Pond Boss
Posted By: JohnHarperMKE Draining Lake Michigan - 11/04/19 11:21 PM
Big question, how do we go about draining Lake Michigan? I strongly believe we need a fresh start. I have purchased 3 1/3 HP submersible utility pumps from Home Depot and plan to begin draining in the spring. I wondered if I could get about 20-30 more pumps so we can drain the lake quicker. If you are interested let me know, I really wanna get the ball rolling on this one before its too late.

John
Concerned citizen of the Great United States of America
Posted By: JohnHarperMKE Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/04/19 11:26 PM
I realize that Lake Michigan is a little ambitious so I am open to draining Lake Superior first as long as all of you that bring your pumps to Lake Superior will help me in the spring with Lake Michigan. Based on my estimation these two lakes should only take about 4 hours each. I drained a pond in my back yard in about 30 minutes with one of these pumps.
Posted By: gehajake Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/04/19 11:47 PM
Might try to get a siphon started, I heard Michigan sucks,, so that may be a cheaper route. just throwing that out there.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/05/19 02:20 AM
John,

This is a serious forum and your proposal is obviously a hoax! Everybody knows you need to drain Superior and Michigan simultaneously into Huron to be efficient! Sheesh!

I'll show up for the project as long as there is free beer!
Posted By: airborne3118 Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/05/19 05:28 AM
DID SOMEBODY SAY FREE BEER??
Posted By: Clay N' Pray Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/05/19 10:49 AM
Anonymous tip to .feds that Hoffa's body might be in the deepest part...
That'll get the ball rolling.
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/05/19 01:02 PM
Epstein didn't kill himself!
Posted By: JohnHarperMKE Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/05/19 04:43 PM
I will supply 1 free beer for each gallon of water drained. Based on guess that means each of us will get at least 3 beers. Let me know you preferences, we have a limited selection of beer in the fridge. Milwaukee's best and Hamms currently
Posted By: Augie Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/05/19 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnHarperMKE
Milwaukee's best and Hamms currently

I can do Hamms but would prefer STAG.
Posted By: gehajake Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/05/19 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnHarperMKE
I will supply 1 free beer for each gallon of water drained. Based on guess that means each of us will get at least 3 beers. Let me know you preferences, we have a limited selection of beer in the fridge. Milwaukee's best and Hamms currently

Better stock up on that Milwaukee beer before you drain the lake, I hear thats where the brewery gets its water from.
Posted By: Mfitzs70 Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/06/19 10:46 AM
UUmm I see a problem with this..where do you think the beer goes after its drank?
Posted By: RStringer Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/06/19 03:10 PM
Im in on the free beer, My question is where you gunna put all the water you drain out.
Posted By: roundy Re: Draining Lake Michigan - 11/07/19 04:26 PM
another way to recycle some of all that beer detritus.

© Pond Boss Forum