Pond Boss
Posted By: N.TexasHalfAcre Moultrie Directional Feeder Clogging - 02/23/18 04:14 PM
Based on researching old threads I know there are some people on here that use Moultrie directional feeders. I also know that these feeders have a history of clogging due to moisture. I received one of these as a Christmas gift and got it put up this past weekend. We have had crazy amounts of rain this past week, and guess what, my feeder is clogged. I checked the feed and it doesn't appear to be wet in the body of the feeder. So, the moisture must be coming up from the mouth of the feeder. My question is from those that use Moultrie feeders, what is the best way to unclog them? It would be a pain to take all of the feed out and unclog from the top down, but I don't see much of a way to get to the clog from the mouth. My feeder is technically a deer feeder, but when it was working it worked really well. See the link below. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.moultriefeeders.com/moultrie-15-gallon-directional-deer-feeder
Posted By: stickem' Re: Moultrie Directional Feeder Clogging - 02/23/18 05:26 PM
NTHA,
I used Moultrie feeders the first couple of years before I broke down and bought a Texas Hunter Dock feeder. Yes, clogging was a regular event when using the Moultrie feeders. I would simply open the top of the feeder and force a 3/4" x 1" pointed end wooden stake down through the pellets and rotated it around until I hit the spinner on the motor assy. That would generally free the feed up at least for a while. My problem came from the temperature differences between the water and the air. There always seemed to be a mist or fog over the pond in early mornings. The feed would soften up in the mornings, then harden up as the daytime temperatures rose creating a block of feed. Good luck!
© Pond Boss Forum