My 1/2 acre pond is a hole that was dug in the bend of a dry creek bed with a small masonry spillway. My driveway to my house crosses the outflow side of the creek beneath the spillway. The pond is 50 yards directly in front of the house. During large rain events A LOT of water goes over the spillway and eventually over my driveway as the culvert pipes that were put in before I bought the property are undersized. I am in the process of trying to find a driveway guy that knows a lot about runoff control and appropriately sizing culvert pipes. I looked into building a bridge, but I think the cost would just be too much. We are also looking into circling our driveway in front of our house and back out the other side of the property crossing the creek that feeds the pond in the process. In this location I was thinking a low water crossing would be the best option.

My question is has anyone else had to cross creeks/spillway overflow with a driveway? What worked best. Do you have any suggestions and/or pictures? What are some questions I need to ask the contractor to make sure they are capable? This whole thing is going to be pretty expensive, so I want to make sure I only have to do it once. Thanks.

NTHA - North Texas Half Acre
Cattle Ranch Ponds