I don’t normally ask for this kind of help, especially from strangers, but I/ we need help and hopefully a large mass of people with the same thought in mind will do the trick. My cousin’s son Matt who is 14 is having a very risky brain surgery on Thursday, This will be his second surgery and it is very risky but it is his only hope. They were able shrink the tumor and remove 60% of it but it came back with a vengeance very quickly and has left him unable to walk, with limited eye sight in his right eye and limited speech. This is it! If he doesn’t have the surgery he has very little time and he very well could be paralyzed or die from the surgery, it’s a 2 day procedure and this has been a very difficult time for the family in making the decisions to have the surgery And now they are asking for friends and family to please put Matt in their prayers or have a special thought about Matt depending on your beliefs. Personally I don’t know how they are getting by as both parents have been let go by their employers for having to be gone from work while traveling to so many hospital and getting test and treatments from Chicago to Arkansas and have lost their insurance for him and I don’t think they really care what they have to do as long as they do everything possible for Matt, these are proud people and have asked for nothing but thoughts and prayers for their son! I had hoped for him to get a chance to fish in my pond but this tumor grew back so fast that he didn't get a chance yet.
Matt is into baseball and loves his KC Royals as well as cars like any other 14 yr old would, people have started sending him postcards from all over the place for him to read to occupy his thoughts and time with words of encouragement or just a cool postcard so if you are inclined could you send him a simple postcard? Matt has been a very brave and courageous kid through all this process with a very positive attitude but confided in his uncle that he didn’t think he was going to make it and this just tears me up because he has been so strong all along this journey. The way I understand it is he will be getting test up until his operation on Thursday and would love to have postcards or whatever he can get to read or look at before and after recovery.
I guess he is able to take them at the hospital and if this is not right I will update as soon as I find out for sure.

Thank you for reading this, I really appreciate it

Matt and his family will be staying at a hotel, They dont have a hospital room number yet, his surgery is on Thursday but his family will be staying at hotel

Markham house suite room number 107/108 Bob and Shari Hernan
5120 W, Markham st.
Little Rock AR. 722205-3646
C/O Matt Hernan

Last edited by trialsguy; 07/27/09 12:25 PM.

A little snow, Please!