Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
SMcGuire, Cadman456, rovenorth, redbuckeye84, DLPnIL
15998 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15998 Members
36 Forums
36714 Topics
499869 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24033
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19833
Dave Davidson1 13864
Bill Cody 12803
Who's Online
1 registered (blackhawk), 53 Guests and 611 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: Types of crayfish by Snipe @ Today at 12:41 AM

Appreciate you guys sharing this.. It confirms the papershells I bought are not papershells, they are in fact Northern Crayfish. I'll have to share this with the farm I bought them from, he swears they are papershells.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: LMB fillets recipe by DarrellSimpson @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

If you filet them be sure and remove the blood stripe with a v shaped cut . With the blood stripe removed the muddy flavor will be gone.
Fly Fishing & Other Fish Species
Jump to new posts Re: My early Father's Day present by Snipe @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

Very nice Mike! I'm a newbie to fly fishing myself, early this spring I bought a 3, 4 and 5wt setup just to see what I may like best.. Definitely an art to fly fishing I'm a LONG ways from being proficient at. Enjoy the new rod!
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Vortex Air Blower 2000L/min - Pressure: 18KPa? by blackhawk @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Hello everyone, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Industrial-Aqua...n-/183226756529 Got a shallow pond which is approx 6 foot at the deepest point where a lot of it is sitting around 3 feet during summer. Due to the pond being so shallow I am looking at ma
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: YP and BC only pond by Heppy @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Interesting thought! I wonder if HSB added to the mix wouldnít control yoy of both species in appropriate numbers???? Heppy
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: To aerate or not that is the question by Heppy @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

Joey Quarry, We are working in dirt here, more specifically clay. The flow is diverted around the dam until the construction drain is covered by the core and dam. I may have overestimated the amount of water flowing into the area because I donít thin
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Update 2019 by Bill D. @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill D.Originally Posted By: Bill CodyTry a lesser concentration of CS. I think 1 pound in 5 gallons will give about the same results. Try it and report back. Thanks for the feedback Bill! Just to be sure, so are you thinki
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on a new 3 acre pond stocking by Heppy @ Yesterday at 07:24 PM

All, I stand corrected. There are spring lizards not tiger salamanders that occupy the aforementioned property. They arenít a threat to FHM populations. So option 1 or 2 if it were your new 3 acre pond? Thanks for suggestions!😀 Heppy
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: Pond drain design by Heppy @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

So Iíve been thinking....would the heavy duty agridrain trash guard or a cattle/goat panel about 6-8 foot long 3-4 feet width/height rectangular cube be my best option for the draw down trash rack to avoid issues associated with accumulating debris.
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from virginia by Heppy @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

Hbound201, How big is the pond with 100 acres of agricultural runoff? When was the pond built? Are grass carp or tilapia available in Georgia? Can you divert the runoff around the pond? Like I said Iím no expert but Iíve been reading enough of the P
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Artesian pond dropping by RAH @ Yesterday at 04:46 PM

Typo now fixed (2 inches +2 inches). No dam, just a narrow core trench made on the lower side.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts New to aeration. Need input . Opinions by DarrellSimpson @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

Hi . I joined the forum to learn from others experience. I have 25 yrs of reef tank experience but not much freshwater and certainly no large pond / small lake experience. I feel the need to try and improve the water on my slice of Boles lake, Nort
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: BG growth timetable by gehajake @ Yesterday at 10:06 AM

I had some perch in a cage for catfish river bait purposes, and had a big problem with small to medium sized snakes sliding in and gorging themselves on fish to the point of not being able to get back out through the mesh.
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Turtles dead by RAH @ Yesterday at 09:56 AM

Disease? Maybe call DNR?
Soil questions
Jump to new posts Re: SoilFloc Polymer Sealant by lbrooks @ Yesterday at 08:56 AM

Please contact me, I to have a leak problem.
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by TGW1 @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

I had some guest out to the pond, a friend who was a pro football player yrs back. He brought his son along with his two granddaughters who looked to be 3 going on 4 and a 6yr old. I set them up for cnbg fishing off the pier and the older one took
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: YP Dying - Help Troubleshooting Cause by TGW1 @ Yesterday at 07:40 AM

Since I am from the south, I have no experience growing yp so I can only pass along what I have seen at my place when feeding fish. A couple yrs back I bought a bag of Cargills that's was a different size from my normal Cargills feed. Added it to m
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: Minnow Cage I made by Mike Whatley @ 06/14/19 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: fish_bait A cylindrical bait cage tends to work better. Bait swims in circles instead of bumping into corners and hurting themselves. https://baitbaskets.com That's how I built my holding pen. I wanted it round sided so any B
Jump to new posts Beavers affect on crappie population by nvcdl @ 06/14/19 05:41 PM

Bought a farm in late March that has a 1 3/4 acre pond and a smaller 1/3 acre pond. Pond was infested with beavers when I bought it and I assume it had them for at least 2 years as I trapped out 2 large mature beavers and 3 smaller 2 yo beavers over
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Now that it's snake season..... by Zep @ 06/14/19 05:13 PM

For any of you that are Facebook people I have found and joined a Facebook page that is very educational concerning the identification of snakes and also good tips on what to do if bitten. My wife and I enjoy learning about the snakes we may encount
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Young YP..Is this possible??? by Snipe @ 06/14/19 11:19 AM

Realistically, they claim 24hrs one way or the other. We get them back in approx. days since hatch. So far since using this method on the same lake we pull eggs from, I don't believe we've ever had anything outside of 30-35 days estimation. That's fi
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: Low Alkalinity, Good pH - Add Lime? by Drew Snyder @ 06/14/19 09:05 AM

anthropic, I haven't bothered with getting a DO test kit yet, mostly because we don't have a dock or a boat, so I'm not sure how I'd sample water from the deep. I've assumed that we're okay on DO for now since we never saw fish kills before and we've
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Spring Fish Kill by Quarter Acre @ 06/14/19 09:04 AM

Is it possible that the original stocked fish (and added LMB) have grown to the point that the pond's carrying capacity was achieved? Just a thought that runs through my head as I watch my fish grow (year two) and try to plan my culling efforts. Ru
Jump to new posts Re: Culling Circus Fish by Quarter Acre @ 06/14/19 08:20 AM

The ultimate goal in my pond is to grow large HBG not record RW by defect. Although I do think about the uniqueness of stubby and somewhat regret taking him out. He certainly looked dwarfed and not injured and partially recovered.
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: New Michigan 'hybrid sunfish' record by ewest @ 06/13/19 09:09 PM

PS X BG is a very common cross especially in more northern waters. I would agree that those look like BG x PS. See this thread for great pics. http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=99961&page=1
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Today's Birthdays
Bill Sappenfield, GREG BOTNER, huddleston, Yolk Sac
Recent Posts
Types of crayfish
by Snipe
Today at 12:41 AM
LMB fillets recipe
by DarrellSimpson
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
My early Father's Day present
by Snipe
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Vortex Air Blower 2000L/min - Pressure: 18KPa?
by blackhawk
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
YP and BC only pond
by Heppy
Yesterday at 10:34 PM
To aerate or not that is the question
by Heppy
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
On Mutt Pond
by Bill D.
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Thoughts on a new 3 acre pond stocking