Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Lou Schaufele, JCWDUCK, !#!#!#!, Matt1414, BobMoff
15656 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15656 Members
36 Forums
36029 Topics
490200 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24029
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19537
Dave Davidson1 13565
Bill Cody 12470
Who's Online
11 registered (snrub, bigpullerman, Pat Williamson, DrLuke, DonoBBD, DC70, NEDOC, SENKOSAM, wbuffetjr, Keaton72, TGW1), 135 Guests and 483 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Kansas Pond by snrub @ 4 minutes 39 seconds ago

Exciting time for a new pond owner when the fish are delivered. Did they happen to mention the variety of the crayfish?
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts A lure you can make from another by SENKOSAM @ 41 minutes 22 seconds ago

I posted different lure designs that fish bite. Here's one you can make using a pair of scissors: original worm: curl tail cut off and tail cut to 2" and rigged on a light jig say 1/16 or 1/24 oz. Just make sure the the worm is thin and tap
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: Amazing the variety of soft plastic fish attack by SENKOSAM @ 48 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: canyoncreekmini-stick? clear? Normal size bass stick bait: Mini-sticks: I used the bottom stick rigged on a 1/32 oz jig under a float and caught panfish yesterday. The two above it also worked using 1/32, 1/24 and 1/16 o
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: New pond construction diary by Keaton72 @ Today at 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill D.Hi Keaton, I look forward to following along on your pond journey! I do have one question. What are you going to do with all that extra dirt once you dig it from the pond site? I was wanting to make a small hill on t
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday LeighAnn!! by DannyMac @ Today at 08:08 AM

Happy Birthday!
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: New Pond - Starting Construction by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 06:52 AM

Eric West, Ewest here, has some pretty good pics. Hope he sees this. I like artificial structure leading from deeper water to shallow. Humps, ridges, etc all seem to erode over time. I also use cedar trees in shallower water. They seem to disappear i
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Bedding Fish by anthropic @ Today at 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Quarter AcreOriginally Posted By: !#!#!#!I never do it and after watching Pond Boss video on how rare large bass are, I most definitely wouldn't do it. Did I miss the memo? Large LMB aren't rare. I don't understand. I'm all
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Fall feeding by ewest @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill D.Great info Eric! I'm looking forward to reading the article! Do you think that fish that are fed to obesity and very high Relative Weights are more susceptible to this type of stress/kill? Studies seem to indicate that
Should I aerate?
Do you have any sort of dock or deck that jets into the pond? I am in mid, lower Michigan, around Midland, we have a fishing deck that I run the aeration right at the deck in about 2-3 feet of water, and close down the two I have in deeper water for
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: One acre pond on hillside by unclewilco @ Yesterday at 04:42 PM

jludwig and Redonthehead: Good suggestions from the NRCS. Just paid the office a visit. St. Charles, MO county requires 2 permits. One for land disturbance. The other for construction. And yes y'all are right, I need to stay below 35 ft, but us
Jump to new posts Re: Progress At The Farm.......... by Pat Williamson @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

Iíve been setting out at nite shooting them in our 5ac food plot...... 3 so far but hasnít deterred them from rooting up the fresh planted seed..... ugh
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Hi, everyone! by snrub @ Yesterday at 02:01 PM

Welcome to the forum!
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from Central Texas by BobMoff @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Hello and welcome aboard!
Jump to new posts Re: Howdy from Texas by BobMoff @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Welcome to the forum! Cheers!
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Stocking Plan by Heppy @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

jludwig, I spoke with Nate a couple of years ago by email/phone and will probably contact him again in the future. I hope others are aware that there are all kinds of different fish currently being used in ponds. Gizzard Shad, Black Crappie, Paddlefi
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic Siphon System; by Heppy @ 10/18/18 10:54 PM

Rainman, Iím really looking forward to your response to the comments after your previous post. Thanks! Heppy
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody here raise PK Shrimp? Or know how to? by anthropic @ 10/18/18 06:51 PM

Used to get them from a bait dealer in Baton Rouge, deadly on almost everything: CC, CNBG, RES, LMB, you name it. We'd put ice in the bottom of the bucket and use mesh to keep PK above it in moss. They didn't survive well totally immersed. Be awar
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: 8 acre pond at 10,000' - lots of aeration ?s by wbuffetjr @ 10/18/18 04:12 PM

Buddy went up to our place on Friday to check on things. He was able to grab a quick DO reading while he was there. He didn't take the boat out so couldn't get data from very deep. We were at 6.5ppm at 1' and 4.5ppm at 5'. Unfortunately, he did not p
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Water Loss During Initial Fill by Hidden Acres @ 10/18/18 01:27 PM

Mfitzs70, I must have used the term incorrectly. I meant that the pond was dug with the intentions of runoff/water shed filling it up. I spoke to the original grader who built the pond and he said it only made it to half pool before he stopped check
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Fall Observations by Quarter Acre @ 10/18/18 09:57 AM

More observations for the record...I have been watching the pond's water column getting cooler and cooler. It has dropped from the upper 60's to the mid-upper 50's in the last week with the bottom at 7 foot a few degrees cooler than the upper sectio
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Red ear in nebraska by jwetovick @ 10/18/18 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: NEDOCI'd try calling Rob Hofpar at Nebraska Lake Management and see if he can source some for you. It would be worth a try. If not, send me a PM next spring and I'll see if I can net you some. Shorty and I think the genetics i
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by Shorty @ 10/17/18 09:00 PM

Checked pond temp, it's warmed up to 56. I also fished a little bit, caught one little RES and one big GSH.
Soil questions
Jump to new posts Re: Soil question for pond renovation by Bill D. @ 10/17/18 05:01 PM

Hi Matt, Welcome to PBF! I recommend you have the soil tested before making any amendments. The test results will give you the info required to know how much, if any, Ag Lime or other supplement you need to add. I'm sure if you post the results o
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: My pond full of outcast by bigpullerman @ 10/17/18 10:39 AM

Some before and after pictures of trees cut down on the east side. The trees were where the shoreline was before I moved the spillway up. The water level still lacks about a foot till full flood.
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Catmandoo birthday by FireIsHot @ 10/17/18 08:05 AM

Hey Ken, sorry missed your birthday. I hope you had a great one.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Today's Birthdays
cwooten
Recent Posts
A lure you can make from another
by SENKOSAM
33 minutes 38 seconds ago
Amazing the variety of soft plastic fish attack
by SENKOSAM
40 minutes 35 seconds ago
New pond construction diary
by Keaton72
Today at 08:34 AM
Happy Birthday LeighAnn!!
by DannyMac
Today at 08:08 AM
New Pond - Starting Construction
by Dave Davidson1
Today at 06:52 AM
Bedding Fish
by anthropic
Today at 02:24 AM
Fall feeding
by ewest
Yesterday at 08:17 PM
Winter Aeration - Do I need it if fed by a creek?
by Funky
Yesterday at 05:25 PM
Kansas Pond
by blavis
Yesterday at 05:16 PM
One acre pond on hillside
by unclewilco
Yesterday at 04:42 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Cant seem to Identify what this is.  Any thoughts?
Evaluating and adjusting Fish populations and ID
Vegetation ID
Our new pond
CNBG
My Best Longear so far

© 2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide