Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
KMP, JEB, cmwmorel, 3X8, txbluefish
15541 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15542 Members
36 Forums
35801 Topics
487382 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24028
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19407
Dave Davidson1 13486
Bill Cody 12412
Who's Online
10 registered (Theo Gallus, bcraley, snrub, Wooman, KingRace78, Clay N' Pray, wbuffetjr, Custom 68, KMP, LeighAnn), 206 Guests and 472 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: Pond Boss Forum get together in SE Kansas by snrub @ 51 minutes 32 seconds ago

Motorcycle ride sounds great. We have been promising to take a motorcycle ride down to see John Fitzgerald and his pond in mid Arkansas down the Pig Trail but between my wife getting her knee replaced, me working a lot more than I have been used to,
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Effect of Feeding on Fishing ? by DannyMac @ Today at 09:46 AM

I've seen no evidence that feeding makes my fish less likely to bite. The catfish can't deny that a piece of wiener is far preferable to food. The bluegills (I've caught only two) bit on a little jig and a tiny piece of plastic worm. The LMBs, abo
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Siphon Spillway Information by Mike Shaw @ Today at 09:23 AM

I am new to this site. I in the process of building a pond. I am looking for input on a siphon spillway, with an overflow secondary spillway. I have done some research, but need a few questions answered. Pond with be approx. 1/2 acre in size, average
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Building a garage-apartment with a pond view by Brettski @ Today at 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: ewest Would have never seen the noodle but a good idea. - - - The roof is gambrel trusses sheathed with 5/8" CDX plywood + synthetic roofing underlayment + standing seam metal roof. For the record, I learned the ad
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Brown floating guck new pond by Quarter Acre @ Today at 08:47 AM

Jeb, Welcome to the club, you've come to the right place for help! I not an expert on pond "stuff", but I can give you my suspicions and you can do some reading on the subject while your waiting on a amore confident response. I would thin
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Ideal Pond gun? by Clay N' Pray @ Today at 08:24 AM

Verdict is in, Its a keeper. Shoots where I point it. Plenty of horsepower for normal pond business and quiet enough to keep things private.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Fish identification by Pat Williamson @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: JKS3613My brother caught this today at False River, LA. First one he's ever caught there. Must be due the the limestone boulders he added to his seawall this past winter. I call this a Goggle Eye or Warmouth, however, it very we
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Paddlefish by MOFishermen @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

My experience with Paddlefish is based upon a stocking program in 2002 that stocked paddlefish on a “ranching contract basis”. We are part of a large resort development with over 100 lakes and ponds. This program stocked over 3500 paddlefish in vari
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: How many fingerlings can a single bass eat?! by Stevie Ray Pond @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

I skipped yesterday evening and this mornings feeding. Showed up to feed and my hybrids really showed up, hungry and waiting for feed. I guess they are really getting in tune with my footsteps. When I walked up to the edge they were in a pile waiti
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Minnow trap is ineffective on GSF... by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Anal fin shape is different on the two fish because the fish in the upper picture has its anal fin pushed against the wooden stump that distorted the fin shape. I am confident if the anal fin was allowed to naturally fully extend the shape would be e
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: Indiana crawfish by Centrarchid @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

I catch such crayfishes at night. Fresh turrets are knocked over. A little bit later I walk about looking for crayfish approaching tops of burrows. You must be quite or they will retreat back down which can be multiple feet to the water table. Whe
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Facebook Live 8.15.18- Amenities around your pond by LeighAnn @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Facebook Live this week will be all about the amenities around your pond. Docks, floating islands, waterfalls, beautiful plants. If you can think it, I'm sure we can help you figure it out. Have questions? Comment to this thread or send an email t
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Setterguy by Quarter Acre @ Yesterday at 04:30 PM

HBD!
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Installing new system - where to place? by Quarter Acre @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

Having electric at my pond is nice even though it has not been used for anything but the air pump to date. I have a drop light in the pump house and an extra outlet for anything that comes up. Running the air line from the shop would not have been
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: New member from central Indiana by Bob-O @ Yesterday at 12:18 PM

Another welcome from a fellow Hoosier. Very nice post, explains everything with clear description. Good job on the pics and explainations. A compliment from Cody on your first post is a real feather in your cap. Took me more than several yrs and the
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: Alum Kicks Clay Butt! by 3X8 @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

With a one year old Black Lab that makes several trips a day in our small (clay soil) pond is there any chance Alum will help our pond stay clearer? I guess what I'm asking is, does Alum have a lasting affect or does it work once and when the water g
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Pond weeds by john kelsey @ Yesterday at 07:38 AM

Thanks.
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Mutt Pond YP report 2018 by SetterGuy @ 08/12/18 05:41 PM

Nice pic. I’ve turned into a big YP fan in the last few years. I’ve caught a few smaller ones lately, but not many.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: crazy idea with alum by DonoBBD @ 08/12/18 10:01 AM

Well I do just that but with calcium carbonate. We can get rock lime in big chunks and I let all the inflow water wash over these as it enters our pond over the waterfall. The thoughts is to help change the phosphates in the run off to calcium phos
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: 8 acre pond at 10,000' - lots of aeration ?s by wbuffetjr @ 08/11/18 02:04 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the advice, guidance, interest and support over the years. Couldn't have done any of it without this forum! Very exciting times for us for sure. As far as the Eurasian Milfoil.... We do get quite a few ducks in the Sum
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Bill D by Bob-O @ 08/11/18 09:39 AM

And accurate!!! Thank you Pat.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: I've got the Blues.... by snrub @ 08/11/18 09:27 AM

Originally Posted By: NEDOCThey usually come up and grab it fairly aggressively, but with my water clarity improving they seem a bit skittish. Or they just think I'm ugly now that they can see me. They are camera shy.
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: Lots of dead FHM by Dave Davidson1 @ 08/11/18 07:00 AM

I recall an article about the Government stocking fhm’s below a dam to check water quality when they weren’t releasing water. They are mostly bullet proof re water quality
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Fisheries by Dave Davidson1 @ 08/11/18 06:35 AM

South Dakota State university has a world class fisheries and wildlife program. You might try contacting them to ask the question
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Wild, rained an inch, pond went clear by Mike Whatley @ 08/10/18 06:33 PM

Back during early summer we went almost two months without a drop of rain. My visibility stayed at 18-24" throughout this period as the pond dropped 18 inches. When the rains finally came the pond filled up overnight, and may have flushed a litt
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Today's Birthdays
floatinflowers, Robbie Roberson, Tony Beltrani
Recent Posts
Pond Boss Forum get together in SE Kansas
by snrub
33 minutes 42 seconds ago
Effect of Feeding on Fishing ?
by DannyMac
Today at 09:46 AM
Siphon Spillway Information
by Mike Shaw
Today at 09:23 AM
Building a garage-apartment with a pond view
by Brettski
Today at 09:13 AM
Brown floating guck new pond
by Quarter Acre
Today at 08:47 AM
Ideal Pond gun?
by Clay N' Pray
Today at 08:24 AM
Fish identification
by Pat Williamson
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Paddlefish
by MOFishermen
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
How many fingerlings can a single bass eat?!
by Stevie Ray Pond
Yesterday at 08:41 PM
Minnow trap is ineffective on GSF...
by Bill Cody
Yesterday at 08:32 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
CNBG
My Best Longear so far
Help ID this fish
Crayfish monster.
Turkey Pics
Question on pond draining