Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ref, Criegg, KarenJ, LTB__123, s14kev
15896 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15897 Members
36 Forums
36506 Topics
497287 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24033
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19781
Dave Davidson1 13782
Bill Cody 12769
Who's Online
17 registered (anthropic, Ibanez540r, RKim, Vortex 4, Bill Cody, Zep, ShaneM, JohnR, Bobbss, Brad346, SetterGuy, SteelersFan, Pat Williamson, highflyer, Jimmi, Shorty, KingRace78), 209 Guests and 205 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: Stocking pond with fathead minnows by Ibanez540r @ 7 minutes 55 seconds ago

I sent an email to Jones this afternoon about your info and being able to stock them. Waiting for a reply.
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Polaris and surfactant mix rate by Bill Cody @ 13 minutes 21 seconds ago

Instructions for water lily indicate a 1% solution of Polaris which equates to 1.3oz per gallon of water. For some of the other tougher vegetation such as spatterdock, they suggest a 1.5% solution which is 1.9oz per gallon of water. Instructions sugg
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: Biggest fish to date! by JohnR @ 17 minutes 54 seconds ago

Just watched this video - now I'm thinking about how to catch some tiny bg's, lol . Never tried to catch small ones before! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLs30N_1tnQ
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: One and done game feeders by Brad346 @ 24 minutes 1 second ago

Bears are an issue for me. Does anyone use a TH in bear country?
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: SMB recruit? by Pat Williamson @ Today at 08:44 PM

Tell him good job Bill! Bet it is a recruit
Controlling unwanted plants
Jump to new posts Re: Green slime - newbie question by Bill D. @ Today at 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmaster61Make it easy on yourself right now before it gets out of control....it will give you time to decide if you can do something more permanent. go to coppersulfatecrystals.com (they also sell on Amazon now) and get the
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: Gypsum by Pat Williamson @ Today at 05:46 PM

Check with local feed stores that sell bulk lime by the truckload and will deliver and back up to pond and sling it in. ( itís how they disperse to fields). 360$ for six tons , Iím 25 miles from them Have your water tested first!
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: Sharing Alkalinity and pH-what does it mean. by Mike Whatley @ Today at 04:57 PM

I've always wondered about the correlation between Alk and PH. I added 500 pounds of aglime last spring and that only brought my Alk to 40. My hardness is still zero, but my PH stays around 7.4. I use a litmus stick to check Alk (which also checks PH
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: 1/4 Acre Pond - Filling question by Criegg @ Today at 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1Heck, why not give it shot I was hoping someone else has done what i'm thinking of doing and confirms it works. I'd hate to waste the money on a irrigation well if the pond evaporates faster than the water going
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Tires for structure? by teehjaeh57 @ Today at 04:31 PM

I use tires to as FHM spawning structure set in 1-3' depths in a few ponds. PVC also works well for FHM spawns and both last forever vs. pallets or shake shingles.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration System suppliers by gregory @ Today at 03:52 PM

Thank you Bocomo
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: TFS time? by anthropic @ Today at 03:51 PM

I like everything except maybe the need to harvest even more LMB. But they are pretty aggressive, and either people or the raccoons will eat them.
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Stocked Bream pond. When to add Bass?? by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 03:35 PM

I would add 3 to 4 inch bass. I once bought 100 one to 1.5 inch bass for a creek on my property. I acclimated them and then ease them into the water. I was watching 2 of them that were side by side. Suddenly there was only one with half the other o
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Otter invasion by Augie @ Today at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BocomoAugie, we found mountain lion tracks in the fresh snow down by the creek at our place Christmas 2017. We raise sheep so you can guess how we felt about that. Yep. There have been multiple lion encounters in our neighbo
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Algae issue! by SetterGuy @ Today at 12:45 PM

Absolutely! Thatís why I think they should allow stocking. Everything else theyíve tried like that has blown up in their face with out of control growth.
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: Should I turn off daytime aeration? by Mike Whatley @ Today at 10:15 AM

I'd leave it where it is and take some readings first. See if you have a thermocline in your deepest area they can retreat to. If you dont have a thermocline, then you can adjust run schedule and duration accordingly.
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by Mike Whatley @ Today at 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: TGW1I took my wood duck boxes down at the pond because my lmb grew larger and I like baby ducks. I could see one of those lmb gulping down a baby duck or two. So plans are to add the boxes to the bayou that runs through part o
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: Good LMB caught yesterday.... by Tbar @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Great fish.....!!!
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: LMB, Circle Hooks, & Live Bait by Jimmi @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Thanks fellas. I was sampling the lower end of the food chain last night using a rooster-tail when I hooked a small BG. While reeling it in, one of the big boys grabbed it and took off. Pole doubled over and line stripping but that tiny treble was a
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: HBD Sprkplug! by canyoncreek @ Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Ditto from me Tony, You have been most helpful on fish related advise and small engine advice. I was in an elevator on spring break in St. Louis and couldn't help wondering if this was the kind of elevators that you service. I wondered how far yo
Jump to new posts Re: Will winter kill fish sink? by teehjaeh57 @ Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Vast majority of morts sink...many that float and make it to shore are harvested by scavengers overnight, so it's hard to determine the extent of a kill event if judging by floating morts. I'd guess less than 10% of morts would ever be witnessed bas
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Deteriorating overflow pipe by JohnR @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

#lovinpondlife Stepped outside for a few minutes. Love working from home. Skinny one, but not the only one today
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Enough Aeration / Calculation? by Journeyman @ Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Ibanez, Did you get it going yet? How's it working for you?
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Theo Gallus! by ewest @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

2 pics to celebrate Tís birthday - Bucket structure placement by Theo
Jump to new posts Re: My ponds seem to be fishless.... by ewest @ Yesterday at 11:38 AM

You would be better off spending the $ on adult forage fish (Tilapia , BG etc.). Need to be sure what and how many you have now , first.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Today's Birthdays
jeffreythree, ShortCut
Recent Posts
Stocking pond with fathead minnows
by Ibanez540r
6 minutes 39 seconds ago
Polaris and surfactant mix rate
by Bill Cody
12 minutes 5 seconds ago
Biggest fish to date!
by JohnR
16 minutes 38 seconds ago
One and done game feeders
by Brad346
22 minutes 45 seconds ago
On Mutt Pond
by Pat Williamson
Today at 08:44 PM
Green slime - newbie question
by Bill D.
Today at 07:58 PM
Gypsum
by Pat Williamson
Today at 05:46 PM
Sharing Alkalinity and pH-what does it mean.
by Mike Whatley
Today at 04:57 PM
1/4 Acre Pond - Filling question
by Criegg
Today at 04:35 PM
Tires for structure?
by teehjaeh57
Today at 04:31 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Help with defuser placement
Long Pond
Getting the Wood Puck houses done