Well due to trying to get a handle on my taxidermy business backlog and other projects, I haven't got my RAS set up yet but will very soon. Problem is, it will take a little time to get the nitrobacters and nitrosomonas bacteria going full swing (even though I will seed the filter with water from another functioning biofilter). By that time the indoor tank is ready for more than few fish, the water will be quite cold outside.

Anybody have any thoughts on whether I may have some fungus or other problems if I bring them in from 30's to 40's water? No seining will be involved, and I will simply dip the fish out of a floating cage. Of course I will gradually warm up the water so they will acclimate and of course use salt, but I have heard horror stories on handling bluegills in cold water.

BTW I am truly amazed at the bluegill offspring from Bruce's broodfish. After several days in the cage they are feeding and there are not only no signs of any physical problems but there are NO mortalities. This is amazing after being handled twice! Maybe the salt had a lot to do with it?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.