Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Goldie1!, RobS, GhostRiver, Dux96, cgmbny
18,523 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,002
Posts558,397
Members18,524
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,593
ewest 21,512
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,157
Who's Online Now
7 members (Bigtrh24, Kanon M, Fishingadventure, SetterGuy, John Fitzgerald, SHORTCREEK, Bill Cody), 741 guests, and 159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#158759 04/14/09 10:41 PM
D
davatsa Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
It's now 10:42 pm CST (8:42 pm PST). I wonder how long JHAP will be up tonight? Do you think he can get everything done on time tomorrow?

What is the over/under on the number of posts he makes in the next 24 hours?

Good luck, Jeff.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Since I'm not filing, I will post for him. I am having a tea party.

Lunker
Lunker
JHAP:
Hope you are holding up under the stress! I got six tax returns filed, waiting today for the 2 most major ones, why does life get so complicated? Of course now I am way behind waiting for the adj. entries from the Jan. 31 year end, have to catch up quick! JHAP will be spelling R E L I E F, and I will be working hard before gardening season.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Such a sad, sad day today.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I had my taxes done back in February. It's always easy when the Feds are paying you back instead of you paying them more.

Lunker
Lunker
Maybe this will cheer JHAP up. This was posted over on the Nebraska Fish & Game Forum recently and is supposedly from:

The Best of Craigslist - A Fish Tale

Quote:
Date: 2009-02-27, 7:38PM EST

Okay so here's the story. I have a bullfrog named Herman. He eats feeder fish (about 1 dozen every 5-6 days... he's got quite the appetite.) that I get from a local store. A few weeks ago I bought him a round of victims and he ate all of them except this one small brownish/greenish fish. I figured it was just because he wasn't hungry but I have never seen him pass up a meal. I left the fish in his tank, feeding the fish daily to keep him alive, and still... Herman wouldn't eat him. I eventually felt sorry for the fish and put him in with the rest of the feeder fish in the feeder tank. I did some research including posting on here asking what kind of fish he was, and figured he was either a juvenile cichlid of some-sort or just an ugly feeder. He'd been in there for about a week before I started calling him "Snack" and yesterday I finally broke down and bought him his own tank and a cute little Pearlscale goldfish to keep him company.

This morning I was watching them swim and to my horror... Snack started attacking the Pearlscale!!! I put him back in the feeder tank to save the Pearlscale from getting hurt (he's cute!) and he started attacking the Feeders! WTF SNACK??!?!?

I did some more research and have discovered that he is not a feeder fish or a cichlid, but a juvenile Green Sunfish. They are SUPER aggressive and territorial and do best as a single fish (with something like a Crayfish as a friend as they are both pond dwellers and won't eat eachother) or in groups (but only from when they are babies)... I read about some people keeping them with Cichlids since they are also aggressive, but as of now, I can't keep him with the Pearlscale or the feeders... He's a jerk. An angry, territorial jerk. hahaah...

I'm posting to see if anyone has an interest in adding him (or her) to their tank of Cichlids, or starting a new tank? He's about 2 inches long at the moment, so you can start off with a smaller tank and just have the tank grow with him? I'd trade for something cute, little and non-aggressive that I can keep with the Pearlscale (Shrimp, another Pearlscale (small), African dwarf frog, etc...)

Let me know what you have, and we'll take it from there. Don't say I didn't warn you that this fish was a jerk tho...

Jessie

D
davatsa Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
LOL Shorty! That's hilarious.

"Snack" would make great bait.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Funny story. A nice momentary lapse from reality as I prepare to go the bank and start shelling out some money to Uncle Sam.

April 15 is the always the worst day of all with last year's taxes plus the 1st Quarter estimated taxes due. A double entendre of sorts...

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
A double entendre of sorts...???

Sunil: More like the Italian expression "double innuendo".

FB

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Whatever the right term is, sad nonetheless.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Im betting JHAP wont post at all today.Burger,Ill second that on the tea party.Today would be a good day for some cheap shots at Jeff,but payback just aint worth it sometimes. \:\)

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
I had my taxes done back in February. It's always easy when the Feds are paying you back instead of you paying them more.

I haven't got money back since I was a teenager. \:\(

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
Im betting JHAP wont post at all today.Burger,Ill second that on the tea party.Today would be a good day for some cheap shots at Jeff,but payback just aint worth it sometimes. \:\)

I'll bet the post office will be busy today. \:D

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Thanks for thinking about me fellow pond meisters. I've had some long days and weeks this past month (working 7 days a week and long hours). Pretty much goes with the territory. I filed extensions for clients yesterday and the last client picked up their return yesterday. So today I sit in my quite office waiting for the phone to ring. And yes it will ring. My conversations today will go something like this:

"Yes, Barney I filed an extension for you no need to worry."

"Hiya Fred, yep I filed your extension yesterday. Nope I didn't read the tax article in "Guns, Swords, Knives, and Thimble Collectors Monthly." It says you get a deduction for Thimble polish to keep your collection in tip top shape? Nope Fred sorry, you're Thimble collection is a hobby, well unless of course you began selling some of your Thimbles then we could file Schedule C and take a deduction for thimble polish and office in home, and auto expenses, entrance to thimble shows and heck even a deduction for your magazine subscription and all sorts of other stuff. Yep you'd have to sell some of you're thimbles. I know you love to polish your thimbles but that doesn't result in a tax deduction. Sorry I don't make the tax rules I know it's not fair. Talk to you soon."

