Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
deewayne2003, John Rolfe, B-rad, Cheryll, Steve Smewing
15415 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15416 Members
36 Forums
35566 Topics
484954 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24027
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19348
Dave Davidson1 13377
Bill Cody 12367
Who's Online
15 registered (airborne3118, John Fitzgerald, Bobbss, anthropic, snrub, tommyt, Redonthehead, highflyer, Zep, hawkeyes, Shorty, teehjaeh57, RGC3, Pat Williamson, Mike Whatley), 215 Guests and 458 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo. by Bobbss @ 28 minutes 10 seconds ago

Mike,the well will cost a lot, so I probably won't be able to do it till we build.I also need to know where the house will set for sure before drilling a well.I know the back of the house will only be about a 100' from the pond, but may be moved 50'-
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Female only LMB concept debunked? by anthropic @ 38 minutes 48 seconds ago

Fascinating discussion between Supreme Pondmeister Bob Lusk and Shawn (? last name) of American Sportfisheries on the FB broadcast yesterday. They agreed that the female only concept sounds good in theory, but practice is something else. As Bob put
Fly Fishing & Other Fish Species
Jump to new posts Re: Hungry Red Ear by Shorty @ Today at 10:12 PM

I'm not surprised, the RES I had in my aquarium a few years ago loved eating FHM although 2-1/2" was about the upper limit of what they would eat. They would try to eat longer ones but would spit them out if they couldn't get their mouth closed.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Bird leg fish transport by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 08:57 PM

Make it tequila and Iíll join.
Jump to new posts Re: Hungry Red Ear by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 08:50 PM

Thatís what I call ambition and over achiever
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: JHAP's tips for new forum members.. by CMM @ Today at 08:00 PM

How, oh how did I miss this for so many years? Funny and informative all at once. Thanks JHAP
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Newbie to this Forum by Bill Cody @ Today at 07:53 PM

Only one windmill in a 1.8 acre pond will not adequately mix that size of pond. At the very best one windmill mixes acceptable amount for 0.5-0.7 ac. From my limited experience with spring fed ponds they rarely winter kill which depends a lot on amou
Jump to new posts Re: Hungry Red Ear by CMM @ Today at 07:46 PM

Thanks John, the photo quality was pure luck!
Need someone to hold your beer while you try that generator thing out? I've heard they work better while standing in the water. We need video's. Back when I was young hand crank generators were still fairly readily available by tearing one out of
Jump to new posts Re: Hungry Red Ear by snrub @ Today at 07:34 PM

Nice shot of it in the water like that.
Jump to new posts Hungry Red Ear by CMM @ Today at 07:20 PM

A couple of pictures of a little RE who must have been hungry. It hit a tinsel minnow pattern fly that was 2.5" long.
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Good Source/Right herbicide by CMM @ Today at 07:10 PM

Shadow, First, make sure of what type of weed you have. Take some good, clear, close up photos, best on a white background and post them if you can. Some types of chemicals work better than others on different types of vegetation. There are some p
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: Tadpoles by Centrarchid @ Today at 06:50 PM

I do not think it is an American Bullfrog tadpole based on coloration. It also differs from typical Green Frog tadpoles I see routinely in ponds. Others to consider include one of the leopard frogs as well as the Bronze Frog that is a close relativ
Jump to new posts Re: Never been much for fishing, but maybe someday.... by Mike Whatley @ Today at 05:54 PM

I'm thinking seriously about getting me a hand crank generator and finding out just whats swimming around my pond. Its too deep to be very productive with a cast net. The spawning area is about the only place it may work, but thats where all the stru
Jump to new posts Re: Never been much for fishing, but maybe someday.... by John Fitzgerald @ Today at 05:45 PM

I wish I could learn to throw a cast net. I have spent hours and hours trying from time to time, but it usually lands in a heap. About one out of 10 throws is good.
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Good Source/Right herbicide by The Shadow @ Today at 05:44 PM

So last 2 years I have been trying out how to maintain a pond. Playing around with sealing the pond naturally, controlling Green Sunfish, etc. Last year I let it dry up, cleaned it out, and now I have a really clear water pond, that holds water lik
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Cloverleaf won't catch BHC by Mike Whatley @ Today at 04:38 PM

I doubt seriously I'll ever see a truly balanced pond. Heck, I got no idea how many pan fish or BH I actually have. All I can do is go by what I see in the shallows and when I feed. I do know the LMB seem to have adjusted to their new home. I see th
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo. by Mike Whatley @ Today at 04:23 PM

Heck Bob, if you're planning on building on the property anyway, instead of putting $ into clearing ground to improve watershed, I think I'd invest in the well now instead!! I was really tempted to (and may still yet) tie into mine and route waterlin
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Pond not filling up? by Matzilla @ Today at 03:55 PM

How's it doing this week? haha! As much as 3.5" in the last 24hrs, and 7" in the last 5 days.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Bird leg fish transport by Bob-O @ Today at 03:49 PM

I'm in.
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Legal Question by Zep @ Today at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: BassackwardsIf something can't be put into deed about controlling water interest than im out and ill just keep fishing it all and maybe go bass boat shopping for the big lake. If there was one thing I could change about my prop
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: To use Japanese Beetles as feed OR not? by John Fitzgerald @ Today at 02:39 PM

They have been active here for over a week. The season for them usually lasts about five weeks here. I cannot recall seeing any after July.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: To use Japanese Beetles as feed OR not? by snrub @ Today at 02:18 PM

The beetles are already active. Found several bunches of them last week.
Kind of the same story in my 1/20th acre forage pond. I don't electrofish it but throw cast net. RES are relatively hard to catch by hook and line yet by cast net I have removed several hundred fingerlings and several larger sizes. Shorty is about t
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: To use Japanese Beetles as feed OR not? by John Fitzgerald @ Today at 02:09 PM

Have you done a trial feeding with some Japanese beetles? Try to catch maybe 20 or 30 in a jar, then put a little water in the jar to wet their wings, then throw them out to test. Sometimes my BG don't eat them very fast, they don't seem interested
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >
Today's Birthdays
benji havens
Recent Posts
New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo.
by Bobbss
19 minutes 25 seconds ago
Female only LMB concept debunked?
by anthropic
30 minutes 3 seconds ago
Hungry Red Ear
by Shorty
Today at 10:12 PM
Bird leg fish transport
by Dave Davidson1
Today at 08:57 PM
JHAP's tips for new forum members..
by CMM
Today at 08:00 PM
Newbie to this Forum
by Bill Cody
Today at 07:53 PM
Never been much for fishing, but maybe someday....
by snrub
Today at 07:46 PM
Good Source/Right herbicide
by CMM
Today at 07:10 PM
Tadpoles
by Centrarchid
Today at 06:50 PM
Cloverleaf won't catch BHC
by Mike Whatley
Today at 04:38 PM
Newly Uploaded Images