Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Chris Williams, BA204, JeffShad, mtneer99, nyiangelo
15174 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15175 Members
36 Forums
35021 Topics
478900 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24014
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19116
Dave Davidson1 13199
Theo Gallus 12343
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 391 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo. by Bobbss @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Dave,we are supposed to get the same thing.They say we may get a few small thunder storms mixed in and they did up the amount we may get to 3"-4",but they say it will be a slow soaker for the most part.
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: How many catfish? by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Jack, a couple more things to consider. Only the top 4 to 5 ft of water are usable by the fish due to lack of sunlight penetration. The rest is a non oxygenated dead zone called the thermocline. The fish can go there but not stay. If your pond goes
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Circulating 2 Acre Pond w/ 3000 lpm Air Lift Pump by ted_1209 @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

Thanks for the response Cody, appreciate it! Good questions. What do you think is a good depth to go for? There are almost no deciduous trees around, only coniferous, so there should be limited leaves that go into the pond. The pond is also kept full
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Cattle guard by Zep @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

i can't vouch for them...but you may call these guys to discuss since they appear to be in your area: https://waco.craigslist.org/grd/d/cattle-guard/6486227852.html https://killeen.craigslist.org/sks/d/mobile-welding-services/6496034461.html
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Amount of cover for new pond by BarryM @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

I just finished building my 1.25 acre pond and it has begun to fill. My question is how much of different types of cover should I put into my pond. I put 4 bunches of christmas trees (3 trees per bunch) along the sides in about 6 ft of water and ha
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Percentage of unwanted species by RBE @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Thank you for you reply and depth of knowledge.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Electric Aeration Question by wbuffetjr @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

It is a model number of a pump. I think you can order them several places. It is a detached rotary vane pump that you combine with a motor of your choosing. Pretty simple to do. A while back I did lots and lots of looking at pumps and the 0740 wa
Jump to new posts Re: pen raised wipers by Centrarchid @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

I typically take them through food size 1.75 to 2 lbs and start from 8" to 10" in spring having the ready for harvest by following November. When starting from smaller 1" fish in spring they can get to be just shy of the 8" to 10
Jump to new posts Re: What to do now? by scott69 @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

I agree with Mr. Cody about having a trophy panfish pond. I think you will be very limited on bass quality. And i never liked the idea of hbg due to the gsf offspring. It was almost impossible for me to get 5 inch bg after the otters got in my old p
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: New Member- Central Indiana- building new 2.5 acre by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

One acre of deep water is MUCH easier and cheaper to manage than 2.5 ac of shallow water. Do your homework well before pulling the trigger on the bulldozer. Too much shallow water will be a manager's headache especially in later years as the pond age
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Blue Catfish supplier for Indiana by RAH @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

They are predicting over 4" of rain between tomorrow and Saturday. That should add some water to the new pond and flush the old ones! Should clean up the metal on the new barn too. Wish I could have gotten the landscape fabric and rocks aroun
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: New Book Release by tim k @ Yesterday at 11:24 AM

sounds interesting - I would suggest also posting on the hunting and fishing forums for your announcement - Texasbowhunterforum, Texashuntingforum and 2coolforum - good luck!
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 North Texas Optimal Group Buy by tim k @ Yesterday at 11:11 AM

I am in central texas - when do you guys typically start feeding again?
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Birthday to jeffhasapond! by Theo Gallus @ Yesterday at 09:31 AM

Happy Birthday JHAP! It is truly a shame you departed due to the great GSA versus GSFA acronym schism.
Pond Boss
After seeing the video, I could see where cormorants might be a good thing. First time I ever saw a good reason for keeping them around. The problem is I don't have any whales in my pond, so they need to keep their arse in the big waters and out of
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: sick fish ??? by CRF450 @ 02/16/18 10:51 PM

Thank you for the information Don. Jason
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Cisco's a birthday boy by Bill Cody @ 02/16/18 10:01 PM

Hey Cisco! Have one of them really good birthdays.
Jump to new posts Re: Freeze out and start over by canyoncreek @ 02/16/18 04:42 PM

Have you thought about what options you have for aeration? It provides lots of other benefits and is good insurance for the brutal winter years. otherwise, I would say try to understand what made the water quality different this year since you sa
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: When do you stop Feeding by Flame @ 02/16/18 10:35 AM

My surface temps have been in the low 60s for 3 days in a row now. cnbg feeding like it was 75 degrees!! I am already debating when to turn my aeriation back on but I'm sure Mother Nature probably still has a few surprises up her sleeve. All chance o
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Organic Material Removal by N.TexasHalfAcre @ 02/16/18 10:00 AM

I will try to get some pictures or catch a few this weekend. When I say “fry” these are a little bigger than freshly hatched. I am thinking they may be BG fry that hatched this Fall or something. Either way there is a ton of them about an inch long.
Jump to new posts Re: 100% Green Sunfish by Centrarchid @ 02/16/18 08:46 AM

Are we differentiating between viable and fertile? Not all hybrid sunfish exhibit skewed sex ratios and you can get skewed sex ratios within a species like the bluegill when rearing only a brood resulting from a single-mating.
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Kelly Duffie BDay by highflyer @ 02/15/18 11:14 PM

Kelly, Hope it was a great one, Happy Birthday. Thanks for all the help.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: The dynamics of pond ice by liquidsquid @ 02/15/18 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: RAHYou are either brave or crazy! My wife thinks I'm crazy, my friends think I'm nuts. Me, I'm just a lawn mower, you can tell me by the way I walk. Ok, off in la-la land tonight. Seems like two nights ago was the last chanc
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration installs, condensation and failure by wbuffetjr @ 02/15/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: RAHWill probably add a down-facing valve on the downside of the larger pipe (in a pit) as well to drain off condensate if needed. RAH I think that is a great idea. I know the initial concern for most is the line freezing up
Hall of Fame
Jump to new posts Re: Hall of Fame 2018 by Pond Boss @ 02/15/18 02:22 PM

aloha!! Thank you very much for your rapid support of the Pond Boss Forum!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Today's Birthdays
Debra King
Recent Posts
New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo.
by Bobbss
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
How many catfish?
by Dave Davidson1
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
Circulating 2 Acre Pond w/ 3000 lpm Air Lift Pump
by ted_1209
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
Cattle guard
by Zep
Yesterday at 09:25 PM
Amount of cover for new pond