Below are links to some good ideas for pond management tools. Ideas were from PBoss members.

1. Catmandoo - Several years ago I posted a note about using an inexpensive tack hook for getting things out of ponds. In just the last couple of days I've had to use it three times. Once for a chair that blew off the dock in a storm, once for retrieving a spinning rod that blew off the dock, and last night when I threw out a trot line that I moved and forgot to tie to the shoreline. I use this thing many times a year, and it has a semipermanent home on the dock. I've even used it to remove worn out trees used for structure in the pond.

They are generally less than $5 wherever horse supplies are sold.

Tack Hook

2. Phosphorus reduction method. Phosphorus is the main nutrient that one can feasably reduce to minimize growth of planktonic algae (green water) including bluegreen algae - Cyaobacteria that creates surface films. Phosphorus reduction in a pond may not result in a decrease of lots of FA (filamentous or string algae). Members will should provide testimony on this method for affects of FA control. Phosphorus reduction should not reduce submerged rooted plant growth because those plants have roots and obtain a large percentage of their phosphorus from the sedimnets.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=305974#Post305974

Last edited by Bill Cody; 09/08/12 04:12 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management