Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ateakam, Cajunrockin, TXBO, bmcardle98, ShawnM
14511 Registered Users
Forum Stats
14511 Members
36 Forums
33616 Topics
460823 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 23390
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18389
Dave Davidson1 12710
Theo Gallus 12314
Who's Online
9 registered (rjackson, RAH, Custom 68, Cajunrockin, wbuffetjr, GaryS, Shorty, sprkplug, Zep), 130 Guests and 417 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Clogged Drain Pipe by RAH @ 26 minutes 13 seconds ago

This particular culvert is elevated above the ditch bottom to trap water upstream. The whole area floods during heavy rains due to many field tiles in the watershed of a nearby creek. I suspect the water could have been running at less than half th
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Would a windmill help? by wbuffetjr @ 46 minutes 30 seconds ago

Depending on how deep your water is, I would strongly consider the American Eagle.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Vertex regular air station vs shallow water by wbuffetjr @ 47 minutes 24 seconds ago

10-4. Thanks Bill & Esshup!
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Forage for CC by RAH @ Today at 06:40 AM

"Channel catfish do not play a significant fish predator role in Missouri ponds. Fish eaten are generally dead or injured." https://mdc.mo.gov/property/pond-stream-care/ponds-fish-frog-management/stocking-fish-your-pond This seems odd to
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, Boss! by Shorty @ Today at 06:11 AM

Happy Birthday Bob!
Systems questions
Jump to new posts System suggestions by Hkbwpro111 @ Today at 01:50 AM

3/4 acre round pound with deepest point 13 ft. Steep banks, looking to add air to the pond.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Mississippi Grass Shrimp by snrub @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Thanks, I edited my post to include your information. I thought linking to the post was better than re-posting the pictures because the accompanying explanation might also be informative.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: carp?? by John F @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: tim kOriginally Posted By: Bob LuskWhat kind of carp? Common, White amur? I have no clue - just floating in my boat in very clear water and saw him - my guess is common as nobody has stocked them to my knowledge - If it is
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Pond Boss Family Fishing Photos by sprkplug @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

I tend to classify BG x GSF hybrids as being either BG dominant, or GSF dominant. Meaning they favor one heritage more than the other. I have both here in our pond, and one of the most telling characteristics for me is the body dynamic. Does it favor
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: Raising bluegill by Redonthehead @ Yesterday at 08:52 PM

Thanks John!
Balance of plants in the environment
Jump to new posts Re: Water Lily Seeds by farmallsc @ Yesterday at 07:34 PM

Bill, Thank you so much! Once again, you've kept me from making a huge mistake.
Identifying plants
Jump to new posts Re: any idea of what this is? central texas by tim k @ Yesterday at 07:20 PM

so from what I read coontail is bad in some cases and good in others? something to worry about?
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Hints on How to Upload Photos by djnks @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

Thanks Bill. With your help I got my avatar up and running.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: LMB in pond by John F @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

Update: Still haven't caught the LMB. I think there is only one. The other strange fish that I thought might be a LMB came up for pellets and looks almost like a White Bass or HSB about 12" long. Beware of big bags of "FHM".
Hall of Fame
Jump to new posts Re: Hall of Fame 2017 by Pond Boss @ Yesterday at 06:07 PM

CMM!! Your very generous support of the Pond Boss Forum is greatly appreciated!!
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Missouri Forage Base Options? by Turtlemtn @ Yesterday at 06:00 PM

Right now, I'd be spending more time thinking about the plants for your pond than the fish. The pond is low and this is a good time of year to put them in. I think getting the right plants established can be trickier and more difficult than the fis
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal Fish Food North Texas Group Buy 2017 by Cisco @ Yesterday at 05:54 PM

Picked mine up last week. Thanks Youngblood for doing it!
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: What size area should feed be thrown by DonoBBD @ Yesterday at 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianLI don't think it matters much. Some hand feed and it is thrown in a smaller area, some use a automatic feeder that will throw it 30-40 feet. Main thing is to make sure it is far enough out that food stays away from bank
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Trophy trout in small lake by wbuffetjr @ Yesterday at 04:29 PM

This is exactly what I am trying to work towards.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Crossfire feeders by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

That 35 to 40 ft is max for some of the feed. Actually mine throws some 3 or 4 ft from shore and it covers everything up to about 30 or so ft. If I jacked the front legs up, it would all throw further. They have a pretty strong motor.
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Otter removal from farm pond by Turtlemtn @ Yesterday at 03:01 PM

I still have a fair number of bluegills, and a few catfish and probably some LMB of a pound or so. Although I have fewer BG, I have more big ones - maybe about a pound - the biggest I've ever caught. If the otters lay off the BG but eat everything
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Gravel Pit Trout Stocking by mitchfishman5 @ Yesterday at 02:14 PM

Thank you so much Bill. I will get on this right away!!!
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Hogs are GONE! by BrianL @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: canyoncreekWhat do they do with 800,000 dead hogs? Do they render into something? Make dog food? remember the current lead strategy for controlling lionfish and asian carp is to try to find a way to get people to eat them,
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Dead tadpoles, what does this mean? by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

Not a frog expert but I expect the tadpoles were hanging in shallow water when the freeze hit. The fish can search out different depths.
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: Water Quality New pond, Stocking by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

My observation, in Texas, is that oak tree country generally has "good" water for fish. Pine tree country generally needs to be doctored.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Clogged Drain Pipe
by RAH
23 minutes 14 seconds ago
Would a windmill help?
by wbuffetjr
43 minutes 31 seconds ago
Vertex regular air station vs shallow water
by wbuffetjr