Pond Boss
Posted By: RC51 Stopping feed? - 06/22/12 07:08 PM
Quick question.

Here in Arkansas we are starting to get rather low in the rain department once again. My pond is drying up a little every day and we are now starting to hit the 100's in temp. Should I stop feeding at some point with my water getting lower and lower? I would say I am about 15 to 18 inches low right now? Course my air is running all night long from dusk till dawn, but I was just wondering if there is a correct way to go about feeding or not feeding as the pond gets dryer and dryer?

Thanks,
Posted By: MRHELLO Re: Stopping feed? - 06/22/12 07:59 PM
I was wondering the same thing so glad you brought this up.

I think I am going to change my 4 times a day to 2 times a day one about 6-7 in the morning and then somewhere between 7-9 a night.

Any recommended times as this heat wave approaches?
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Stopping feed? - 06/22/12 08:01 PM
Are the fish still eating the food?
Posted By: RC51 Re: Stopping feed? - 06/22/12 08:45 PM
Hey BK yes at this point they are still eating. Should I let the fish dictate what I need to do? I have a 8 am setting at 2 seconds and a 7:30 P.M setting at 1 second. Food I am using AM500 / 600

thx,
Posted By: lassig Re: Stopping feed? - 06/23/12 01:14 AM
I feed 1 second at 7AM and 2 seconds at 7 PM. All food (atleast that in the water) is cleaned up in 5 to 10 minutes. As long as they are still eat I say keep feeding them. I assuming they will slow down shortly when the water heats up and I will back off
Posted By: esshup Re: Stopping feed? - 06/23/12 03:22 AM
My trout have backed off the feed, although I still had 2 or 3 come up right at dark tonight. Last evening a smaller one launched itself about 2' out of the pond after a dragonfly waaayyyyyy out in the middle of the pond. If I hadn't been looking that way I would have missed it.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Stopping feed? - 06/23/12 04:26 AM
If there eatin I'd keep feeding..
Posted By: n8ly Re: Stopping feed? - 06/23/12 04:32 AM
I would back the feedings down to a minimum if your questioning water quality.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Stopping feed? - 06/23/12 04:43 AM
I took it as his water is down but quality is still good..
Posted By: RC51 Re: Stopping feed? - 06/25/12 04:35 PM
Yes my water quality is fine. Just getting lower and lower by the day! Looks like we are not going to get any rain soon either! Thanks guys for your replys. They still ate pretty good this last weekend so I am continuting for now.

thanks again,
© Pond Boss Forum