Question from a novice pond owner in Ohio. 1/3 acre pond first summer at full pool. Stocked w/ SMB, YP, RES, FH.
No aeration. 18"+ visibility. Added blue dye a month ago as FA was starting to grow. Water looks very healthy, no odor, etc. I've been swimming it in weekly all summer.

I have norther green frogs and a couple bullfrogs that took up residents and spawned this spring. Pond was full of tadpoles. Over the last three weeks I'm noticing daily tadpole deaths. My fish seem to be doing fine other than two floater YP found two weeks apart. These were stocked in April, so...? I'm not that concerned about the YP floaters.

I fished for the first time and caught two SMB in less than 30 minutes, that had very healthy appearances and considerable growth rates from their size at stocking in April. FH are reproducing like rabbits as FH fry is all over the pond.

So my question, any guesses on why the die off of tadpoles? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy not every tadpole that was in the pond is going to mature... as I'd be overrun with frogs. So is this just a natural occurrence or do I need to look deeper?