Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Midwest Mauler, Flying B, Pondview86, cbux, Mattbronco
14737 Registered Users
Forum Stats
14738 Members
36 Forums
34166 Topics
467520 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 23625
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18674
Dave Davidson1 12907
Theo Gallus 12321
Who's Online
5 registered (farmallsc, anthropic, teehjaeh57, Chris Steelman, abs1nthe), 91 Guests and 404 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Someone explain to me again... by anthropic @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Between the LMB and HSB you must be very pleased, RC!
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: How much Rain? by anthropic @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

We got 2.5 to 3 inches in Shreveport, only about half an inch at my BOW. Sigh...
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Cutrine Plus question by poppy65 @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

I have a 16 gallon sprayer and mix 1/2 gallon Cutrine Plus when I fill it up. It sprays about half way around my pond and always works fine. On a hot sunny day the FA around the bank where I started spraying is already turning brown by the time I u
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Chara question... by anthropic @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Seems virtually certain I now have chara, sometimes called muskgrass. Can't mistake that garlicky smell! Spreading pretty fast, though mostly in the shallows so far. Here's my situation, and then my question. Situation: alkalinity in 40s, pH ab
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Starting over: Trout, LMB or SMB? by Cat&Sloane @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

I have spent some time thinking and reading about aeration as a result of esshup and Bill Cody's comments. I now think I was being lazy or naive (kidding myself) that the creek flowing through my pond was a water quality panacea. My pond is oval
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: Feeder Creek Sediment Control by snrub @ Yesterday at 05:08 PM

Looks good but you may have a problem of washing dirt out aroung the edge starting a new wash to the side. Trick is to keep the water flowing against something that will not erode. Try what you have and add as needed.
Fly Fishing & Other Fish Species
Jump to new posts Re: Yellow perch on spinners by beastman @ Yesterday at 04:47 PM

I'm surprised how aggressive my perch feed, they are competing with HSB and HBG, and eventually SMB but I didn't expect to witness them feeding as often as I do. They do hit the top and go right back down. Have had luck with small spinners but mostly
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Trail cam pics by anthropic @ Yesterday at 04:32 PM

Deer are pretty, but that bobcat is awesome!
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Predators for BG control in a small southern pond by LarryHale @ Yesterday at 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill CodyA strong density of HSB with several SMB would be an interesting predator force to use to control BG. Few have done it, so if you try it keep us advised as to your progress. Worst case it does not work well enough to me
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: Low D.O event? by John F @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

I am taking out all I can. Only got one this morning at 2 lbs 1 oz and 18-1/2". We had it for lunch. Sometimes they don't bite.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Old Pond by farmallsc @ Yesterday at 01:25 PM

Thanks John.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: 8 acre pond at 10,000' - lots of aeration ?s by Zep @ Yesterday at 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: wbuffetjrWondering if that will ever stop?? Nope
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: outa here tomorrow by djstauder @ Yesterday at 10:35 AM

DD Sounds like great hunting. Congrats!11
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Walleye by john kelsey @ Yesterday at 07:43 AM

They will be six to nine inches. The largest of the three walleye offered.
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: SMB stocking in west central ohio by xraytrapper @ Yesterday at 04:15 AM

bill, I was wondering if they would come Laggis fish farm. I think I will stock 6 of the 3-5" and 6 of the 5-7" this fall and do the same next year. and I will also add 8-10 more HSB next spring. then I will see how the recruitment goes ove
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Nitella/chara/coontail control by anthropic @ 06/22/17 10:34 PM

Thanks. Definitely strong garlicky smell, crunchy rather than slimy. Almost certainly chara. My pond runs somewhat acidic, which may limit chara's growth to some extent. I've fished chara BOW before and it efinitely enhanced the fishery so long a
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Fish are growing! Now what? by Hunter_59 @ 06/22/17 10:22 PM

Awesome! Thank you for the guidance! Monitoring is underway!
Types of fish to choose
RC, one thing to consider is that GSH will be there year after year, unlike TP. Especially if you have some pond plants where they can hide & reproduce! Also, thanks for the tip about posting pics! Best explanation I've seen on PB. The forum
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: Should I aerate by John F @ 06/22/17 07:26 PM

How effective is a large fountain compared to bottom diffused aeration? How effective is a paddlewheel?
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Does FA make good compost? by teehjaeh57 @ 06/22/17 07:11 PM

Just layer nitrogen rich FA [if its green/moist] on carbon material [leaves, etc.] and allow it to decompose. Lasagna type layering is very simple composting method requiring minimal effort.
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: Crappie getting fatter by Todd3138 @ 06/22/17 03:24 PM

Great looking fish!
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Yolk !!! by Todd3138 @ 06/22/17 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Yolk SacA belated thanks--briefly away from the world of electrons. Todd, very glad to see you've resurfaced, and ready to engage in some stealth bluegill fishing from properly ballasted boat with you again anytime. And very f
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: Bass size to expect in 1 acre pond by Bill Cody @ 06/22/17 12:21 PM

Dinsmore - your goal of numerous 3 lb bass is achievable. To get it with consistency and dependably you will have to closely follow the suggestions noted above. If it were me, for my initial stocker bass, I would get them from American Sportfish or
Types of fish to choose
Bill D that was a very good question. I gave you some results but not a real good explanation of why that occurs. I will do some looking. I have some guesses but have not seen a scientific "why" in scientific journal/paper. My WAG would be
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Trial of feeding by djstauder @ 06/22/17 10:37 AM

They will eat the AM600 if that is only thing available they prefer LMB pellets I hand throw when I'm at the pond site. I started throwing the LMB pellets for the HSB as they grew and perhaps that is when the LMB caught on.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Today's Birthdays
brians, grewupingolf, helpless2act
Recent Posts
Someone explain to me again...
by anthropic
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
How much Rain?
by anthropic
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Cutrine Plus question
by poppy65