Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
bparksntx, BiG CaT, CSI Fairy Garden, jlr, banjer
14995 Registered Users
Forum Stats
14996 Members
36 Forums
34694 Topics
474082 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 23945
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18910
Dave Davidson1 13061
Theo Gallus 12332
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 406 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Seems I do still have LMB by snrub @ Today at 01:33 AM

Here are a couple fish pictures from the main pond. A CC and a GSF I am trying to grow to trophy size. The GSF went back in the pond to grow, the CC went in the holding pen to join us for a meal. Been thinning BG over the last few months. Filleted p
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Evaporation or Muskrats? by John Fitzgerald @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Evaporation rate directly depends on the difference in water surface temperature and the dew point temperature of the air. Wind is another factor. Aeration, particularly at night, would tend to lower water surface temperature, thus retarding evapora
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Pond quetion regarding runoff by Tigershark @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

thanks for the advice, I was told a check valve on a pipe would probably work if I went that route. I will also investigate the terrace For right now I am just filling in the low spots and trying to divert it to our lower pond which is much bigg
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Burst the rock. by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 08:58 PM

Don, I hadn't thought of the problem of chips in the "hole".
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Bass in trout pond?? by Fyfer123 @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Thanks for the info. I think I may go with perch but there is still deciding to be done. Again thanks all for your responses
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by Zep @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

very nice Al...looks great....cool billy goats!
Jump to new posts Re: Renovating Erickson-Percival Reservoir by Shorty @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BocomoNice fish! For a hobo he sure got some purdy teeth
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Finally caught a big one, fellas by Flame @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Looks like GI Joe caught a sand trout to me!! Great photo! Or maybe that's Barbies old man... Ken? Whoever...it must have put up a great fight!!
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Muskrat connibear traps and low water levels by DonoBBD @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM

Keep the 110 out from the hole far enough it will close with out hitting the bank. PLace two sticks like an A frame between the two bars when set. This will keep it up right without falling over. As the trap gos off it will not touch the sticks. I
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: What a difference a year makes. by roundy @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

Update: The pond is progressing steadily but slowly. Grass is now growing all around nicely. Added five pounds of FHM this morning and built first hedge brush pile in upper end where dry dam drains into. There seems to be a low flow spring o
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: Some more RES by snrub @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

I don't mind getting the hybrids. In fact I kind of like that. But either I am not getting the RES fingerling production or I am not getting them in traps like the GSF (which is possible). I need to seine it but all my grandsons have grown up and mo
Jump to new posts Re: RESxGSF hybrid by snrub @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakebiteJohn, from my perspective it looks like those RESxGSF have exaggerated GSF features. Maybe itís just picture angles, but they look to have larger longer mouths than a normal BGxGSF cross. I get a range of features. S
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Pond is being dug soon by liquidsquid @ Yesterday at 09:36 AM

I think that a ground-water sand pond vs. a sealed and compacted clay pond would not require as much pond building experience. The only recommendations I would have is to make sure and plan for large fluctuations in water level. This means a floati
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Blue Catfish supplier for Indiana by RAH @ Yesterday at 07:56 AM

I've seen better days myself. I have other equipment with tires in much worse shape. Need new rear tires on the backhoe and that will be $$$$. The M37 has split rims so I will not be changing the tires on this truck myself. Once other things are f
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal Open Trial #1 by TGW1 @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

Dustin, Thank you for getting back to me here. I like the idea of less fines or powder that is thrown into the pond water when I use my TH feeders. If you have or can reduce those fines, it has to be a plus in reducing fertility in pond water. I m
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Wondering if I should move feeder by John Fitzgerald @ Yesterday at 12:05 AM

It's low 70s now at my place. East Texas should still be near 80.
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: A day with the Boss. by snrub @ 10/19/17 10:24 PM

Man if it took you ten days to round trip to the conference, you need to invest in a new GPS. The old one ain't cuttin' it.
Corrective stocking
Jump to new posts Re: Rainbow Trout Stocking Help by esshup @ 10/19/17 08:48 PM

I don't think adding 1-2 per acre will affect the bass fishing at all.
Jump to new posts Re: restoration-restocking of strip pit by esshup @ 10/19/17 08:30 PM

I looked at it from a satellite. His 20 acre guesstimate is pretty close when you consider all the fingers of the strips. There is a LOT of shoreline cover in the form of dead trees, but I don't know how much shallow cover there is for YOY fish. B
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: HB Leigh Ann by Joshua Flowers @ 10/19/17 08:15 PM

Happy Birthday!!! Great to see you at the conference.
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: Can a Bentonite Mix be Used to Make a Dam? by esshup @ 10/19/17 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: tlh2865Do you know of a particular method of knitting the levels of soil together to prevent leakage at the seam? Yes. Use a sheepsfoot roller, on layers that are 6"-8" thick and of the correct moisture content to pa
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: 6 acre, Dryland - Starting from scratch by fowells @ 10/19/17 06:38 PM

Andy, Agree that regrading the boundary road will create the opportunity to significantly increase your drainage area. Is the tilled (bare) square of ground in the aerial photo on your property? Curious as to its purpose. I wonder what the purpose of
Balance of plants in the environment
Jump to new posts Re: FA life cycle by Quarter Acre @ 10/19/17 05:01 PM

I can attest to crawdads keeping a pond clear of all vegetation. Even though this was not a controlled experiment, my pond, before renovation, had filled in to only 2 feet deep, but had NO vegetation at all. The water was always muddy with NO sign
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: What is a used fountain worth? by BLUE72CAMARO @ 10/19/17 04:40 PM

Holy cow I never realized how expensive these things are... Looks like a similar new one is over 2k.
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: tocking Bass in Fall vs Next Spring? by mrmallerd @ 10/19/17 02:23 PM

Bluegill have grown upwards of 5" & FH are thick. All the bass will have to do is swim around with their mouth open. I don't expect much if anything from the YP.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Today's Birthdays
Taweesak
Recent Posts
Never been much for fishing, but maybe someday....
by snrub
Today at 01:33 AM
Evaporation or Muskrats?
by John Fitzgerald
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Pond quetion regarding runoff
by Tigershark
Yesterday at 09:14 PM
Burst the rock.
by Dave Davidson1
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Bass in trout pond??