The purpose of this post is to create step-by-step instructions to post photos and images to Pond Boss.

Right now, Imgur seems to be the best option as it's free and it's able to create a link that does not require any added tags from the poster. Once the picture is loaded into Imgur, then it only takes a single step to create the required BBCode link. That code link can then be pasted into any text box you are using in Pond Boss.

First, you'll need a free Imgur account. Imgur
If needed, here's the Imgur help page. Imgur Help Page

After creating an account, this is the Imgur home page that will be displayed. Your username will be in the top right corner just to the left of the green orb.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

How to Add Images to Your Imgur Account

To access the Images Editor, simply click on your username. A drop down menu will be displayed. Click "Images".
(This is where all of your pictures will be displayed after you have added them to your Imgur account.)

The album page allows you to view, and or edit, all the pictures you have added to Imgur. Multiple options are available on this page, but only a few are needed. There are 2 green buttons at the top of this page., One is "New Post", and the other one is "Add Images". "New Post" is for creating a public hyperlink for an added picture. We don't want that because it won't load correctly in a forum post. "Add Images" gives us the option to create a BBCode link that works, and also adds the picture to our existing album.

Just to the right of the album of displayed images is a drop down named "Auto Resize:". This allows you to automatically resize the picture when added to the album. That serves 2 purposes. One, it greatly decreases the size of the picture which means here are no rejections by oversized pictures, and two, it sizes the picture in a matter that fits comfortably on a web page.

Personally, I have had great success using the 1280 by 1024 size to import my photos to Imgur and have them render nicely on Pond Boss. If that size is not working for you, then you can always edit the size of your images in Imgur after they have been imported. Also, make sure you then change your auto re-size setting to your preferred option. Once optimized, you can add images to your Imgur album in the future with very little effort.

An easy way to add pictures to the album is to CLICK ON THE GREEN "Add Images " BUTTON. This will open a gray box showing the Imgur Import Manager.

CLICK THE "Browse" BUTTON TO DISPLAY COMPUTER FILES. That displays a text box that allows you to search for the picture you're wanting to add. It can be in downloads, pictures, on the desktop, or other folders. ON PC's, ONCE YOU FIND THE FILE, CLICK ON IT ONE TIME TO ADD IT TO THE IMAGE ALBUM. ON MAC's, DOUBLE CLICK THE FILE.

Imgur also allows drag and drop from any visible file.

IF YOU DRAG THE FILE DIRECTLY OVER THE IMAGE ALBUM, THE SAME GREY BOX WILL POP UP AND YOU CAN RELEASE THE FILE DIRECTLY OVER IT TO ADD THE PICTURE TO THE ALBUM. Nothing else is required.

After copying, or dropping the picture into the grey box, the album will show back up. The picture you added will be in the top left corner of the album. Single click on that picture, and a box will open that shows all the available hyperlinks.

There are 6 options for hyperlinks, but the only link that does not require any added HTML tags is the BBCode option. CLICK ONCE ON THE BBCode "Copy" BUTTON, and the hyperlink is ready for adding to your post.

How to Post Your Imgur Photos to Pond Boss

Congratulations, you have already done the hard part!

To add a picture to your Pond Boss post, do the following directly behind the flashing cursor. No other actions are required, and there are 2 preferable methods.

For PC's
Ctrl+V for keyboards
or Right click and then left click on Paste on Mouse

for Mac's
cmd+V for keyboards
or Right click and then left click on Paste on Mouse

If done correctly, the picture should show up if you press "Preview Reply". If so, then click "Post Reply" to add your post.

We want to keep this thread as "clean" as possible for new members, so it has been locked. If you discover any errors in the post, or wish to add any clarifications, then please reply in the new thread in the Pond Boss section under GENERAL QUESTIONS "Posting Photos from Imgur - Comments".

There is a direct link below.
Posting Photos from Imgur - Comments

Last edited by FireIsHot; 09/28/23 07:01 PM.

AL