Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
NY Fisherman, Georgel, Georgia Drew, yoshootme, soilboss
14668 Registered Users
Forum Stats
14668 Members
36 Forums
33975 Topics
465576 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 23560
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18607
Dave Davidson1 12845
Theo Gallus 12318
Who's Online
11 registered (Jimmi, Zep, wbuffetjr, sprkplug, ryjohn, Kevin B., SteveC, LarryHale, brookside, John F, Chris Steelman), 214 Guests and 407 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration dealers in alabama by wbuffetjr @ 9 minutes 32 seconds ago

I order my stuff from Hoosier Pond Pros. Scott can probably walk you through installing it. Once you know what you need installing it is pretty straight forward.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Eat Yellow perch like a Sardine. by catmandoo @ Today at 06:25 PM

Scott/Bill and others, Typical of me, this probably won't be a short answer. The short answer to ESSHUP is NO, certain bones and fins don't break down very well when pickled or canned. But ... When crispy fried, those same fins are better than a
Help
Jump to new posts Re: What fish is this? by ewest @ Today at 06:02 PM

I was referring to the stated species or cross. I edited my post to make it clearer - edit in blue. I have seen HBG that have a somewhat orange/red spot/tint on the ear flap. Given the situation I think this is a HBG or possibly a missorted cross and
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: Flier panfish by ewest @ Today at 05:56 PM

On a quick glance they look a little like a crappie.
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Dropping gravel (SMB) by Matzilla @ Today at 05:52 PM

How well did these beds end up working out in 3-5' of water? I'm adding some SMB to my pond shortly and am thinking of providing some bedding habitat over the winter. I have a few seeps/springs that enter my pond that are very similar to those pictur
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Detention Pond Maintenance by DB26 @ Today at 05:41 PM

thanks everyone. I did read on this forum that the recommendation for pondweed treatment is late fall or early spring. i think we missed the window for this season, unless we commit to doing it twice (fall and spring). i agree with the comment ab
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: old pond help please by RC51 @ Today at 03:40 PM

1. Grass Carp. I have had success with them in my 1 acre pond, but it takes time.... If you have time then you can use them, but if your going to dig them out you may not need anything as the digging should take care of most the weeds I would think a
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts No more Filamentous algae. by azteca @ Today at 03:27 PM

Hello. To make Zooplankton I don't need Phytoplankton (Chlorella). I have different kinds of Paramecium,(Aurelia, Caudatum and the big one Spirostomum). In my culture I don't need Chlorella just bacteria . Like if you want to make lots of infusari
Identifying plants
Some of that kinda looks like American Pondweed? RC
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Northeast Ohio Resources by MarkGG @ Today at 11:12 AM

Thanks Rick, I finally got a hold of our county's Soil and Water conservationist. He is going to come out next Wednesday.
Balance of plants in the environment
Jump to new posts Re: Hardy blue/purple water lilies by RAH @ Today at 08:58 AM

The advantage of honey locust branches is that they eventually rot. The disadvantage is working with nasty thorns!
Feeding
Jump to new posts Metro Atlanta Optimal Pallet Buy by RydforLyf @ Today at 08:57 AM

It's time to buy some more Optimal BG food and I'm wondering if I can get enough interest from the Metro Atlanta Pondmeisters to go in on a pallet. I can take delivery and store short-term. Please reply if interested. Chuck
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Second pond stocking by RAH @ Today at 08:57 AM

I also stocked small numbers in my second pond. I really enjoy the process and watching things unfold while nudging them in the direction that I want them to go. For me, the top priority is wildlife value.
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to the fishing? by anthropic @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Derek, perhaps you've caught & thus educated all the more aggressive bass, which is why bites are scarce now. Given the limited numbers involved, this is a real possibility.
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice before I fill my pond by Bill D. @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

Hey Bdog, If it was my pond (and it is not!) I would cover the liner with a foot or more of relatively stone free clay or soil and maybe add a few spawning shelves out of the clay as well. My thought is the clay "liner" will protect the m
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Restoring a bluegill pond by Matzilla @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Clearing my outlet has yielded a 12" drop in water level! I saw my first bluegill gulping up feed tonight....I hope others take to the feed soon. My GBH is being Very persistent lately.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Coontail kill by FireIsHot @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Tim, I would. Broken off pieces of coontail can reestablish themselves, so even a few small floating fragments from an existing plant can create problems again. At 98% control, you're too close to stop now.
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Clueless new pond owner by yoshootme @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

TY!
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: Low PH by ewest @ Yesterday at 05:11 PM

Compare ag lime to the products before you try one.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: New/old pond by Arky @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

Yes I mean kill all the fish and start over. I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject but in the small amount or research I've done it appears the hydrated lime is much less expensive than rotenone which appears to be quite high. But all of that inf
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Managing Crappie and LMB at the same time by ewest @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

No - the size ranges from 80 to 500 acres and even in big waters there are large swings in crappie recruitment. You need info as there is something unique to your water if its as described.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: 8 acre pond at 10,000' - lots of aeration ?s by wbuffetjr @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: TGW1looks like the pond has been a journey of learning for you, so I hope you find some surviving fish swimming around soon. Thank you Tracy and yes it has been! Actually, I find I am always getting schooled by that place. Wo
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Buy Big when stocking your pond by RC51 @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: esshupOriginally Posted By: maddenfarmsThank You RC51, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Now my only challenge is to find the 4 to 6 CNBG in my area. Dose anyone have a tip on where I can find them ? This time of year? Non
Identifying plants
Jump to new posts Re: Plant or algae identification please by Custom 68 @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Thanks again Kelly, right now I am just manually pulling some out hoping to keep it in check. I will keep watching from what I have read it was indicated this stuff can take over quickly that was what I was wanting to avoid. Thanks Dave
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Should I aerate by 2506ackley @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

Guys I have a 4 year old 3 acre pond at my farm. It has f1 bass and cnbg in it. Pond is located in central Alabama. Long story short I have a leak in my damn and the only real way to fix it is to drain and redo the damn. I am not willing to throw $3
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Posts
Aeration dealers in alabama
by wbuffetjr
8 minutes 28 seconds ago
Eat Yellow perch like a Sardine.
by catmandoo
Today at 06:25 PM
What fish is this?
by ewest
Today at 06:02 PM
Flier panfish
by ewest
Today at 05:56 PM
Dropping gravel (SMB)
by Matzilla
Today at 05:52 PM
Detention Pond Maintenance
by DB26
Today at 05:41 PM
old pond help please
by RC51
Today at 03:40 PM
No more Filamentous algae.
by azteca
Today at 03:27 PM
Is this the Chara I read so much about...?
by RC51
Today at 03:09 PM
Northeast Ohio Resources
by MarkGG
Today at 11:12 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Sunfish id
Battling Ducks and Geese
At a Friends pond
Fish ID help please
Is this the start of a FA bloom?
Hungry Turtle !