Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,975
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
5 members (jmartin, catscratch, Kanon M, highflyer, Theo Gallus), 1,245 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
The PB forum has been of immense assistance to thousands. I can't even begin to express my appreciation for all the help I've received, and the friends that Lynda and I have met because of it. The contacts and friendships have extended well beyond fish and ponds.

The conferences, and especially the face-to-face conversations, have been invaluable. Again, I can't even begin to express our appreciation for all the help we've received, and the friends that Lynda and I have met because of it.

In the past couple of months, Lynda and I have spent a fair amount of time with Pond Boss members, in person and on the telephone. The results go way beyond the forum and the conferences.

Just today, when ESSHUP was here with his wonderful little puppy, he casually looked at the edge of my pond and said "do you know what that is?" I replied, "Isn't it purple loostrife?" He answered "yes," and said "you really need to get rid of it." I didn't know how serious it was until I Googled it several hours later. Tomorrow, a major eradication program starts.

But, it isn't just advice that counts. It is something far more. Thanks to Bob Lusk and his vision for choosing good people to help with all of this, we have a group of very unique individuals without egos or agendas. There are very few groups where jerks have great difficulty disrupting the happiness of an organization aimed at helping so many.

I am fortunate to work in a similar environment. Few of us have been at our current jobs for more than ten years, but most of us have worked together for 25 to 40 years. One of my good friends of over 30 years regularly reminds me that "if you think somebody fits under the bell curve, you just don't know them well enough."

Where I work, and here at Pond Boss, we may have a narrow and steep curve. But, it sure makes for a crazy, but cohesive group, that can help thousands of others.

Just a thought.

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Thanks to Bob Lusk and his vision for choosing good people to help with all of this, we have a group of very unique individuals without egos or agendas.

You couldn't be more wrong. I have both an ego and an agenda. laugh

Actually I couldn't agree with you more Ken. The support and camaraderie of this forum is truly unbelievable. I have belonged to a number of forums and have never experienced a more friendly atmosphere than this site.

PS: I am constantly amazed by the knowledge of Esshup. Who knew he knew so much to know about pond knowledge. Knot I, that is for sure.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

PS: I am constantly amazed by the knowledge of Esshup. Who knew he knew so much to know about pond knowledge. Knot I, that is for sure.

Thanks JHAP and Ken. It's from not sleeping and doing a LOT of reading. grin

Actually, I've been involved with wildlife, cars and fixing all sort of things pretty much my whole life, even as a little kid. You can accomplish a lot when you only sleep 6 or less hours a day!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Well said Ken. I've had the pleasure of meeting Scott as well and his knowledge is only equaled by his generosity. Had a question this weekend and lost his number when we met in May. Shot him an email and he called a short time later. Speaking of which, Scott, where's that email reply at? grin

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Well said guys.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Omaha
Well said Ken. I've had the pleasure of meeting Scott as well and his knowledge is only equaled by his generosity. Had a question this weekend and lost his number when we met in May. Shot him an email and he called a short time later. Speaking of which, Scott, where's that email reply at? grin

New puppy distractions. It's there, honest!
(just sent it a minute ago) grin

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: Omaha

New puppy distractions. It's there, honest!
(just sent it a minute ago) grin

Got it!

Bout time. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by sprkplug - 04/26/24 11:43 AM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away
by gehajake - 04/26/24 11:39 AM
What did you do at your pond today?