Pond Boss
Posted By: Zep Hand feeding a bass - 06/15/18 02:35 PM
can't remember if we've seen this already or not...but some may not have seen it.

Posted By: Redonthehead Re: Hand feeding a bass - 06/15/18 03:00 PM
dayum!!
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Hand feeding a bass - 06/15/18 03:04 PM
Makes me smile every time!
Posted By: DrLuke Re: Hand feeding a bass - 06/15/18 03:38 PM
laugh Wowza!
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Hand feeding a bass - 06/15/18 04:22 PM
isn't Robert Woodard the star of this video often on the pondboss facebook live list of folks leaving comments?
Posted By: anthropic Re: Hand feeding a bass - 06/15/18 08:43 PM
What a fish! I've caught LMB that I thought were big, but this is something on a whole different level.

Catching it by hand is amazing, too. I wonder if it will ever come to the dock to be fed in the future.

One caution: Holding a bass this heavy by the jaw, even hanging straight down, can be dangerous to the fish. My rule of thumb laugh is that anything 5 lb or more should be supported by the belly as well as the jaw. Fish that size are precious commodities and should be treated as such.
Posted By: John Fitzgerald Re: Hand feeding a bass - 06/16/18 12:04 AM
Originally Posted By: anthropic
What a fish! I've caught LMB that I thought were big, but this is something on a whole different level.

Catching it by hand is amazing, too. I wonder if it will ever come to the dock to be fed in the future.

One caution: Holding a bass this heavy by the jaw, even hanging straight down, can be dangerous to the fish. My rule of thumb laugh is that anything 5 lb or more should be supported by the belly as well as the jaw. Fish that size are precious commodities and should be treated as such.

My guess is that fish probably died within a few days. Poor handling technique, plus they hooked the scale in its gill cover.
Posted By: snrub Re: Hand feeding a bass - 06/16/18 01:56 AM
Gar King who is a member of this forum and used to post here catches bass by hand. I think he goes by the fish whisperer on YouTube and has lots of videos there.

Fish Whisperer
© Pond Boss Forum