"Hiya Wilma, Got four hours of sleep last night, thanks for asking. Yep I filed an extension for you, no worries. No an extension does not increase your chance for an IRS audit. No they don't put extension returns on an audit task force list. You tell Millie to stop spreading that rumor. No you can't take a casualty loss deduction because Dynamite ruined your favorite slippers. Wilma two questions for you first where did you get the dynamite and second was anything else destroyed with the slippers. Dynamite is a what Wilma? Oh, oh a Chihuahua? And he also ate your sunglasses. No no deduction for the sunglasses either. Gotta go Wilma, my other line is ringing...."

"Bambam, yep filed the extension. You're on WHAT beach with WHAT in your hand? Dude, that's harsh calling me on April 15th, telling me you're partying on some beach in Jamaica. No I don't know what time it is there. The Adams apple, Bambam, I keep telling you look for the adams apple. Gotta go line one is ringing again.... "

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
D
davatsa Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
The Adams apple, Bambam, I keep telling you look for the adams apple. Gotta go line one is ringing again....

LOL!

Good to see you're still your normal (abnormal) self, JHAP. I was getting worried about you.

Oh, and if you replace "thimble" with another word of your choice, the post gets even better.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Oh and Shorty I almost forgot, thanks for posting the GSF story.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: davatsa
Good to see you're still your normal (abnormal) self, JHAP. I was getting worried about you.

My normal is somewhat less normal that other folk's normal.

Originally Posted By: davatsa
Oh, and if you replace "thimble" with another word of your choice, the post gets even better.

Ahhhh grasshopper, it's what we like to call a double entendre (and no, that's not my nick name for a double entry bookkeeping system).

Theo is a master at the double entendre.

In fact Theo even managed to land a quadruple entendre once.

Pulled his groin though.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

T
Lunker
Lunker
T

Well well,glad to hear your out from under the heavy workload.Guess I was wrong about you not posting today but I sure was right in not pulling any cold shots about you.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Well well,glad to hear your out from under the heavy workload.Guess I was wrong about you not posting today but I sure was right in not pulling any cold shots about you.

A wise choice Tom.

As for the rest of you, that chose to mock me during tax season, and thought that I didn't notice, and that ignorantly thought that I hadn't kept track of your heretical blaspheming spewage, I have one thing to say to you. To quote the mighty Led Zeppelin using a reggae twist on an old favorite, as Dread Zeppelin proclaims in this footage...
your time is gonna come.

And to use some old street slang (don't try this at home kids, this is old and tired street slang and will probably result in you getting told)....

Don't mess with JHAP, you'll be illin.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
That story is the very reason why I rescued that GSF a couple weeks back... I would have hated for him to have gone to an unknowing home. Now that would have been sad!

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Gee,Ive never seen you in blue before.And I see the hair tonic worked too. \:D \:D

I subscribe

W
Lunker
Lunker
W
Wow JHAP! Just when I thought your eccentric rants were a result of 8 months of boredom between tax seasons, you go and totally top yourself. I give you props (current street slang... but don't try it at home or your kids will laugh at you) for providing of all things, a Dread Zepplin reference. I haven't heard those guys since high school! Now go get some sleep.

Richard Dennis
EP Aeration
rich@epaeration.com
www.epaeration.com
(800) 556-9251

Lunker
Lunker
Keep it up JHAP:
Watch out, we will get the flax tax passed, and you will have all the time in the world to post on Pond Boss Forum.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: WaterWizard
Wow JHAP! Just when I thought your eccentric rants were a result of 8 months of boredom between tax seasons, you go and totally top yourself. I give you props (current street slang... but don't try it at home or your kids will laugh at you) for providing of all things, a Dread Zepplin reference. I haven't heard those guys since high school! Now go get some sleep.

Eccentric rants? Did he just say eccentric rants? I think sir that perhaps you mean well thought out essays on topics of utmost timeliness and importance of point.

As for your second observation, I am quite a fan of Dread Zeppelin. They are a common fixture in a local beach bar (the famous Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach) and I have attended several of their performances. They are a great show band.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

W
Lunker
Lunker
W
Indeed, I spent the afternoon listening to and watching all their videos on youtube. I almost got fired

Richard Dennis
EP Aeration
rich@epaeration.com
www.epaeration.com
(800) 556-9251

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
What did you do at your pond today?
by SetterGuy - 05/10/24 08:51 PM
Very sandy soil
by Dave Davidson1 - 05/10/24 08:08 PM
Aquamax Largemouth for Yellow Perch
by Theo Gallus - 05/10/24 06:21 PM
Happy Birthday Gehajake!
by SetterGuy - 05/10/24 02:18 PM
Low pH, low Alkalinity in Fresh ponds/Lakes
by Stressless - 05/10/24 01:08 PM
Tilapia with Winterkill
by FishinRod - 05/10/24 12:53 PM
Pond PH, lime, and fertilizer questions??
by Boondoggle - 05/10/24 12:07 PM
2.5 Acre Pond Gone! work/restroation thread
by Stressless - 05/10/24 09:17 AM
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by esshup - 05/10/24 08:30 AM
Iris vs Pickerel
by andrew davis - 05/10/24 01:56 AM
My First
by esshup - 05/09/24 03:55 PM
How much feed?
by esshup - 05/09/24 03:51 PM
Newly Uploaded Images