Pond Boss
Posted By: DNickolaus Would you let your wife buy a feeder? - 08/10/14 11:04 PM
So my bday is coming up. My wife is tired of hearing me talk about my pond and fish.. she knows I'm a little obsessed. So this weekend outta the blue she says "we've decided your birthday present this year is a fish feeder." I'm only at the pond on the weekends and I hand feed morning and evening. The fish come up right away and clean it up every time- in 30-50 min. This morning, the snapper came and snagged some pellets too. I'm not after earth-shattering growth, just a happy pond to fish in a few years.

Soo, based on what I hear here, the Texas Hunter is the unit to get. I assume I can turn it off the days I'm down there? I'm having trouble picturing myself with a feeder cuz I love hand feeding and watching them... watching the sun come up, the deer wander by, the birds singing, happy fish, standing on the cherry stump with fry and tadpoles swarming around my feet...

What say ye? Let her get a feeder? And no, there was no offer to install it.. we all know how that would go.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Would you let your wife buy a feeder? - 08/11/14 12:08 AM
Heck yeah I would! Let her know what you're looking for, where to find it, and turn her loose!!
Posted By: jludwig Re: Would you let your wife buy a feeder? - 08/11/14 01:29 AM
No brainer. Just do as sprkplug said and give her all the information.
I wish my wife would have bought mine- lol, just bought the hunter 70# feeder hear it's the best one to get. All my neighbors have them. As far as turning it off ... Don't ... Just pop off the lid and give em some more by hand....

Pat
© Pond Boss Forum