Pond Boss
Posted By: Flame how big should my cnbg get in 6 months? - 01/25/15 02:30 PM
My new 2 acre pond is filling fast. I am stocking in mid February with my first fish. cnbg,res, and fhm. My question is by mid August or about 6 months if I daily feed, How large should the cnbg get? Will my grandson be able to catch some this summer?
Flame

Only feeding for about 5-6 months mine went from 2-3" to about7" round fat footballs. Feeding the 40+ protein from Overtons made the difference. They were stocked in February 2013 and not fed till July, and they are close to 1/2-3/4# now. Since you have a feeder start with 1/8" pellets from Todd O. By summer you will have catchable gills for your grandkids

Pat W

Edit: flame saw your other post on bullheads: we call them mud cats or polywogs around here also
Posted By: Flame Re: how big should my cnbg get in 6 months? - 01/25/15 08:32 PM
Thanks Pat, We can hardly wait. I got out today and took down a meter loop and breaker box pole I had for an rv. The electric co-op has been out here and we have staked out the overhead electric to get power to my pond.I will get the meter loop and pole in place near the water and will be waiting for their crew to come out and run the lines and tie me in.All I will need to do is get power from my meter loop over to the pontoon boat.
Posted By: Jason007 Re: how big should my cnbg get in 6 months? - 01/26/15 09:59 AM
Posted By: snrub Re: how big should my cnbg get in 6 months? - 01/26/15 01:09 PM
I looked at my new member introduction thread and the notes I had there said that my BG were stocked mid March 2013 and by that fall were mostly 5-6" size.

You are further south with warmer water earlier and later in the season, so I would expect you to have even better results.
Posted By: ewest Re: how big should my cnbg get in 6 months? - 01/26/15 07:07 PM
6-8 inches should be a good estimate. These pics cover some CNBG about the same situation.

I had a 2 acre pond stocked in April of the year with 3-4" fish and by the end of the fall I was catching some 8-10" with most 6-7" at least.

I only stocked 500 in mine with 100 redear though. We started feeding right away and the fish were feeding well by May.
Posted By: snrub Re: how big should my cnbg get in 6 months? - 02/03/15 02:48 AM
You southern guys get some serious growth in those CNBG
© Pond Boss Forum