gehajake
I think you got the one that i was supposed to get. Out of 24 boxes on the shelf, I can always pick the one with the bum product inside. Talk with tech support further, something does not seem right.

I have spent 5-6 hours with my Deeper. I have been using it to investigate the pond, pond structure & fish population. My Deeper Pro+2 does show brush. It is hard to interpret, looks like static to me. I know there is brush there & the rest of the pond is smooth & flat. Also some spawning disks, hard to interpret but always shows the same way so that is what 36" disks look like. I have it set so that it shifts beams from 20 to 7 when it gets into shallow water. Little icon shows you how much surface area of the bottom you are scanning. No problem in 2-4 feet of water seeing bream. You can use the on board algorithm to interpret fish, Lg, Med, Sm, fish. & distance from surface or bottom. I can NOT interpret fish from just the raw data lines, although the more I use it the more things make sense to me. I still do not understand the return I get from vegetation, spadderdock.

My frustration is the Sm, Med, Lg fish icons. I have gotten Sm & Med returns & never a Lg. So what size fish triggers each size icon. How small does that fish have to be to not trigger a Medium Icon? At what size is a large icon triggered? I understand that the sonar can't be accurate but a ball park would be nice. I know from fishing in an area with a lot of medium icons (i knew exactly at what depth to set the hook & where to drop the line) that a 6-10 inch bream shows as a medium size fish.

If the deeper is working properly from 5-6 hours of playing with it, I know that I have medium size fish, few small perhaps 1 in 20, & No or VERY few large.