Pond Boss
Posted By: gaboy My fish are not feeding????? - 05/14/08 01:16 AM
It has been almost 3 weeks since my fish came up and fed. Once in a while a few will come up, but not like they usually do. Could it be that they are on the beds spawning or is there something else that could effect their feeding habits.
Our weather has been in the lower to mid 80's for several weeks now. Nothing has changed with water clarity or anything else with the pond. We have not have any measurable rain for a month now either.
Is this normal or could something else be wrong?
Posted By: ewest Re: My fish are not feeding????? - 05/14/08 02:21 AM
It is normal for what you describe to happen. It could be spawning or other reasons.
Posted By: gaboy Re: My fish are not feeding????? - 05/14/08 10:13 AM
I don't remember them going this long without feeding. Even through the winter the fish usually come up and feed pretty good.
Posted By: rexcramer Re: My fish are not feeding????? - 05/14/08 12:53 PM
My Bluegill have almost all stopped feeding for the last five days or so, only my YP are feeding. I think my BG were getting ready to spawn and then it got cold and now they are all screwed up. As long as they are all not belly up I guess I wont worry
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: My fish are not feeding????? - 05/14/08 01:01 PM
All my big BG have been off feed for over a week, presumed spawning or preparing to. Smaller, immature BG still take pellets AOK; LMB, CC, and GC eating normally. Same thing happened last year about the same time.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: My fish are not feeding????? - 05/14/08 06:00 PM
your BG spawn early. mine have not even shown signs of spawning yet. My pond gets a lot of shade and we have been getting a lot of rain so the water has not had a chance to heat up yet.
© Pond Boss Forum