Pond Boss
Posted By: texas rancher west texas lake site - 01/18/10 06:47 PM
Have a ranch in Throckmorton Texas , have a god natural valley with a large watershead area . Need some advice in lake size cost & design . Understand I need to keep it under 200 acre feet to avoid permit issues . Any recomendations on contacts would be appreciated
Posted By: esshup Re: west texas lake site - 01/18/10 07:01 PM
Welcome to Pond Boss! You're close to Otto, give him a shout.

Otto's Dirt Service
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: west texas lake site - 01/18/10 07:04 PM
You're lucky you're that close to Otto... He's THE man!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: west texas lake site - 01/18/10 07:06 PM
Hello Texas Rancher, welcome to Pond Boss, we're glad you found us. Otto that esshup gave you a link to is one of the best in the business, give him a shout.

Also if you would like more information about building a pond then I would suggest that you purchase Bob Lusk's book "Perfect Pond, Want One?" It's chock full of great information.

Thanks for posting and feel free to post any questions.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: west texas lake site - 01/18/10 09:02 PM
Texas Rancher I was born and raised in Woodson. Throckmorton is the county seat 15 miles away. All I can say is you better have a very good water shed. Rain storms can be far and few between in that region. If you recall their city lake dried up and they had to have water piped in from another town. That made national news a few years ago. Not really sure why, that is normal in that area. My uncle who lives there has built ponds and lakes for the past 50 years. He now works for the RA brown ranch running heavy equipment. Here is a link to the brown ranch website. http://www.rabrownranch.com/crew/
Elga Ray Smith is my uncle. I can get you his phone number if you wish. He knows lake building and that area. He is no longer in business for him self but I'm sure he would be glad to look at your site and give recomendations. Good luck with your project
Posted By: Dustin Pratt Re: west texas lake site - 05/05/10 03:03 AM
I grew up working on the matthews ranch in southern Throckmorton county. That is a great area. There were many deep, good fishin' holes on that ranch. any more info on the landscape you are planning placing the pond on? can you post any topo pics?

drp
© Pond Boss Forum