Heard more info regarding the buck shot referenced above. Even with trained bloodhound, they were not able to locate and recover it. They followed it across two neighboring properties (all adjacent on south side of ours) for some distance; but did not find it. They described its rack as two feet wide and two feet tall. Probably laying dead out there somewhere; but likely not on our property.

Also found out that someone hunting neighbor's property to the north of ours shot a massive 10 point buck that weighed over 300 pounds after being field dressed - literally yards from our property line. I suspect it is a buck I had on trail cam a few times last spring (after season before shedding).

Honestly, kind of frustrating. That landowner lets tons of people hunt on him. He and most of them have the brown is down mentality. I'm in between all of them with little time to hunt, trying to ensure wife and son get chances at big bucks, and spending time and money improving habitat for people who do none of that to benefit and take it all for granted... Sorry for the rant... just frustrated... I'm sure those bucks genetics are in the does and young bucks on our properties... I know... I just need to improve our habitat more so spend most of their time on our property...