Recently treated my roughly acre pond with alum and hydrated lime. Don’t have the exact numbers in front of me at the moment but I did the jar test and after several test and calculating what I needed based on this forum and reading some white papers I added about 1800lbs of alum and 650lbs of hydrated lime.

Mixed the alum into a slurry and spread via a 80ft pvc boom and some make shift floating pilots while also running a boat around in circles worh prop wash. Only thing I wish I would have done different is when applying the lime I just scooped it out dry and threw it in the prop wash while motoring around the pond

Pond turned blueish and very clear within a few hours ...way way better than I’d ever seen it. Ran my first oh test about 12 hours latter and it was crashing around 5.5. Added 100 lbs more of lime. Tested 12 hours later and it was creeping up to 6.5. Within 48 hours it’s holding around 6.5.-7. We have had rain rain the past 3-4 days. It’s now about 5 days after application. After the first 24 hrs and my last application of lime the pond is now greenish in color. Not hugely concerned with color as much as I am the fact that clarity is now less than half of what it was after first 12-20 hours.

I had some fish die off due to crash. I’d estimate 30-40 small 1-2 inch baby fish then a dozen or sold full size fish. From what I’ve read that didn’t alarm me really

Any thoughts or Input on why went back cloudy? It seems to be getting slowly better. Doe it just take more time or ? Should I be worried or no?