Pond Boss
Posted By: dap New Pond - 09/23/10 02:52 AM
I started this project in 2008. The pond is about an acre and 9 foot at its deepest. I wish it were a few more feet deeper. 150 feet wide and a little over 300 feet in length. I stocked a little over a year ago. RES, BG, HBG, CC and FHM. I added 50 LMB last October. Happily eating 18 inch CC and pulled a few 8 inch BG out too.

Attached picture birth of pond.jpg
Attached picture birth of pond 2.jpg

Description: These pictures were taken a few weeks ago.
Attached picture pond_1.jpg
Attached picture feeding  fish.jpg
Attached picture channel cat.jpg
Attached picture pond weed.jpg
Attached picture pond4.jpg
Posted By: esshup Re: New Pond - 09/23/10 02:32 PM
dap, it's looking nice! I know you have more clay in the soil over that way than I do here. Did the pond drop much this year?
Your the 5th person locally (including myself) that I know of that had their pond dug in 2008.
Posted By: dap Re: New Pond - 09/23/10 05:39 PM
I'm down about 14 inches, not bad since its been so dry lately. We hit a lot of clay at the beginning but went through it and hit sand. I haven't really had any problems, I just wanted to show it off. I know I enjoy looking at everyones pond when they post on the forum. Probably the next project for summer 2011 is a dock of some type. You'll have to stop by sometime.
Posted By: esshup Re: New Pond - 09/23/10 05:59 PM
I plan on building a floating dock this winter. It'll be easier to do on top of the ice - just build it in place and wait 'till the ice goes off for it to float.
Posted By: leo77 Re: New Pond - 09/24/10 12:15 PM
Beautiful pond!
© Pond Boss Forum