Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Lou Schaufele, JCWDUCK, !#!#!#!, Matt1414, BobMoff
15656 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15656 Members
36 Forums
36031 Topics
490226 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24029
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19537
Dave Davidson1 13567
Bill Cody 12471
Who's Online
4 registered (John Fitzgerald, dhadam, scott69, wbuffetjr), 131 Guests and 477 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: What are the chances? by snrub @ Today at 12:36 PM

From what I have read GC are more likely to go with the flow than some other fish. I have had one large one that I know of go over the overflow. Can you check in the grass for one stranded or remains? Or would it connect with other waters?
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Lunker trauma! Sure didn't know this! by Shorty @ Today at 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: TGW1Bob Lusk says moving large lmb to a new place they will not adapt and lose weight. Some do adapt, some don't.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Fall feeding by Papa Bear @ Today at 09:55 AM

I don't know how to post a new thread and this question seems close to mine. I didn't see there are any responses, but that may be me not knowing how to see them. I have a five acre pond, should be around 20 deep in the middle. Stocked 40+ yrs ago wi
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: State record Green Sunfish one day maybe... by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 07:27 AM

John, a gsf is a mutt. How do you get a pure mutt? I have no idea how to identify whether it is a gen1.
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: RESxGSF hybrid by snrub @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

My forage pond is only 1/20th acre and very fertile. Every fall I reduce the biomass so the remaining fish will make it through the winter well and have room to grow the next spring. I accomplish this by trapping, angling and cast net over a period
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: A pond dedicated to Redear Sunfish by snrub @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

Well the sun came out and the fish were biting in this RES/SMB pond for a few minutes. Then they started ignoring me again. Caught three in a few minutes then nothing for the next hour. Oh well. Water is so clear I can see lots and lots of 4-6"
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Kansas Pond by snrub @ Yesterday at 01:03 PM

I think Hartleys is a good source of fish. Another positive is the fish will be raised and acclimated specifically for your latitude. I know Bob Lusk told me in the distant past he has bought a lot of fish from Hartleys back before he had closer sou
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from Central Texas by bigpullerman @ Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Welcome to the forum and you will find lots of good info here.
Jump to new posts Re: Howdy from Texas by bigpullerman @ Yesterday at 12:38 PM

Welcome aboard sir.
Jump to new posts Re: Hi, everyone! by bigpullerman @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Welcome and you can learn a lot from these guys here.
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts A lure you can make from another by SENKOSAM @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

I posted different lure designs that fish bite. Here's one you can make using a pair of scissors: original worm: curl tail cut off and tail cut to 2" and rigged on a light jig say 1/16 or 1/24 oz. Just make sure the the worm is thin and tap
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: Amazing the variety of soft plastic fish attack by SENKOSAM @ Yesterday at 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: canyoncreekmini-stick? clear? Normal size bass stick bait: Mini-sticks: I used the bottom stick rigged on a 1/32 oz jig under a float and caught panfish yesterday. The two above it also worked using 1/32, 1/24 and 1/16 o
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: New pond construction diary by Keaton72 @ Yesterday at 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill D.Hi Keaton, I look forward to following along on your pond journey! I do have one question. What are you going to do with all that extra dirt once you dig it from the pond site? I was wanting to make a small hill on t
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday LeighAnn!! by DannyMac @ Yesterday at 08:08 AM

Happy Birthday!
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: New Pond - Starting Construction by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 06:52 AM

Eric West, Ewest here, has some pretty good pics. Hope he sees this. I like artificial structure leading from deeper water to shallow. Humps, ridges, etc all seem to erode over time. I also use cedar trees in shallower water. They seem to disappear i
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Bedding Fish by anthropic @ Yesterday at 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Quarter AcreOriginally Posted By: !#!#!#!I never do it and after watching Pond Boss video on how rare large bass are, I most definitely wouldn't do it. Did I miss the memo? Large LMB aren't rare. I don't understand. I'm all
Should I aerate?
Do you have any sort of dock or deck that jets into the pond? I am in mid, lower Michigan, around Midland, we have a fishing deck that I run the aeration right at the deck in about 2-3 feet of water, and close down the two I have in deeper water for
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: One acre pond on hillside by unclewilco @ 10/19/18 04:42 PM

jludwig and Redonthehead: Good suggestions from the NRCS. Just paid the office a visit. St. Charles, MO county requires 2 permits. One for land disturbance. The other for construction. And yes y'all are right, I need to stay below 35 ft, but us
Today's Birthdays
Taweesak
Recent Posts
What are the chances?
by snrub
Today at 12:36 PM
Lunker trauma! Sure didn't know this!
by Shorty
Today at 12:11 PM
Fall feeding
by Papa Bear
Today at 09:55 AM
State record Green Sunfish one day maybe...
by Dave Davidson1
Today at 07:27 AM
RESxGSF hybrid
by snrub
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
A pond dedicated to Redear Sunfish
by snrub
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Kansas Pond
by snrub
Yesterday at 01:03 PM
Hello from Central Texas
by bigpullerman
Yesterday at 12:39 PM
Howdy from Texas
by bigpullerman
Yesterday at 12:38 PM
Hi, everyone!
by bigpullerman
Yesterday at 12:36 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Cant seem to Identify what this is.  Any thoughts?
Evaluating and adjusting Fish populations and ID
Vegetation ID
Our new pond
CNBG
My Best Longear so far

2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide