Pond Boss
Posted By: Cray Frozen piltchers for feed - 02/16/14 11:09 PM
I often go down to the gulf fishing and catch my own bait with a cast net. When the piltchers are running you can catch 100 lbs easy. I was wondering if I could freeze these and bring back for feed in my bass only pond. The bass will eat anything that falls in the water so they should eat these after they thaw out. Is this a bad idea or do you think it would work? Just trying to add some variety to my bass diet.
Posted By: esshup Re: Frozen piltchers for feed - 02/17/14 02:22 AM
I think it'd work. I trained some of my LMB to take a BG that was supended *just* out of the water on a fishing line.
Posted By: Jim Walton Re: Frozen piltchers for feed - 02/20/14 04:27 PM
My duck hunting buddy has a crawfish pond and he brings me his white river crawfish culls each day. They are less desirable than the red swamp crawfish that we cook. I throw them off my porch into my 10 acre lake. (8 to 10 lbs. per day) Now my bass eat anything that hits the water. I switched to individually quick frozen shrimp after crawfish season ended and they continued to devourer them. Then I switched to cheap wieners cut into 1" chunks. Devoured. You can train grown bass this way. My "Weeny Bass" are growing so fast and so fat I worry they their cholesterol.
Posted By: Tums Re: Frozen piltchers for feed - 02/20/14 06:55 PM
Cray I feed that stuff regularly to my catfish and never had a problem.
Where do you fish out of?
I am mainly fishing from Apalachicola to Panama city.

Attached picture On Plane 2.JPG
© Pond Boss Forum