Pond Boss
Posted By: River Hill Maryland - 01/18/11 12:06 AM
I am in the process of looking at some parcels of land. Can anyone recommend a company that does work in MD on pond construction? I want to make sure this will be done correctly and I want to make sure the soil and site will work, before I sign any papers.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Maryland - 01/18/11 01:39 AM
Hey River Hill,

Welcome to Pond Boss.

To answer your question we need a little bit more info -- like where are you? The Pokomoke sand will be very different from the Reisterstown cornfield clay, which will be real different from Frostburg's spring fed mountainous terrain.

Again, welcome,
Ken
Posted By: River Hill Re: Maryland - 01/18/11 08:18 AM
I am looking for land in Northern Baltimore County and Carroll County. MD does have some vast difference in soils.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Maryland - 01/18/11 12:08 PM
We don't have any active members in that area. In that case, I'd start with a call the the local Natural Resources Conservation Service. They can actually help you with a lot of pond building answers.
Maryland NRCS Office
Posted By: kurt Re: Maryland - 01/18/11 11:41 PM
Welcome River Hill,

You are in the right place. Ask all your questions. I can't help you unless you want the wrong things to do but there are many, many experts here.

My only advice is the advice I did not heed from the experts, take you time and do the research. BUT most of all, have fun with the process, research, planning, building, filling, structure, stocking and fishing (I am at the filling stage)

good luck.
Posted By: River Hill Re: Maryland - 01/21/11 02:54 AM
Thank you guys for the info. I will contact the local NRCS office and start there.
© Pond Boss Forum