Pond Boss
Posted By: day Filling pond with well. - 05/17/18 05:29 PM
Talk to me about the cost of construction for a pond with built up Levi’s vs digging. I understand you woukd not catch much runoff but if you had a well that would fill it woukd that work? Woukd it be cheaper? You woukd still need to dig bit if you just took the dirt and pushed it up theoretically every foot you built up is a foot you wouldn’t need to go down. I fished at a place called lakes of danberry that looked like they were built like this? Anyone have any experience with Levi built ponds.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Filling pond with well. - 05/18/18 10:52 AM
I bet they weren't built by just pushing dirt. A properly constructed dam needs to be cored and filled with good clay. Then the soils and clay have to be "knitted" together. If not, a "seam" is left that lets water run under the pushed up dirt.

Mine was built that way before I learned how it ought to be done. And the dozer guy that I hired could do anything with his equipment but was ignorant as I was about building a dam that holds water. Mine will always leak.
Posted By: robjones Re: Filling pond with well. - 11/02/18 02:26 AM
The cost really depends on the suppliers. If you are into brand new materials it will cost you a lot.
© Pond Boss Forum