Pond Boss
Posted By: johnking Li'l Strike who else is feeding it? - 05/23/15 01:29 AM
My Blue Gill and cats seem to like Li'l Strike as much as AM. At 15$ a bag this stuff is hard not to like.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Li'l Strike who else is feeding it? - 05/23/15 02:31 AM
Li'L Strike is my normal "go to" feed when I can't get Aquamax -- which is most of the time. In other words, Li'l Strike provides most of the feed in my ponds. The BG, HBG, HSB, and CC all seem to love it. In one of my ponds, even a few LMB come up for it each evening.

In my area, Li'l Strike is almost always available and very fresh. I posted elsewhere this evening about comparing Tractor Supply's 36% protein Cargill product, vs. Li'l Strike. Both have labels that show 36% protein. The two seem to be quite similar in nutrition, but the Cargill product is almost twice as expensive as Li'l Strike, which actually seems to be slightly better product based on their specifications sheet. Yesterday, I bought two 25 lb., bags of the Cargill product at about $17 each. I was just too tired to drive to the other side of town to get some 40# bags of Li'l Strike. The Li'l Strike would have provided me almost double the weight of what I bought, with the same protein content, and a better fat ratio.

Last night I took out two channel cats that were both about 7 lbs. The only thing in their stomachs and intestines was Li'l Strike pellets.

The same supplier of Li'l Strike makes Big Strike. But, IMHO, it is not even in the same class as Li'l strike. It is cheaper. The pellets are bigger. It has a 32% minimum protein level.

I do believe that through Pond Boss connections, we will find a reasonable and regularly-available fish food for our ponds. It is my hope that it will be the Purina Aquamax series, even if some of the Pond Boss members need to license the formula and buy extruders to manufacture it.

Ken

Ken
Posted By: SetterGuy Re: Li'l Strike who else is feeding it? - 05/24/15 12:53 PM
I'm almost out of Aquamax. My order won't be filled for 2 to 4 weeks at best. I've been trying to find Li'l Strike. Is it available at Tractor Supply? When I search on their website, I get zero hits. They do have a fish food listed, but it doesn't say anything about Li'l Strike. Where do you guys buy it?
Thanks
Jeff
Posted By: kenc Re: Li'l Strike who else is feeding it? - 05/24/15 01:07 PM
Southern States sells it.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Li'l Strike who else is feeding it? - 05/24/15 01:47 PM
As KenC says, Southern States Co-Op. I believe it is their own product. If you don't have Southern States Co-Ops in your area, Tractor Supply has a very similar Cargill product. See my post above.
Posted By: Bernie H. Re: Li'l Strike who else is feeding it? - 05/25/15 01:39 PM
I have not been able to buy Aquamax from my usual supplier for three months. So I bought Cargil's 25# bag at tractor supply. I also went to
Southern States and looked at their Big Strike and Little Strike. Was told that Little Strike was a sinking feed which I did not want ;but in reading the label,I thought it floated. Bought it,used it and like it(so do my fish).
© Pond Boss Forum