Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
abs1nthe, The Dye Guy, ColoradoCabin, mbrice, Pug
14382 Registered Users
Forum Stats
14383 Members
36 Forums
33245 Topics
455370 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 01:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 23298
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18210
Dave Davidson1 12521
Theo Gallus 12308
Who's Online
7 registered (TGW1, Flame, sprkplug, challenger74, wbuffetjr, mike Barnett, Shorty), 108 Guests and 326 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Please point me in the right direction by Flame @ 3 minutes 49 seconds ago

When I stocked my newly dug pond it was muddy for lack of ANY vegetation on the banks. Stocked approx. 2500 fish and only ever saw 3 dead fish floating. Muddy water did not seem to bother them at all, I started them on food pellets from day one so th
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: New Land Owner - Pond Considerations by Flame @ 16 minutes 47 seconds ago

Wow, Sounds like he is wanting you to pay his lawyers fees up front before there is any problem!!! I'm with John F... Got my 2 acre pond here in deep east Texas done for under $15,000. Cleared of trees with onsite disposal 12 ft deep in deepest end
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Northern Pics by MNFISH2 @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

We got it done last night! Our first black crappie, under the ice, with a Hawaiian sling. 4.5' deep. Working on the lighting to lay down a little film. What a blast!!
Fertilization
Jump to new posts Re: UV and Yellow Perch by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

UV and Effects on Hatching of yellow perch. From Fisheries and Oceans Canada publication The level of ultraviolet radiation (UVR) is considered important in hatching success of yellow perch (Williamson et al. 1997). In a Pennsylvania study, incubat
Soil questions
Jump to new posts Re: NE Ohio Pond Excavator Help by Jared015 @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

He will be there when we do the test holes bc we are going to do the septic test at the same time
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Trees in lake by Bill D. @ Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Hey nehunter, That is quite the BOW you have there! Are any of the trees worth harvesting to someone in your area; even if just for firewood? Maybe give the trees away free if they cut them and haul the brush to shore? As you already know, and I
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: Unidentified Water Life? by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 09:55 AM

To see protozoa and rotifers to where they are recognizable, one should have 40X to 100X magnificatons. The things you are seeing with a 4X hand lens are not individual rotifers and definately not individual protozoa. Protozoa are several times small
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: irregular shaped dam by RAH @ Yesterday at 09:49 AM

The rocks were found during excavation as you probably surmised. It is important to plant the things you want soon after the pond fills so that they out-compete less desirable plants (but some removal of invasives, especially at the beginning, is usu
Hall of Fame
Jump to new posts Re: Hall of Fame 2017 by Pond Boss @ Yesterday at 08:51 AM

sunil!! As always, thank you for your steady support!!! Happy New Year!!!!
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: I need advice on an existing pond please. by RAH @ Yesterday at 06:07 AM

Some years back, we released my son's overgrown white goldfish in a shallow duck pond that gets a lot of GBH traffic. I also expected it to be toast. However, we saw it on occasion for years, sometimes harassing LMB of the same size trying to find
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: If I were president by cosmic_counselor @ 01/19/17 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: TbarOriginally Posted By: John FI'd put CC in all those otherwise useless reflecting pools and set up vending machines for pellets. Fresh catfish dinners for the white house. Absolutely incredible haha
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Diffuser area of influence by ewest @ 01/19/17 09:07 PM

Great to see you posting !!!
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Condelo Birthday by ewest @ 01/19/17 09:04 PM

Good to revive this thread??
News, Announcements & PBF Guidelines
AND THE WINNER IS..... Torey Rhodes (Snakebite)! Torey wins the DeWalt Heated Jacket for registering early for the Pond Boss VII Conference & Expo. Stayed tuned... there may be more drawings! Be sure to check out our website and our Facebook pa
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: bass fishing survey by highflyer @ 01/19/17 03:02 PM

James, I'll PM you.
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Eastern newt (video). by azteca @ 01/19/17 11:13 AM

Hello. I never see them in the big pond with the Yellow Perch and Crayfish. They stay in this little pond, without predators. A+
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration Observation by Bill Cody @ 01/19/17 10:56 AM

This is a much better video of the zooplankton than your first underwater version. It is a great example of what groups of some of the larger zooplankton look like. Crappie and BG thrive on that type of food especially in Winter.
Image Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Couple more from 3Lakes Ranch! by Crstfr @ 01/19/17 08:23 AM

heck no.. i'm never prepared.. .lol.... i think my buddies fish was loner.. look at the tail length...
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Shallow 16 acre lake by Bill D. @ 01/18/17 09:14 PM

I agree with your concern if your water temps don't consistently drop to 45 or below every winter. I'm not a pro but, if I thought Tilapia could survive year round in my pond, I would not stock them. What do you do with a 2 pound TP?? Too big for y
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Yearly Dye Maintenance by Bill D. @ 01/18/17 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Cody.... How deep can you see a white coffee cup in the lake now? Go measure. ..... You might want to buy a cheap cup at The Walmart or dollar store for this experiment. My attempt to throw one of my wife's good coffee cup
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: New member from iowa by nontypcl1 @ 01/18/17 07:58 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I know I've got a lot to learn so I've been searching through all kinds of old posts trying to absorb as much as possible. There's so much great information available here. I'm hoping to get some pics of ponds and more de
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: Propane Refrigerators by wbuffetjr @ 01/18/17 07:22 PM

Zep I can totally relate. My father in law was more like my dad and him and I had hundreds of conversations about the lake at our place, all the potential it had and what we could do to it. I, too, regret that my father in law never got to see a sin
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Originally Posted By: ewestThere is a TPWD study following LMB for 16 years. Growth slows with age. First few years are fast then slowing. You know I just saw this documentary on Dotty and realized this girl put on a 1lb+ per year in her old age! W
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: At the Cabin Stand Off by DonoBBD @ 01/18/17 04:47 PM

The left one is full. Good looking targets.
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Good News! by DonoBBD @ 01/18/17 04:44 PM

Congratulations!! what a lucky man to have your family so close. You look so happy.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Today's Birthdays
Bluegillerkiller, IronMike, NHooper, Pond Guppy
Recent Posts
New Land Owner - Pond Considerations
by Flame
Northern Pics
by MNFISH2
11:08 PM
UV and Yellow Perch
by Bill Cody
07:04 PM
NE Ohio Pond Excavator Help
by Jared015
07:03 PM
Trees in lake
by Bill D.
06:49 PM
Please point me in the right direction
by cb100
10:49 AM
Unidentified Water Life?
by Bill Cody
09:55 AM
irregular shaped dam
by RAH
09:49 AM
Hall of Fame 2017
by Pond Boss
08:51 AM
I need advice on an existing pond please.
by RAH
06:07 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Couple more from 3Lakes Ranch!
patent cover
Still hungry....
Really hungry bass
More pond rehab questions
Renovating pond and stream please help with advice

2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide