Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
jack9031, Jtparker779, JohnR, brisket, Snicholas
15891 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15892 Members
36 Forums
36500 Topics
497164 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24033
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19773
Dave Davidson1 13776
Bill Cody 12768
Who's Online
12 registered (roundy, JohnR, ShaneM, nehunter, tallryan610, s14kev, Kris B, 4CornersPuddle, SK63, Chris Steelman, Pat Williamson, Lovnlivin), 190 Guests and 599 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Minnow species? by roundy @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. It looked to like things were on track, but I still have my training wheels with this pond miestering. Pictures of the gsh a year ago look about the size of the small fhm in the above picture. They should spawn this year,
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: Other Hobbies by Pat Williamson @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

T how do you like the varget powder? In the .308
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Minnow species? by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

Based on what you have stocked the minnows in the net are FHM with a few golden shiners mixed in; both appear to be thriving and the offspring growing.
Identifying plants
Jump to new posts Re: Plant Identification by Mike Whatley @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

Looks like salvinia to me too. That stuff completely covered my 14 acre duck lease pond and killed every bit of the widgeon grass. Very invasive. There is a weavel that will kill it, otherwise itll take chemicals to irradiate it. Or you can wait for
Jump to new posts Re: Other Hobbies by Tbar @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

I am enjoying reloading.... 6.8SPC and now .308 .
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: Should I turn off daytime aeration? by Mike Whatley @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

How deep is your pond, and how deep is your deep diffuser? You can run aeration during the heat of summer if you are able to maintain a thermocline, where cooler, less oxygenated water exists. They cant live there, but they can escape the heat tempor
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Stocked Bream pond. When to add Bass?? by Mike Whatley @ Yesterday at 08:59 PM

A LMB can eat anything up to 1/3 its length. So a 6 inch bass will target prey up to 2 inches long. As they get bigger, so does their food requirements. A 12 inch bass is going to seek out the biggest prey it thinks it can swallow. You could introd
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: My ponds seem to be fishless.... by nvcdl @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Looks like I was pre-mature in my judgement. Used a small beatle spin and caught several bluegills about 7-8" and several small bass. Lost one bass that looked like a two pounder when he threw the little hook. Caught a couple that were around
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: Should I turn off daytime aeration? by DrLuke @ Yesterday at 07:59 PM

Do you have a way of measuring the water temp in your pond? Daytime aeration in warm weather can raise the average temp of your pond, and cooler water preferring species like WE and YP can get stressed (or potentially die) in too warm of water.
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Should I turn off daytime aeration? by bigbambo @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Hello, my 3/4 acre pond in Northern Ohio has WE, YP, RES, GSH, Bluntnose & Spotfin minnows. Built in the fall of 09, I have never turned off my windmill aerator. I've read a few post that promote evening aeration during the summer and would lik
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from Maryland by mbunimog @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

Thanks. The old pond on the property is very old and has 100 ft trees growing on the dam slope some of them dead. The overflow pipe buried in the dam is corroded and shortened by several feet. The trees will have to come out to restore the dam int
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Construction Cost by Snicholas @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

Thank you all. That’s very helpful. Gives me a general idea.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: One and done game feeders by teehjaeh57 @ Yesterday at 06:20 PM

I have no experience with this feeder, however I've tried multiple feeder manufacturers and my original TH continues to run without fail going on season 10. I've purchased or been gifted 5 other feeders during that time for half the cost of a TH uni
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: A couple questionable fish by GAPRanch @ Yesterday at 05:33 PM

Thanks. I think that's good advice. They're fun to catch. haven't cooked any yet but when I manage to catch enough in one sitting I am looking forward to it.
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by DrLuke @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: canyoncreek You would probably know, as long as I have a mallard duck pair on the pond will I not get a wood duck pair to join them? I know people wait many years to get wood ducks and my pond is a long shot due to activity aro
Identifying plants
Jump to new posts Re: Plant Identification by bobbyc @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

Thanks for the AquaPlant aquatic plant id site "ewest"! I have something that I've never seen in my pond and I've had it for over 20 years. From the pics on the link to the AquaPlant aquatic plant id site, I assume it may be "Common S
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Stocked Bream pond. When to add Bass?? by Jtparker779 @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

What size bass would you add and when? Again, the BG are 2-4” right now.
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by canyoncreek @ Yesterday at 04:36 PM

Bryan, thanks for the update! Sounds awesome all the fun you get by your pond! Sounds like you need to patrol the area regularly and get some game cameras with the trespassers there. You would probably know, as long as I have a mallard duck pair o
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: A couple questionable fish by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

What you have is some dandy sized green sunfish. They have erratic spawns so shouldn't overload the pond. Bass can pretty well over run anything less than an acre and stunt, Also, it takes Bluegills to spawn enough to feed bass. Heck, I'd leave wel
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: One and done game feeders by blavis @ Yesterday at 04:17 PM

Anybody?
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Stocked Bream pond. When to add Bass?? by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 04:11 PM

I would PROBABLY add about 50 bass, maybe 100. The trick is to have enough predators that they could concentrate on the small BG leaving a slot for only the bigger ones. However, at some point some of the bass will always get big enough to get some o
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Feeders and bears by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

I remember a picture somewhere showing a feeder hanging on a big rope or cable over a pond. Next pic showed a bear hanging by all four feet at the feeder.
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts A couple questionable fish by GAPRanch @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

I've owned this pond for about a year and only fished it a little.I was told that it went dry in the 2011 Texas drought and hasn't been restocked since. These fish are 7"-9" I'd guess. I've heard them called all sorts of things. I just call
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration questions by blkandst @ Yesterday at 03:36 PM

I figured out my pond is about 5,186,160 gallons. 3 regular vertex diffusers will give me almost that (8ft average) in a 24 hour period. So 6 diffusers should put me turning my pond over twice in a 24 hour period. Is my pump enough to handle that?
Jump to new posts Re: Other Hobbies by RStringer @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

Now that wud be pretty damn coo to look thrur
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Today's Birthdays
acmbusiness, Dantheman
Recent Posts
Minnow species?
by roundy
32 minutes 7 seconds ago
Other Hobbies
by Pat Williamson