Pond Boss
Posted By: djstauder optimal in texas hunter? - 03/02/18 10:43 PM
I've got some Optimal food (11/32 in.) from the Pondboss conference. I didn't realize its bigger than the AM600(9/32 in) ive been feeding in my Texas Hunter feeder. Will I have any issues using it in the feeder?

Thanks,
Dan
Posted By: optimalfishfood Re: optimal in texas hunter? - 03/02/18 11:37 PM
Dan,

We send our feeds out fairly regularly to the guys at Texas Hunter. When we were choosing that pellet size we wanted to be sure it would throw. They reported zero issues with the bass feed in their throwers. If you have any issues at all, please reach out and let us know!!

-Dustin
Posted By: djstauder Re: optimal in texas hunter? - 03/03/18 05:46 PM
Ahh... The 11/32 food is what you consider the LMB food?
Posted By: djstauder Re: optimal in texas hunter? - 03/03/18 08:31 PM
Please forgive my poor manners. Thank you for your quick response.
Posted By: anthropic Re: optimal in texas hunter? - 03/04/18 04:28 AM
djstauder, you may need to adjust the throw plate a bit for the larger feed, but it is no big deal. Walt Overton did that for my TH 70 lb feeders, and they throw out Optimal BG feed and Bass feed just fine now.
Posted By: BrianL Re: optimal in texas hunter? - 03/13/18 02:30 PM
Originally Posted By: djstauder
I've got some Optimal food (11/32 in.) from the Pondboss conference. I didn't realize its bigger than the AM600(9/32 in) ive been feeding in my Texas Hunter feeder. Will I have any issues using it in the feeder?

Thanks,
Dan

Just put two cups or so in at first to test it out. I had to put a flat washer between the spinner and mounting bracket, but it will throw larger feed now. Mine wouldn't throw out the MVP largest size till I added the washer. Very easy fix, only took a couple minutes.
© Pond Boss Forum