My BOW fell about two vertical feet during the summer drought. Ordinarily this wouldn't be so bad, as I still had depths down to 19 feet, but...

But I noticed that my heavily wooded back bays, where tiny creeks run into the lake, were deserted during that time. These are relatively shallow areas, maybe 5 feet deep at full pool. When they got down to 2 to 3 feet, LMB seemed to abandon the area. Too hot, too low O2 levels, not sure all the reasons why. Also very tough to maneuver a boat or cast without getting hung up!

This got me to thinking about low cost ways to raise the water level. After all, just five more inches would be an extra 1 million gallons of water to carry me thru summer!

That said, I have a standpipe system on the back of the dam. It is currently running over the top, wasting all that good water I will need next summer.

So here's my question: Would it make sense to have someone weld another four or five inches of 9 3/8 inch metal pipe on to the top of the system? The dam wouldn't need refurbishing, though it is possible I might get more use for the emergency spillway (it has only flowed once). Four or five inches doesn't sound like much, but certainly would help in the shallow back bays.

Thoughts? Anybody ever do this?

PS Fishing showed the LMB came into the wooded back bays when full pool was achieved a few weeks ago.

Last edited by anthropic; 11/26/18 01:40 AM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160