Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,984
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,535
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
6 members (Boondoggle, Bill Cody, Bigtrh24, FireIsHot, Dave Davidson1, jmartin), 1,233 guests, and 362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#323826 02/28/13 09:01 PM
lassig Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Went out to get the package that UPS dropped off and found this in the yard.

I guess I should of left the driveway not plowed and the driver wouldn't of tried to get in. Actually she got stuck trying to back out of the driveway. She couldn't turn around and slide off of the driveway while trying to back out.

Got a tow truck and had her out in short time. Looks like I will be picking my packages up by the mail box until the driveway thaws out.

boy i hate it when people come down our driveway in the winter. everybody knows that it's steep and you can't get out. it requires 4wheel drive and studed tires to get out yet we push out at least 8-9 people every season they just don't learn. but i gues the poor ups driver had no clue that would happen + those people are on a tight schedule so you realy can't blame her. If i wasn't a nice guy our drive way would be full until spring. wink

Sarcasm...yet another free service I offer.
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Ha!

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Least they missed the trees.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Classic - Thanks for sharing this, made me chuckle!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

M
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
M
Let the trash talking between the UPS and FEDx drivers begin...

FEDx: You call those driving skills.

UPS: Oh ya, your mama got...(self edited grin )

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
See the grill on that truck? I made the prototype and drilled all those holes by hand so the big wigs at UPS could see it and approve of it when they viewed the prototype truck for the first time. The programmer in the metal fab shop was too lazy to get it programmed in time.....

Yeah, they do get rear end light when empty. If it's the truck that has sliding doors on the back (like patio doors) ask her how much trouble she's had with them. I hated the design and they were nothing but trouble for us in the Proto shop, and when we put it on the durability track.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
lassig Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Jwwann
Least they missed the trees.
That was exactly my thinking. She was pretty rattled by the whole experience. Before getting the tow truck I tried a couple of neighbors to use there tractor to pull her out. Amazing that no one was home. My little 34HP wasn't going to do much to help the situation.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I wouldn't call that a new lawn ornament more like a new mobile home.. Movin on up!!

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Originally Posted By: esshup

See the grill on that truck? I made the prototype and drilled all those holes by hand so the big wigs at UPS could see it and approve of it when they viewed the prototype truck for the first time.

That's cool...they must really have those trucks down to a science.

To Hell with Georgia...
M
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
M
Great story Essup! I love those design stories of how something came to be, especially something you would ever think twice about. Like the grill of a UPS truck!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Another one.

Got a complaint of the license plates falling off of the truck bodies that we produced. We couldn't figure out why. The company also made trucks for Budget, Ryder, etc., etc.

Turns out that the drivers were backing them INTO the snowbank to park, and bending the licence plate holder all to heck. Next day, or 2 or 3, the holder finally had enough and said "I QUIT".

The way that was figured out was when all the snow melted in their parking lots, there were a LOT of license plates in the snow piles.

Ended up making a flexible part of the license plate holder, out of a synthetic rubber with a fabric interwoven in the material. Tested different durometers of the material, and decided on one after it passed a million bending cycles without a failure. Every once in a while I'll see one on a truck.

There's lots and LOTS of things that have been improved or changed.

Give me a day to a day or two and I can have the body completely dissasembled and off of the truck - all that's left is a steering wheel, steering wheel island, engine, tires/axles, fuel tank and the chassis. Bolt on a seat and it's still driveable, but there's no body, floor or hood on it.

EVERY design change or new design that was produced had to go thru the shop first. Once it was built, we had to test it to make sure that it would live on the road.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
lassig Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Maybe 4 wheel drive should be an option on them.

Access to my driveway is down a deadend gravel road about 1000' feet. It is snow covered. Fedex was suppose to deliver yesterday but I got an email that due to local weather conditions the delivery was not attempted. I wondering it they are waiting for the road to be in better shape since there was no bad weather yesterday? Time will time if they don't deliver until the snow melts off the road. Guess I still need to get used to living in a rural area.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
I don't wish to provide ammunition for either side of a courier service war, but I have far better luck with UPS than I do with FedEx, where inclement weather/road conditions are concerned. Some of my parts suppliers switched to FE and my shop suffered for it....I called the suppliers and had them switch me back to UPS. It cost an extra $1.00 on every delivery....well worth it to me.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
sprkplug, I have the same experience at my house that you do.

UPS even knows to put packages on the back porch, while FedEx leaves them out in the rain......

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
And here's two for Highflyer........ grin

HF, wasn't the first one at home base?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

F
F

........And Fed Ex told me that my package was not turned upside down. shocked cry

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I'm not even going to get started on the oligopoly of Fed Ex and UPS... Biting tongue.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

The top one was at MEM. The bottom was overseas, rest in peace my friends.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Interesting as I have had much better service with FedEx than UPS. UPS has been ok but FedEx does an outstanding job here.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
I ship my fish using FedEx exclusively. UPS Destroyed 1 in 10 shipments and often delivered crushed boxes leaking bloody water, but paid the insurance claims....FedEx, in over 500 shipments, has killed ONE order. I especially like their on time guarantee too!!

lassig Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Nice to see FedEx works somewhere. Cannot tell you the number of times FedEx was to lazy to come to my place and would enter some bs exception code. The two most favorite excuses are address cannot be found and local weather conditions. Realize I have a rural route address so GPS is useless on the address but I have on file with UPS driving directions, FedEx say they have no way to do this. I have to watch FedEx like a hawk to make sure I get my package, with UPS I know it will be here. Just another example from a neighbor, he has had local people bring him a package the the FedEx driver gave them in town and last summer had a boat motor part drop on a neighbor's porch 2 miles away and lucky they found it a couple of weeks later and gave it to him.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Maybe it depends on where you're located? UPS delivers here everyday...period. FedEx will deliver if they can....but they are very fond of using what they call a "Delivery Exception"...which seems to be caused by just about anything from being too busy, or inclement weather, or....I honestly think they will wait until they have additional parcels coming out here before they ship to me. I have experienced delivery exceptions two days in a row.

When you're counting on parts, that won't work. UPS is next day for me, everyday.

and I see Lassig has the same trouble.

Last edited by sprkplug; 03/04/13 07:09 AM. Reason: saw lassig's post

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
FedEx has at the minimum two different services. The FedEx that we know and FedEx home delivery. Purple and Orange is the one that we know, Green is home delivery.

All time senstivie packages (next day) and possibly 2nd day go the regular FedEx. All others (I believe) go "home delivery". The regular FedEx is as reliable as UPS for me, it's the "home delivery" that is terrible.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

lassig Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
My pine ceiling came last summer via FedEx freight and they where great to work with. Even helped me unload 1100 sq ft of pine carsiding by hand.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:24 PM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:12 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:04 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by esshup - 04/26/24 05:33 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by sprkplug - 04/26/24 11:43 AM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away