Hi, long time lurker and finally realized that I have a problem that I can't handle and need help frown

I've been battling a major algae and plant problem in my pond for years. The pond is fed from underground and from a year round spring that comes off the mountain. It's very silty and the depth had eventually reached just a few feet in 2018.

We drained the pond and had an excavator come and dig it out and now it's over 8 feet in the center and tapers up to the sides.

I was hoping that would kill off the algae but it's come back with a vengeance. Last summer we tried a product you spray over the pond and it's supposed to kill off the algae but it did nothing.

I've read many of the posts and info on this blog and I'm just a little baffled as to where to start. I definitely want to include aeration as part of the long term plan but how do I get the current problem under control?

There is bluegill in the pond and lots of salamanders. There is no livestock using the pond. At this point, I'm willing to consider nuclear options for cleaning this up!

-Frustrated with filamentous in Oregon.

Attached Images
IMG_6612.jpg IMG_6613.jpg IMG_6614.jpg IMG_6617.jpg