Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Nicebass, Buckdeer83, Omikay, Deepblue, BULLGILL
14450 Registered Users
Forum Stats
14450 Members
36 Forums
33427 Topics
458051 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 01:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 23375
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18301
Dave Davidson1 12618
Theo Gallus 12311
Who's Online
2 registered (teehjaeh57, 2Old2Soon), 91 Guests and 448 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: Hatchery pond question by scampbell @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Thanks guys, looks like my best bet is drain down the ponds and buy something less expensive. Unless I decide to raise some to sell, I can't justify spending thousands on a net. Although this was a catfish operation so there are plenty of ponds to r
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Non managed pond ten pound bass? by Sunil @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Some bodies of water achieve 'balances' that produce wild results. Many more times, we come in and screw things up!!
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: Someone call Mike Otto ASAP!!! by wbuffetjr @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ZepKind of neat... https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a76_1487882708 Very cool! Thanks Zep!
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts fertilizing with active algae by scott69 @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

i understand getting a good bloom blocks the light to keep some algae at bay. i have some chara and a tiny bit of fa. if i fertilize when the water warms will the chara explode in growth? i am fairly new at dealing with chara. i thru a little cutrine
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by Pat Williamson @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

I hear ya there! If I could just find a way to sneak up on the bunch of anhingas and convince them that they don't want to eat my fish
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Illinois Pondweed by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

Look into using several types and brands of the granular herbicides that are good for spot treatments.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Yellow perch. by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

azteca - you are doing good things with yellow perch in Quebec, near Montréal. Good video. Congratulations. Note the risky water temperature for causing cold water pellet feeding deaths of YP is 39F to 47F (4C-8.3C). Results have been the more dry p
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Pond Fail....Disgusted by justinchandler @ Yesterday at 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill D.Originally Posted By: justinchandler...just went and tossed some in to see what would happen, and 6" CNBG went wild. Justin, If you have a lot of 6 inch CNBG I would consider that a very good thing. IMO then yo
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Keeping records by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

farmalsc - the Standard weight data for channel catfish is available which includes weights in 1/10" increments from 6" to 35" of channel catfish in a back issue of PB Magazine. Nov-Dec 2013. CONDITION – THOSE OTHER PREDATORS. Willis a
Jump to new posts Re: BG identification? by ewest @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

All BG/CNBG can have that lateral line configuration. I see that mostly on well conditioned fish (fat/healthy fish). My guess is it is related to fast growth in well fed fish. Here is info on CNBG vs BG - buy PB mag as it has lots of info like this.
Jump to new posts Re: Bass spawning dates? by fishm_n @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

We see active spawning and full females in early june.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrading my 1.000.000 Gallon koipond by Haab @ Yesterday at 02:55 PM

Episode 20: The 1.000.000 Gallon Koipond - E20 - What the Mobile Chipper left behind In todays episode, you can see what the chipper had left behind. The chipper removed more than 200 m3, witch was a big improvement. But the chipper left behind a
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Early FA treatment....think it partially worked by hiker26 @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Frequent peruser not signed in often...Well in northeast ohio we had an early ice opening...now gone...small 1/4 pond anyway; we have had huge organic runoff last few years....I suspect from the monsoon type rain we now get...plus maybe a bad septic
Jump to new posts Re: Blue gill goals, lmb pond. by esshup @ Yesterday at 10:47 AM

That is great news. Yes, Todd has a handle on the fish. To weigh the fish without stressing them (or yourself) get a few of those bags that they bring fish to the weigh-in at the tournaments. Put the fish in the bag without water, weigh, and return
Jump to new posts Re: Restoring a bluegill pond by Matzilla @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

It looks backwards but it's just the angle of the tag in the photo...so far the bluegill I've stocked have come from extremely clear water sand pits. The bluegills have some amazing colors and are typically very aggressive feeders. I hope they thrive
Feeding
Jump to new posts Start to feed train bluegill by Layne @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

I've bought a feeder and aquamax 500. My pond is about 3 ac. in size and I live in Southwest Tenn. We've had a very warm winter and temps have been 60 -80 deg for a couple weeks so I decided to start to feed. I have a bass heavy pond with large BG.
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Virgiina Farm Pond, Bluegill? by catmandoo @ Yesterday at 08:54 AM

VAFARMDOG, First, a BIG WELCOME to Pond Boss. My ponds are up in the Winchester area, just over the border in WV. I have two fishing ponds that are both primarily managed for big bluegill. The 0.7 acre pond has pure strain northern bluegill, rede
Jump to new posts Re: Making Maple Syrup by DonoBBD @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Man I think we are done here now too. Only got one batch and the sap has started to look cloudy and the white moths showed up. Leaving the taps in with the hopes it runs next week with some cooler nights. Last night with my window open I could hea
Jump to new posts Re: Tractor or ? for maintaining small places by snrub @ Yesterday at 07:52 AM

Fluid and a pair of cast iron center wheel weights each side made my JD3038E tractor feel much more stable on the pond dam than when I first got it. I was kind of goosey on it before the weighting. Hard to beat that portion of the weight that is righ
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Built a floating platform for the Turtles *PICS* by fish n chips @ Yesterday at 06:35 AM

Originally Posted By: liquidsquid[quote=John Monroe] Oh well. I have gotten sort of bored with photography lately as my camera is a little weak to do what I would like, and what I would like costs about $5K. I would rather spend that towards a decent
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Old Pond by farmallsc @ 02/24/17 11:57 PM

Mom was able to see our fish today while feeding. She said due to the FA they came up real close to where she was standing on the bank in a small area that didn't have FA. She said the only fish she could see looked like BG. She didn't see any catf
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: bass eating pellet-short video by scott69 @ 02/24/17 08:51 PM

hopefully you all can open these links. they are short videos of my bass taking pellets. they were stocked in may 2015
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Ziegler vs Purina vs Optimal by Bill Cody @ 02/24/17 07:45 PM

If feeding Zeigler to mixed and YP I suggest using Zeigler Silver - 40%.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: planning a PB member Yellow Perch experiment by xraytrapper @ 02/24/17 07:09 PM

Thanks setterguy. That's very good info for upcoming plans for my new pond. I also plan to supplemental feed. What was the fish stocking numbers you used if you don't mind sharing and did you stock all fingerlings or did stock multiple sizes? Did yo
Jump to new posts Re: New Pond Is Full........ by Chris Steelman @ 02/24/17 04:13 PM

Holding pond for frack water?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Today's Birthdays
North Crest Farm
Recent Posts
Hatchery pond question
by scampbell
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Non managed pond ten pound bass?
by Sunil
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Someone call Mike Otto ASAP!!!