Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
JohnR, brisket, Snicholas, kevomania, Ahinsch
15889 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15890 Members
36 Forums
36496 Topics
497133 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24033
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19773
Dave Davidson1 13773
Bill Cody 12767
Who's Online
14 registered (Bing, bigbambo, Bob-O, wbuffetjr, cosmic_counselor, DrLuke, Clay N' Pray, teehjaeh57, Shorty, Bocomo, roundy, Spicelanebass, wannapond0001, bcraley), 224 Guests and 630 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Lost 4 large carp in the past few days by Spicelanebass @ Today at 01:11 PM

Congratulations. Wish I could get rid of mine.
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: Pond Redo LOL by wannapond0001 @ Today at 01:05 PM

Is that a volcano?
Jump to new posts Re: Other Hobbies by jludwig @ Today at 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: TGW1Thank you Sir. I have wanted do try the Prime rib but gets pretty expensive if I screw it all up and nobody want to eat it lol. I think I will try it your way. It looks good. A meat thermometer, patience, and a cooking
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Minnow species? by roundy @ Today at 11:30 AM

I have stocked 5# of FHM twice. Once about 18 months ago and then again last fall. I stocked GSH last spring if I remember right. Finally getting 2-acre pond full and bare earth covered in grass. Hopefully, water will clear some in the coming year. T
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Removing or treating FA by Bill D. @ Today at 10:42 AM

I compost our FA and also use it "green" after it has dried a couple days on the pond shore as mulch/weed barrier straight into the garden.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Deteriorating overflow pipe by Rainman @ Today at 10:13 AM

JohnR...that "low spot" in the corner of your dam is, in all likelihood, your emergency spillway in case a huge rain event occurs that the primary drain can't handle. You will need to lower your pond level and build a coffer dam to get in
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Theo Gallus! by Sunil @ Today at 09:40 AM

Ah yes...59 is such an innocent age!!! HBD, Theocity!!!
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Construction Cost by Zep @ Today at 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Snicholasneed a general idea as to what my budget would need to be if trying to build a similar lake Snicholas....as often stated on this board...."it depends". In my mind I have always thought roughly that pond bu
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: TFS time? by TGW1 @ Today at 09:08 AM

My experience with threadfins is all positive. I have not seen any downfall yet and most likely will not see any until we get one of those freak cold winters that we have not seen in the past 4 and a half yrs. Now after saying all that, I don't bel
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by bryani289swmi @ Today at 08:56 AM

Busy weekend of working around the pond. Got the last brush pile burned up and cleaned up, ready to start a new season of habitat work around the pond with the dozer and excavator. Observed seven different species of ducks on the pond in addition t
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: What kind of fish is this? by Snipe @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

I'd say you are correct Bill.. Looking back at picture with screen turned sideways. Incredible how secluded I am!! Looks very "Crappie-ish". Cool!
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: HBD Sprkplug! by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Have a great Indiana Birthday - great update about what has been happening with you and your family. Miss you.
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts An epiphany regarding crappie in my BG pond by Mike Whatley @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

I have spent hours today reading theories regarding raising large BG. In doing so, I have come to believe that crappie may not be a bad predator fish to have if big (10"+) BG are the goal. Even to the point of letting them as well as all other p
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Dang it TJ by teehjaeh57 @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

Bob glad youíre here to keep us all honest.
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Riprap by gehajake @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Here locally they have different sizes for rip rap, 3x5 5x8 and 8x12, all of the numbers being inches, 3x5 means rocks from 3" diameter to 5" dia, etc. hope that helps,
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from Maryland by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Welcome
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: fish kills by joe c. @ Yesterday at 11:18 AM

I'm in S.Mich just west of ann arbor. Haven't seen any snappers yet,we do have mink and seen an osprey last week.
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: Retention Pond / Flow / Water Clarity by Ibanez540r @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4725mgg.mp4[/img]
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Question on how to backfill by gehajake @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

Going in length ways with the trench will result in moving and disturbing a lot less dirt, my preference, however some times room is an issue of a property line behind the dam, or geographical limitations, say there is a deep holler or solid woods,
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: When do you need to dig out? by bassman_67 @ Yesterday at 08:13 AM

Could you give me more information about those muck pellets. Like how much per surface acre of water i would need and also were to get it from?
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: Overflow/Drainage for Pond *without* a Dam by Kris B @ Yesterday at 07:19 AM

On further review, is this statement (from the linked pdf explaining siphons) correct? I don't think it is: Quote:The low point of joint C should be at least 4í below the low point of point E. It seems that the low point of joint C should be perhap
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: dirty water question by Shorty @ Yesterday at 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike WhatleyWhat many people dont realize is fish dont see like we do. What is 16" of visibility for us is more like 36" for a fish. And if equipped with a lateral line, like LMB/SMB, that vision is extended to "w
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration questions by Quarter Acre @ 04/20/19 05:07 PM

Check out... http://www.gopro.pro/Gast.Compressors.And.Pumps.htm They have free shipping, but the cost is about the same as Granger. Work has gone crazy today and I wish I was hanging out here talking ponds. TTYAL
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Perch ribbons, mid March and cold! by Bill Cody @ 04/20/19 02:40 PM

It will be interesting to see what these same fish look like in 2-3 years. To me they have more BG influence than HBG features - coloration; especially the two uppermost fish. Keep us updated with pictures as they grow older. They look like early to
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Feeders and bears by blavis @ 04/20/19 11:49 AM

One and done game feeders may work for ya. They state that they are bear proof. I just started a thread this morning asking if anybody knew of their quality. Haven't heard back yet. Check em out.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Today's Birthdays
acmbusiness, Dantheman
Recent Posts
Lost 4 large carp in the past few days
by Spicelanebass
56 minutes 1 second ago
Pond Redo LOL
by wannapond0001
Today at 01:05 PM
Other Hobbies
by jludwig