Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Marky Mark, WMR, AL64, Rapidan, Kendal Miller
16137 Registered Users
Forum Stats
16137 Members
36 Forums
36966 Topics
502929 Posts

Max Online: 1383 @ 08/09/19 04:50 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24033
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19924
Dave Davidson1 13991
Bill Cody 12890
Who's Online
24 registered (highflyer, ShaneM, Marky Mark, SWMO 2, AL64, jason7858, NEDOC, jpsdad, Paul FNG, Quarter Acre, LeighAnn, Vortex 4, luv2huntia, canyoncreek, Dave Davidson1, dreams of ponds, jpws, John Fitzgerald, Rapidan, Brettski, roundy, Snipe, Theo Gallus, Jorge VA), 427 Guests and 579 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Can flathead cats control crappie? by canyoncreek @ Today at 05:37 PM

ewest, if you do, please let us know. I got lost in some of the graphs and tables in that PDF. They spell out some of their conclusions about what worked and what didn't, but I bet a trained eye looking at the electrofishing information and the oth
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration 101 by Quarter Acre @ Today at 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Jorge VA- Once the pond turns over in the fall you don't need the deep diffuser. When exactly do you stop the deep one? I stop my deeper diffusers when the fall air temp highs get below the water temp (18" down from the s
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Renovating Erickson-Percival Reservoir by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 05:29 PM

Neat pics. To me, kids fishing is what itís all about.
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: How my LMB look to you? by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 05:26 PM

Well done Flippo. Once bass are established, most of us cull every year.
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble deciding fish by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 05:23 PM

Mark, welcome to Pond Boss.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: North Texas Newbie by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 05:14 PM

Doesnít look like spring water to me. It looks like one of my small ponds that I added blue dye to cut down on mosquito reproduction. But then, spring water is affected by what is underground. Interesting water. I wonder what causes it.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Map of users ponds by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 05:10 PM

Iím not real enthusiastic about posting pics and/or location of my pond. I donít live there and have had poacher problems in the past. However I gotta admit that the local poachers can find any pond on Google Earth.
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: Bluegill Identification - with photos by Snipe @ Today at 04:36 PM

If the minnows were just hauled in, that doesn't surprise me. They can handle amazing amounts of stress in low water quality situations and I have seen exactly the opposite from transportation. FHM do best when sedated and released from that water, t
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts NE Nebraska Farm pond Restocking questions by luv2huntia @ Today at 03:12 PM

Been hiding in the shadows for sometime now trying to gain knowledge about what I need to do with the in-laws family farm pond. It was broke open partially about 6-7 years ago after a winter kill and then cleaned out. Pond is about 1.75-2 acres (ac
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: Big BGxRES by Theo Gallus @ Today at 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SunilFreak. You're not insulting the fish, are you?
Wildlife Management
A few years ago a buddy of mine did a tutorial on killing hornets LOL
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by TGW1 @ Today at 06:12 AM

Al, don't BS a BS'er. From what your better half told me @ Highflyers gathering, I know you have some really nice lmb and much larger than I have swimming around. And I think DD1 Dave most likely said it well, lots of cash and time spent. Ha! I
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts changing trash rack on pond. by Rapidan @ Yesterday at 03:11 PM

This is my first post on here. I have a 8 acre pond with a large watershed including two year round streams running into it. The current 3 foot to 2 foot primary spillway pipe has and old school trash rack( upside down bucket style with a handfu
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Bob Lusk's Call For Comments on PBMag Changes by RStringer @ Yesterday at 12:38 PM

Well Mr. Lusk I guess its the thought that counts right. I'v been stood up by better looking LOL. There is always more days ahead (I hope). That is a standing offer whenever.
Product sources
Jump to new posts Re: Barbless Hooks by Augie @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony KI use barbless hooks also, but was wondering about a small circle hook, something the grandkids could use to catch bluegill. I saw in one of the catalogs where they had some small ones, maybe it would help with the swallow
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Intelligent and persistent GBH! by Augie @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

40gr. of lead poison.
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Submerged or Emergent "Hanging Baskets" Idea by Augie @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Yes, it looks nice and healthy. My arrowhead has started blooming, but there's still no sign of any flowers on the mystery plant, so the waiting and wondering will continue for awhile.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy idea - pen raised tiger muskie.... by NEDOC @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

Welp, here it is. A buddy of mine (with a few beers in him) hand feeding my tiger muskie. LOL.
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: newbie to PB in the NE Ohio snowbelt-- by roundy @ Yesterday at 10:23 AM

Forgot to mention the Aquamax listed is a mix of sizes and sinking and floating feed. There are several other formulations available to meet specific needs.
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: New one acre pond. Want to grow trophy bass by IndianaMatt @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

Thanks for the help
Balance of plants in the environment
Mine has really taken off now. I'm about to mount my Texas Hunter on it and deploy it.
Soil questions
Jump to new posts Re: Sand Bottom by snrub @ Yesterday at 08:48 AM

I did not do the sand so can't comment on it. But I did do a shallow swimming area for our grandkids when they were small. It turned into a filamentous algae nightmare. I ended up digging it out deeper best I could with a back hoe. Thing of it is, t
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: DO and pH change in the upper 2 feet by Quarter Acre @ Yesterday at 08:39 AM

I bought a TDS meter from amazon (~10-15$). One that was recommended here at PB. TDS has ranged from 51 to 64 ppm since I started testing the waters about 1-1/2 months ago. What seems odd? I was surprised to find my well water to be higher than
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: Best forage fish for Catfish by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 06:13 AM

Catfish can/will rule the pond. Any pond and that's not a bad thing. I have to believe that the spawns that you are getting are unusual.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Muck Eating Bacteria Experiment by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 06:11 AM

It will be slow but should work out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Today's Birthdays
Al Ellisor, dchance, John Wann, jollyroger, Joshua Flowers, myrtle rosamore, Serrecko
Recent Posts
Can flathead cats control crappie?
by canyoncreek
48 minutes 46 seconds ago
Aeration 101
by Quarter Acre
53 minutes 14 seconds ago
Renovating Erickson-Percival Reservoir
by Dave Davidson1
56 minutes 20 seconds ago
How my LMB look to you?
by Dave Davidson1