Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
SlabSeeker, wannapond0001, gameP, Oddo, Marizanne
15702 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15702 Members
36 Forums
36156 Topics
492169 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24029
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19621
Dave Davidson1 13633
Bill Cody 12556
Who's Online
4 registered (Shorty, anthropic, Theo Gallus, Dwight), 128 Guests and 438 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: How much do TFS change the fishing? by anthropic @ 52 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jpsdadOriginally Posted By: anthropic TFS are recommended to help feed the 10 - 14 inch laggards, which I definitely can understand. Heck, I've taken out nearly 100 LMB in this range since October to help the food situation fo
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: TP in Mid East OH this spring? by Theo Gallus @ Today at 06:49 PM

The two Tilapia aquaculture farms I know about both use (virtually) male-only Tilapia for food fish production. Assuming this is an industry-wide practice, there would be a huge, periodic but year round market for male-only Tilapia fry.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: No vegetation=no large bass by anthropic @ Today at 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SpicelanebassQuestion- Is it possible to have a healthy sustaining fishery that produces medium and trophy size bass, but has zero vegetation. I manage a 60 acre lake that was destroyed by grass carp 10 years ago. Through aggres
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: My pond full of outcast by jpsdad @ Today at 12:49 PM

bigpullerman, You mentioned that you want a pond where the kids can catch a mess of eating sized panfish without much waiting for a bite. Hybrid sunfish are a pretty good bet for this because they are slow to become hook shy and grow to eating size
Fly Fishing & Other Fish Species
Jump to new posts Re: Long-time stocked rainbows by Bill Cody @ Today at 11:48 AM

I think if in August you saw one dead trout, then all the others also died. Trout often do not float when they die in mid summer. Consider yourself extremely lucky if any of those trout survived the summer. Not catching nor seeing any highly suggests
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: 2019 ice fishing "pre"season results by Bill Cody @ Today at 11:42 AM

Great 1st report for the 2019 ice fishing season.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: PB Magazine arrived! by FireIsHot @ Today at 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: SunilI did get one a few weeks ago. Maybe that was it!!! I'll just postdate any checks to you from now on.
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Using tarp for structure? by FireIsHot @ Today at 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: BhamI was wondering if this would be a good idea or not.... My thought was to cut tarps into variaous lengths and secure it to something that would anchor it to the bottom of the pond. The theory would be to have structure t
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Ice Fishing on Bremer Pond by Sunil @ Today at 10:58 AM

Well, snrub, you have to drink Hamms to relate....
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by John Fitzgerald @ Today at 10:51 AM

We had just over 1.8 inches rain in two days. Ponds have reached highest pool in 5 months, but still a long way to go until full.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Non fed ponds by bigpullerman @ Today at 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: anthropicOriginally Posted By: John FitzgeraldA cricket thrown into my older, clear, pond usually lasts from 1-3 seconds. You know, John, neither me nor my guests have ever tried live bait on my BOW yet. Even my grandkids use
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: Need a pond builder: BURLESON, TX by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 05:49 AM

Gary, the NRCS generally keeps a list of dozer drivers who sign up with them. However, they donít check qualifications. Drive around the area and look at ponds. Stop and ask who built it and if they would use them again. With all the new construction
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Contractor in Dayton OH area recommendation by wannapond0001 @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Yup vertical will work better, I just won't get the tax credit for the pond
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: A couple questions by Vortex 4 @ 12/13/18 05:26 PM

Also, generally speaking, a pond should be out of the river's flood plain. As Dave pointed out there can be lots of regional regulations, the river may have as governing river authority etc etc.
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Hopeful pond construction spring 2019 by John Fitzgerald @ 12/13/18 04:04 PM

I don't think you would need liability insurance working for yourself, on your owned land. Maybe accident insurance for the equipment, in case you submerge it in muck or something.
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday DonoBBD! by stickem' @ 12/13/18 01:55 PM

Happy Belated Birthday, Don!!!
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Fall Observations by Bocomo @ 12/13/18 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Quarter AcreThat helps my understanding a lot Bocomo. Thanks for the info! I always thought that the water near the bottom would be thermally warmed by the surrounding earth, kind of like how a cave is always 60 degrees F. I
Corrective stocking
Jump to new posts Re: European (redfin) Perch by ItalyBASS @ 12/12/18 05:08 PM

Hi CC! I m pretty sure fishery here don t raise them cause they don t have perch all the year but only in spring. Probably they import 8Ē perch from north and east Europe in spring and sell them all. If some fish remain they surely feed them with pel
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Restoring a bluegill pond by RStringer @ 12/12/18 01:10 PM

Matzilla just getting all caught up on your story. Interesting read for sure. You have had a ruff 6 months for sure. Keep your sprits up those fish and boys need ya. I hope all goes well for ya.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Perch ribbons, mid March and cold! by DonoBBD @ 12/12/18 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By: SetterGuyInteresting read. Iím guessing the eggs themselves are safe. Now that I think back over the three springs my YP have been in, I donít recall seeing a ribbon that had been torn up. Maybe I just need to do a better jo
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Help finding TJ's SMB spawning structures? by Snipe @ 12/12/18 12:18 AM

WoW!!!! Thanks Shorty! That was fast.. Appreciate that. I'm only 4-5 months into this and it seems my 3-5" rubble is "blending" into bottom.
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Oily Surface on Pond by Bocomo @ 12/11/18 03:17 PM

Try feeding the ducks in a tray OUTSIDE of the fountain. That will reduce the nutrient load somewhat.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Contractors in the Houston Area by LeighAnn @ 12/11/18 10:16 AM

Contact Clint Steffens at Conservation INC. He's located in Sealy TX 281-435-1667
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Aeration - Do I need it if fed by a creek? by 4CornersPuddle @ 12/10/18 10:07 PM

JJB, how thick is your ice? Are you eager to get out there for some hard water fishing?
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Help me build a 4 acre pond! by Bham @ 12/10/18 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: anthropicOriginally Posted By: Bill D.I know turtles will use floating islands but will geese? I have four floating islands and rarely see geese use them. No nests, either. So tell me about these floating islands
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Today's Birthdays
Billy
Recent Posts
How much do TFS change the fishing?
by anthropic
44 minutes 28 seconds ago
TP in Mid East OH this spring?
by Theo Gallus
Today at 06:49 PM
No vegetation=no large bass
by anthropic
Today at 06:31 PM
My pond full of outcast
by jpsdad
Today at 12:49 PM
Long-time stocked rainbows
by Bill Cody
Today at 11:48 AM
2019 ice fishing "pre"season results
by Bill Cody
Today at 11:42 AM
PB Magazine arrived!
by FireIsHot
Today at 11:32 AM
Using tarp for structure?
by FireIsHot
Today at 11:07 AM
Ice Fishing on Bremer Pond
by Sunil
Today at 10:58 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by John Fitzgerald
Today at 10:51 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Pond site
Pond dig
My recent haul
Hello From Lufkin Texas!
Cant seem to Identify what this is.  Any thoughts?
Evaluating and adjusting Fish populations and ID

© 2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide