Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
dhadam, Brian N., MidMoAdam, Tayten b, squareacrefarm
15053 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15053 Members
36 Forums
34850 Topics
476630 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24014
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18987
Dave Davidson1 13130
Theo Gallus 12335
Who's Online
7 registered (teehjaeh57, farmallsc, Sunil, Chris Steelman, Pond Star, John Fitzgerald, Bobbss), 99 Guests and 385 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Believe I finally found leak source by teehjaeh57 @ 5 minutes 48 seconds ago

Hey Brad: What happened to your soilfloc treatment? Any improvement? Let us know when time allows, sounds like you still have an issue or maybe it's a new one?
Jump to new posts Out the Bottom or Out the sides ?? by Pond Star @ Yesterday at 11:48 PM

Going to try and tackle my 4 year leaking problem again this spring/summer. 2/3 acre pond - dug and dammed - steep sides - 11' deep at deepest spot - hit shale when digging in an area about 1/3 the total size of the pond - covered bottom with minimu
Jump to new posts Re: Draining Old Farm Pond by MidMoAdam @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

Thanks John, I'm fine with the 15 foot depth. The problem is it is only in the middle....around the edge is so shallow. It can be 100' from the shoreline before it reaches 4 ft deep in some parts. Adam
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: 1/2 acre ohio pond help by dhadam @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

First time post 1 yr reader. My situation is very similar to original post with a twist...trout, rainbow to be specific. I have 1.3 ac linered pond "C" shaped with avg 16' dept obvious steep sides. I made it so deep for trout and since l
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: Wintering BG fry by ThePondDragon @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

I don't know if these are pure bred offspring or hybrid offspring because these seem like normal GSF but the largest fish in the pond are hybrids.
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Hunting 2017/2018 by Pat Williamson @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Good job .... how do y'all like the Thompson?
Image Gallery
Jump to new posts Deer1 by bryani289swmi @ Yesterday at 12:04 PM

Deer
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Dock Help! by DonoBBD @ Yesterday at 11:42 AM

I have used a pressure washer pump to drive 2" round posts really easy. I have never gave it much thought of it sinking after time. We tooled on the straight nozzle directly on the end of the washer hose. Set post where we want it and start p
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday DonoBBD! by snrub @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

Happy birthday Don. Stay warm up there.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: lowering level for weed control by scott69 @ Yesterday at 10:29 AM

how long will blocking sunlight with die take to kill the veg? would it work in the cold weather? maybe apply die now and again the spring when the seeds begin to sprout? i just don't want to apply it and a gully washer come and dilute the die or it
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Fall and winter aeration by Flame @ Yesterday at 08:52 AM

Esshup, My water temps on surface have hit mid 50's in my 2 acre pond here in deep east Texas. My maximum depth is only around 9 foot now.I have a Kasco system with 3 bottom diffusers all placed in the deeper water and have been and still are running
Balance of plants in the environment
Jump to new posts Re: plankton and water temps by TGW1 @ Yesterday at 06:32 AM

Thanks Bill, and yes I did add the BioCycle in mid Oct. I recently learned I might have had to high of a pH and killed those little bugs. BioCycle has said they will cover the cost for another treatment after we get some rain to lower the pH. Stil
Balance of plants in the environment
Jump to new posts Re: Lotus by RAH @ 12/09/17 01:34 PM

I will try to post pictures as things develop. The pond is still mostly empty with the limited precipitation we have had. The bottom is clay like my other ponds. Water lilies seem to spread fine in this, but lotus may be different. Of course, muc
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: This is amazing to me. (beaver dam) by FireIsHot @ 12/09/17 08:46 AM

Here's an old pic of beaver damage on a point on my big pond. Easily 150 feet of tunnels were eventually dug out and refilled. This was from hut building beavers. We also had beavers that didn't build huts on our dam. They're harder to find since
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: Need Advice for the Future by Dave Davidson1 @ 12/08/17 09:51 PM

dfw, define monster re your goals. I think i know how to do it. I could have possibly done it and not caught it. I know guys who have found a dead one; like Alan Hall here. 95% of all fish donít make it to their first birthday and thatís okay. Raisin
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: A pond dedicated to Redear Sunfish by snrub @ 12/08/17 06:58 PM

Lovnlivin I would be happy for Shorty to catch some RES in my pond. You too for that matter. I hope you both are able to make it to my PBF get together at my place September 22, 2018. Since I just stocked my SMB in my RES pond, they should be of
Pond Boss
Originally Posted By: Bobbss after reading all of this and learning more of what it takes to keep things going,I went ahead and subscribed last night and donated a few bucks while I was at. Bobbss that's cool....thank you for supporting our great c
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Cool hybird by ThePondDragon @ 12/08/17 05:25 PM

A pumpkinseed? When you say colors do you mean ear tab?
Hall of Fame
Jump to new posts Re: Hall of Fame 2017 by Pond Boss @ 12/08/17 02:51 PM

TGW1!!! Thank you so very much for your generous support of the Pond Boss Forum! Merry Christmas!!
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Restoring a bluegill pond by Tayten b @ 12/08/17 01:38 PM

Hi i was hoping for an up date on the pond haven't heard anything in a while.
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: white Sucker forage,food,fun by Tayten b @ 12/08/17 12:45 PM

Thank you Don and I know people who have sucker that dont reproduce and some do
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Skate on the pond. by Rainman @ 12/08/17 12:19 PM

Azteca, keeping the ice as cleared of snow as possible will allow light to penetrate, which will in turn allow algae and other oxygen producers to thrive under your ice.....no worries with skating.
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: The great divide. by Tbar @ 12/08/17 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: RainmanOriginally Posted By: ZepSparkplug shouldn't quit...but good luck to him & maybe consider a come back in 2018 after a break. I'm cool with differing opinions, but hey it works both ways I support Sunil and his state
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Asallus caught in the ice. by azteca @ 12/07/17 03:29 PM

Hello. Wow. Some place they say the asellus can produce antifreeze, a bit like frogs but frogs if they get caught in the ice they die. A+
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: How far north to stock coppernose? by Rainman @ 12/07/17 02:59 PM

Peaker, I'd suggest pure northern bluegill only in KY. Even IF most CNBG survive winters in your pond, you'll never see the growth from a CNBG that you will get from a northern BG, or even a Hybrid BG (BGxGSF). CNBG outside the warmest of climates
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Today's Birthdays
Bubbles
Recent Posts
Out the Bottom or Out the sides ??
by Pond Star
11:48 PM
Believe I finally found leak source
by Archer82
10:06 PM
Draining Old Farm Pond
by MidMoAdam