Pond Boss
Posted By: ihunt Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 12:57 AM
I live in middle Ga.Any suggestions on the best or a really good feed for growing Big Bluegill? Thanks in advance
Posted By: jakeb Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 01:03 AM
The best mix of price, quality, and availability, I think most would say Aquamax 4,5,or 600 depending on BG size. Then probably Game Fish Chow. Some mix them together. I am no expert, so lets hear from the others.

This could change soon based on the limited info in Bruce Condello's thread!
Posted By: ihunt Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 01:14 AM
Saw his post.Bruce,I don't know anyone on this site.TELL,TELL,TELL.It will be our little secret.My BG range in size from very small to very large.1 lb. plus.
Posted By: jakeb Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 01:21 AM
You can ask all you want, but Bruce will not tell until the time is right. Who knows when that will be!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 02:57 AM
I am betting it will be told in a PB article... So if you aren't a subscriber, get on it! HAHA
Posted By: AaronM Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 03:31 AM
The best food on the market is Aquamax.
Posted By: jsand13 Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 12:30 PM
Where do you live at in middle Ga? I already have a guy special ordering my aquamax for me in warrenton. Took me a while to find someone that would order it for me. Most feeds stores just said they didn't carry it.
Posted By: bobad Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 02:42 PM
 Originally Posted By: jsand13
Took me a while to find someone that would order it for me. Most feeds stores just said they didn't carry it.

I hear you. Same thing here. One would think that Purina outlets would stock any Purina product if customers requested it. Instead of driving 60 miles to get Aquamax, I'm forced to settle for less.
Posted By: jakeb Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 03:49 PM
My Purina dealer will gladly order anything Purina makes and have it there on the next tuesday a week later. Guess im lucky!
Posted By: george1 Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 05:42 PM
I have had dealings with three different Purina dealers and each will provide the product on next delivery date, usually the week following.
Posted By: ihunt Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/25/09 11:52 PM
I live in Macon.There are two dealers here.I have been feeding Aquafeed.It seems to be ok but I am wanting them to do better.
Posted By: jsand13 Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/26/09 01:39 AM
Aquafeed is a ok feed. I fed it for a few years until I got a couple of bags that were molded. Then I switched to Game fish chow and this year I decided to give Aquamax a try. My fish love Aquamax. Is one of the dealers near you a purina dealer?
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/26/09 03:21 PM
I live in mid-west Ga and my BG/HBG/CNBG love the Game Fish Chow. There are different sizes in the bag
so they're all satisfied. I also grind some up and feed to the fingerlings around the shore line.
Posted By: 2catmom Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/26/09 07:16 PM
WE FEED THE FISH HOT DOGS UP HERE IN MICHIGAN! kROGER VALUE BRAND, 88CENTS PER PACKAGE, NOW WE HAVE TO KILL THEM ALL THIS YEAR, IT IS REALLY SAD.
Posted By: ihunt Re: Best BG feed?? - 03/26/09 11:07 PM
I have decided on GFC.I can get it for $20.00 a bag and the Aquamax is $27.00 a bag.It may be better feed but I will have to know it's worth the extra $7.00 a bag.
© Pond Boss Forum