Hello! I am brand new here, and I posted this in the "Newbie" section as well. I NEED HELP!!! Or at least a "second" and maybe "third" opinion!

We are in the process of building a bubbling rock fountain; I guess it's also known as a disappearing waterfall? Anyway, I've wanted one for about two years, and we finally put in the electricy last fall and have now dug the hole, lined it with sand, added the liner, put in more sand, installed the pump (in its "vault"), and filled the hole with #57 gravel. Whew!!

I just came from the gardening center where we plan to purchase our rock, our 800-pound "bundle of joy" LOL! But they told me I should have used #2 gravel, that #57 gravel packs too tightly and I would lose water volume (and possibly other problems) with #57 gravel. Well, okay -- but I already have a 5' x 10' x 18" hole now filled with #57 gravel.

So my question is this: Given the size hole we have, and given that we've already filled it with gravel ... will this be okay or should we shovel the #57 gravel out and fill it with #2 gravel instead? If we NEED to change the gravel, we obviously want to do it NOW before having the rock installed.

Naturally, I'm hoping to hear that #57 gravel will work just fine ... but we don't want to have problems later down the road. I would really appreciate your expert thoughts and comments!! Thanks!!!!