Pond Boss
Posted By: DiamondDave Birth of a Pond - 04/04/13 01:10 PM
Photographer friend of mine sent me this link. Was pretty cool so thought I'd share.
PetaPixel - Birth of a Pond
Posted By: fish n chips Re: Birth of a Pond - 04/04/13 01:37 PM
Nice, thanks for sharing.

I always enjoy seeing the process like this, being video or single snap shots over years.
Posted By: esshup Re: Birth of a Pond - 04/04/13 02:03 PM
Pretty cool! They must have great soil, I didn't see that they compacted the pond basin any. If you look closely, I think the camera catches a deer at the 1:45 mark.
Posted By: kenc Re: Birth of a Pond - 04/04/13 02:13 PM
Makes me wonder how big the pond is and how much did it cost?
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Birth of a Pond - 04/04/13 02:34 PM
Probably a lot of scratch due to needing to move those soils someplace else, unless someone wanted them and paid for that part.

Otherwise that was excellent! I wanted to do the same thing as I dabble in photography, but I had nowhere safe to set up the camera from the elements.
Posted By: DiamondDave Re: Birth of a Pond - 04/04/13 04:09 PM
When I have my pond dug I'll do the same thing with my trail cameras. I have two that take pics every 5 seconds that should be an easy edit.

I'm about to gather quotes for the job, hope to break ground in the next couple of months! Looking at about 3/4 of an acre as I have it staked out now. I'll probably have to have at least half of the dug soil taken off the property. I'll use what I can for landscaping hills along a 600 ft+ property border, a go-karting oval and dirtbike hills, a shooting range backstop..and any other thing I can think of before it starts to happen. smile
Posted By: mpc Re: Birth of a Pond - 04/07/13 07:20 PM
Great Post DD and I hope you post your build too. I wish I would have done something like that.
© Pond Boss Forum