Pond Boss
Posted By: tim k Optimal? - 03/15/17 02:29 PM
is Optimal only shipped or are there places to pick it up?

How does it compare to similar brands as to cost? Thanks for info
Posted By: BrianL Re: Optimal? - 03/15/17 03:18 PM
Only shipped for the most part. Cost is on the higher end, but so is quality. According to some, it takes about 25% less to get equal growth, with less waste going into your pond. So while it cost more /pound, it takes less of it to achieve the same goal. If you can order in bulk with a group buy, it is about the same price.
Posted By: farmallsc Re: Optimal? - 03/15/17 03:58 PM
I want to put my 2 cents out there just for something to chew on. I've been studying on this for a few days. I've read quite a bit about Optimal and most everything I read is positive. At the moment I'm feeding Cargill 4512 and my fish are eating every crumb, but to be honest, the list of ingredients were a bit vague and I'm not sure where the protein comes from. I've been seriously considering switching to Optimal.

Looking from my point of view, I plan on eating my fish and I want the highest quality of feed I can get. If I was feedinging them solely for the pleasure of feeding, I might view it a little different.

I also considered all the information lately on pet food. I had to research what I give my pets throughly and make the best decision I could. I don't trust factories these days for my food let alone my pets, but we've all got to eat, so we make the best decision on what information is available.

What I've been trying to say is, consider more than price when looking at anything.
Posted By: farmallsc Re: Optimal? - 03/20/17 03:24 AM
I was on Optimal's website and noticed they have a 30% off coupon on 2 bags of Bass food.
Posted By: BrianL Re: Optimal? - 03/20/17 03:30 PM
Originally Posted By: farmallsc
I was on Optimal's website and noticed they have a 30% off coupon on 2 bags of Bass food.

That is a great price for two bags. Same price as ordering it by a pallet.
© Pond Boss Forum