Pond Boss
Posted By: Fraxinus Waterfall construction suggestions? - 08/25/13 07:39 PM
Hey all,

I hope these pictures work! They're a few years old, but the same filter is still there. The wood and extra plastic was removed, and some of those cool floaty things that smooth out the water to make the fish more visible. Anyhoo! I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for building a more permanent structure (preferably stone-based) around this filter so that the black plastic isn't visible anymore. I'll try to find more detailed/updated pictures of the pond, and add them on here. Thanks mucho!

Attached picture DSCN1050.jpg
Attached picture DSCN1051.jpg
Attached picture DSCN1052.jpg
Posted By: JKB Re: Waterfall construction suggestions? - 08/25/13 11:07 PM
Welcome to PB!

My brother built one for my Mom using the decorative retaining wall blocks.
Posted By: Fraxinus Re: Waterfall construction suggestions? - 08/26/13 02:29 AM
Hey there! I was thinking of something along the same lines; might I ask what he used for structural support?
Posted By: Instar Re: Waterfall construction suggestions? - 08/26/13 03:19 AM
Your problem will be the front of the unit. The unit will need to be set back to provide a base footprint for whatever you use.

What make waterfall unit is that? I don't think that I have ever seen one plumbed to the top. All the units that I have seen are plumbed to the bottom. The unit usually also serves as a biological filter. This one evidently not.
Posted By: JKB Re: Waterfall construction suggestions? - 08/26/13 03:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Fraxinus
Hey there! I was thinking of something along the same lines; might I ask what he used for structural support?

Level ground, and it is set back further than yours so the blocks go all the way around. Play around with moving yours to see how you like it. You can always add stuff in front to get different effects while hiding the rest of it. It's also a bio filter like Instar mentioned, so the inlet is at the bottom. There is also an inlet filter at the other end of the small pond that keeps all the crap from getting sucked into the pump.
Posted By: RC51 Re: Waterfall construction suggestions? - 08/26/13 04:26 PM
You can find out a LOT of info on Youtube about waterfalls!! They have entire videos from front to back on it. There is a lot to know. Seems easy enough though but hard at the same time dealing with all the rock and such. Do a search out there for water falls and see what you get.

RC
Posted By: Fraxinus Re: Waterfall construction suggestions? - 08/28/13 03:40 AM
Thanks all for the help! I was thinking of using decorative retaining wall blocks, and was wondering if I should pour a cement pad and set them in it for stability?
Posted By: hang_loose Re: Waterfall construction suggestions? - 08/28/13 04:42 AM
You may be having some trouble with the wood siding in the future. And by the way, Welcome to Pond Boss!
© Pond Boss Forum