Pond Boss
Here (if the picture loads) is the potential pond site we have discussed. The pecan grove to the north is old and I have cleaned it up and removed a few old trees. The home will located in the Grove at the South right corner. The area in between the grove and potential pond is a 3 to 4 acre planted pine area that has been thinned but will be thinned even more in the next 45 days. I plan to get the logging crew to completely clear cut the potential pond site if this is the site we decide upon. The pond builder stated that this is the best area considering the topo and the drain that is currently present. Estimated price on the 5 acres is $40,000. I would preferably want the pond to be closer to the home but he stated this is the best place to build.

Attached picture Potential Pond Site.jpg
Gaboy,
Looks like quite the project. Keep posting pics as the project develops. Good luck!
Well guys...we finished the pond yesterday. I know I posted on this last year. The crew started about mid July of this year. It was a pretty wet Summer so they just finished the pond after around 2 months of work...on and off. Here are a few pics of the project. The last five pics are the finished product.

Total land size is around 4.5 acres. It is rather shallow coming off the dirt road and gets to be about 20-22 ft deep towards the damn. I left patches of water oaks in the pond. I am not sure how long they will survive but hopefully I will get a few years of their beauty and their ability to attract a few ducks as well. You can see our farmhouse up on the hill in one of the pics. I hope this is a spot my boys and their friends can enjoy for a lifetime.

Attached picture Pond.jpg
Attached picture 0725181917.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1277.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1371.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1372.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1373.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1374.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1375.JPG
© Pond Boss Forum