Came up yesterday to check on things. Was at the pond late yesterday when the feeder went off. I noticed very low feeding activity, so I dialed back the number of seconds the feeder would run. I went back down this morning and watched it go off. Absolutely zero fish coming to feed? I’ve got the battery disconnected for now. Lots of things doing on here. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation.
#1 it’s cool (56 degrees) east wind, and sprinkling. It was sprinkling last night also. I’ve been told YP don’t feed if it is raining, but zero activity?
#2 I killed out all the FA last week. I put copper sulfate crystals in a burlap bag and rowed it around the edge of the pond. I put out about 12 lbs in a 1 ac pond. Mostly within 20’ of the bank.
#3 I was out of Optima when I came up last week. I feed a mix of blue gill and bass formulas. I didn’t think I had any left, but found one bag in my storage bin. It was the blue gill formula. Manufactured in May of 2018. It had spent most of last summer and all winter in the locker. It is totally dry, and smells normal. That’s all that’s coming out now. I’ve got new bags of BG and LMB Optima feeds on hand now.

FYI, the fish were feeding very aggressively a few weeks ago. Larger fish than I’ve ever noticed before, plus the usual suspects. Lots of smaller fry pushing pellets around also.
I don’t think I’ve had any other fishermen in, or otters.

Suggestions? More info needed? I forgot my thermometer this morning, so I don’t have water temp, but I can get it easily enough. Water is cold though. Very clear right now, and NO FA, it’s gone. I did see some fish come out of the weeds near the bank as I walked along. Just weird, could be weather related, but it’s the first time I’ve put out feed without the water boiling. (In 4 years).
Thx
Jeff

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023