Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Army Colonel, Jkschwab1, ted_1209, Chris Williams, BA204
15177 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15178 Members
36 Forums
35034 Topics
479040 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24014
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19118
Dave Davidson1 13203
Theo Gallus 12345
Who's Online
3 registered (drussell89, dreams of ponds, airborne3118), 68 Guests and 123 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Soil questions
Jump to new posts Re: New pond sealing by CraigJL @ 02/19/18 02:22 PM

So, it's been a while. Curious how the fix turned out? I live in SE Michigan and have the same soil. I bought my house in 2012 with the.6 acre pond with the same problem. It's beautiful in the spring but as ground water drops so does my pond. Pre
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Fish supplier for balkan by matija @ 02/19/18 12:17 PM

Is there anybody from who ican get fish on balkan or better in montenegro
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: New Book Release by horntagger @ 02/19/18 11:29 AM

Thanks man, had a few link on here but they are not allowed I guess so they deleted them, other wise I would share that with you.
Questions & Observations
Air lift technology can move lots of water economically the technology has been around a long time. Back in the 1980's, Elmer Hedlund in WI used it with a home made diffuser in a large diameter pipe to move water in a small stream connected to his po
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: 100% Green Sunfish by ewest @ 02/19/18 11:27 AM

I was not trying to distinguish between any of the possible terms used. Anyone reading or researching on sunfish crosses does need to understand some basics like the difference between , fertile , viable , normal , abnormal and the different stages t
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Draw down before Spring: by KRM1985 @ 02/19/18 11:06 AM

My questions is if I drain the pond down roughly 1 or 2' would this cause any problems. My plan is to lower the water level so that it would allow me to work on the controlling the erosion that is starting to occur on the spillway. My concern is ha
Soil questions
Jump to new posts Re: Applying Bentonite by Archer82 @ 02/19/18 07:27 AM

I don't think you would hurt anything by adding additional clay on top of the bentonite. I just finished up patching a rocky area in my pond that I believed was leaking. What I did was remove dirt over the rock, applied bentonite in power form and co
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Cattle guard by Zep @ 02/18/18 09:25 PM

i can't vouch for them...but you may call these guys to discuss since they appear to be in your area: https://waco.craigslist.org/grd/d/cattle-guard/6486227852.html https://killeen.craigslist.org/sks/d/mobile-welding-services/6496034461.html ps: i
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Percentage of unwanted species by RBE @ 02/18/18 08:34 PM

Thank you for you reply and depth of knowledge.
Jump to new posts Re: What to do now? by scott69 @ 02/18/18 04:39 PM

I agree with Mr. Cody about having a trophy panfish pond. I think you will be very limited on bass quality. And i never liked the idea of hbg due to the gsf offspring. It was almost impossible for me to get 5 inch bg after the otters got in my old p
New Forum Member Introduction
One acre of deep water is MUCH easier and cheaper to manage than 2.5 ac of shallow water. Do your homework well before pulling the trigger on the bulldozer. Too much shallow water will be a manager's headache especially in later years as the pond age
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Blue Catfish supplier for Indiana by RAH @ 02/18/18 02:04 PM

They are predicting over 4" of rain between tomorrow and Saturday. That should add some water to the new pond and flush the old ones! Should clean up the metal on the new barn too. Wish I could have gotten the landscape fabric and rocks aroun
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday to jeffhasapond! by Theo Gallus @ 02/18/18 09:31 AM

Happy Birthday JHAP! It is truly a shame you departed due to the great GSA versus GSFA acronym schism.
Pond Boss
After seeing the video, I could see where cormorants might be a good thing. First time I ever saw a good reason for keeping them around. The problem is I don't have any whales in my pond, so they need to keep their arse in the big waters and out of
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: sick fish ??? by CRF450 @ 02/16/18 10:51 PM

Thank you for the information Don. Jason
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Cisco's a birthday boy by Bill Cody @ 02/16/18 10:01 PM

Hey Cisco! Have one of them really good birthdays.
Jump to new posts Re: Freeze out and start over by canyoncreek @ 02/16/18 04:42 PM

Have you thought about what options you have for aeration? It provides lots of other benefits and is good insurance for the brutal winter years. otherwise, I would say try to understand what made the water quality different this year since you sa
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: When do you stop Feeding by Flame @ 02/16/18 10:35 AM

My surface temps have been in the low 60s for 3 days in a row now. cnbg feeding like it was 75 degrees!! I am already debating when to turn my aeriation back on but I'm sure Mother Nature probably still has a few surprises up her sleeve. All chance o
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Organic Material Removal by N.TexasHalfAcre @ 02/16/18 10:00 AM

I will try to get some pictures or catch a few this weekend. When I say “fry” these are a little bigger than freshly hatched. I am thinking they may be BG fry that hatched this Fall or something. Either way there is a ton of them about an inch long.
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Kelly Duffie BDay by highflyer @ 02/15/18 11:14 PM

Kelly, Hope it was a great one, Happy Birthday. Thanks for all the help.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: The dynamics of pond ice by liquidsquid @ 02/15/18 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: RAHYou are either brave or crazy! My wife thinks I'm crazy, my friends think I'm nuts. Me, I'm just a lawn mower, you can tell me by the way I walk. Ok, off in la-la land tonight. Seems like two nights ago was the last chanc
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration installs, condensation and failure by wbuffetjr @ 02/15/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: RAHWill probably add a down-facing valve on the downside of the larger pipe (in a pit) as well to drain off condensate if needed. RAH I think that is a great idea. I know the initial concern for most is the line freezing up
Hall of Fame
Jump to new posts Re: Hall of Fame 2018 by Pond Boss @ 02/15/18 02:22 PM

aloha!! Thank you very much for your rapid support of the Pond Boss Forum!!!
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Need help stocking 3 year old pond by Bill Cody @ 02/15/18 11:19 AM

Use a reputable well established source,,, one that can be easily contacted if you have fish troubles. It is worthwhile to drive several hours to get high quality fish. Start with this place plus there are other good places in WI. http://www.gollon
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Today's Birthdays
edwin strickland, mikesavage, Mobley HVAC
Recent Posts
new home purchase with two ponds advice needed
by drussell89
26 minutes 31 seconds ago
Grandmother's old pond.
by chunting
Today at 02:20 AM
Quick question for myself and other who may wonder
by Pat Williamson
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo.
by Bobbss
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Facebook Live Wednesday evening
by canyoncreek
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Growing leafy vegetables on a pond on a foam raft
by snrub
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Restoring a bluegill pond
by snrub
Yesterday at 08:27 PM
2 pumps 1 manifold?