Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
jsaw, Rakene, Rocko, LarryZ88, HuntBuds
15775 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15776 Members
36 Forums
36287 Topics
494486 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24032
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19700
Dave Davidson1 13693
Bill Cody 12688
Who's Online
9 registered (catmandoo, Snipe, bpool, Bobbss, Pat Williamson, hawkeyes, teehjaeh57, bigpullerman, RSF), 114 Guests and 435 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: catching crawfish in traps by Snipe @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

I'd bet the Ox Bows are a good place.. Maybe near an "In or out" flow but in slow or non flowing water. Everybody uses different types of bait in the trap but several of us out here use garter snakes in the traps..haven't found anything tha
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: ODD thing: by Snipe @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

I seen this on many, MANY occasions in LMB when I lived on Texoma. As Flame stated, this seems to be somewhat common in southern waters, I have never seen this in LMB in Kansas. I remember a few on Grand lake o the Cherokees as well..Only pre-spawn t
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Large Hoop Earrings by Abadonger @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM

One of the sexiest and most feminine trends this season - large hoop earrings. fashion jewelry They can look super classy and elegant or very daring and sexy depending on your outfit and occasion. Hoop earrings could be appropriate for any kind of oc
Corrective stocking
Jump to new posts Re: flathead catfish declining? by mattmonster1991 @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

do you think that someone can fish a creek/small river out? my local resivour feeds it and it runs into another bigger river was curious if i should watch what i harvest from it? not sure how fishing creeks work i know n lakes u gotta watch certain f
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Redear??? by Vortex 4 @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

Redears are fond of snails. Snails are a vector for Bird->snail->fish->bird->... parasites. So redear are recommended to reduce parasites. Pretty much standard in BG LMB ponds.
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by Bob-O @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Pat, that is great. They sat that a pic is worth a thousand words. I say a C&R of a fish like that to pass on it's genes is worth a thousand pics. Ya done good !!!
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: when do you start your feeders? by Flame @ Yesterday at 05:44 PM

I bought this last battery at tractor supply. The one before was just at our local lumber company but they were out right now. My TH feeder uses the 12 volt and I seem to average 2 years out of one no matter what brand. Generics work fine. As mention
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Happy B-day by Bill D. @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

HBD Kelly! Hope you have a great one! Always look forward to your words of wisdom!
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: For all you romantic types by Augie @ Yesterday at 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob-O DD, my problem is they won't give me any meds. Back in the day they'd have given you the red-hot poker treatment.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Water Clarity of new pond by bcraley @ Yesterday at 11:50 AM

Thank you! The one time we actually had about 3 weeks of no significant rain... I think it was early Oct. the water cleared to about 18". So I guess... I wait and keep working on the grass.
Image Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Hello From Lufkin Texas! by Flame @ Yesterday at 08:34 AM

very nice, We are in Sabine county in Pineland Texas. We are neighbors!!
Product sources
Jump to new posts Re: Finding a Hatchery that sells Bluegill SE Iowa by SetterGuy @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

NEMO bait and fishery in Perry MO has been good to work with for me. http://stockalake.com/index.html
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Shallow Pond Aeration by jsaw @ Yesterday at 08:07 AM

I believe it gets close to freezing solid. I would like to eventually have fish in it so I would like to keep it open. The fountain option I would look at. Thanks.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Cold rainy days by bigpullerman @ Yesterday at 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1Get a 3 or 4 inch bluegill. That works. Actually, I doubt that I've ever seen a pond that was truly balanced after the first couple of years. With all the reading that I have done that is exactly what I see. It i
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: North East Texas property with pond for sale by Dave Davidson1 @ Yesterday at 05:50 AM

Neat looking place
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: Stocking Scuds and Shrimp by anthropic @ 02/14/19 10:04 PM

Thanks! Like PK shrimp, they seem quite hardy. Definitely smaller than PK, which means scuds could be forage for smaller fish. Unless someone here can come up with a good reason not to add scuds, I'll probably do it.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: more dead bluegill by jpsdad @ 02/14/19 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: snrubSnipe I am no pro but have been reading on this forum for a few years and manage 5 ponds of my own.... Stocking a relative small number of BG can actually lead to more fish rather than less. In some very old research pap
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Fla Hybrid LMB in Northern Ponds by ewest @ 02/14/19 04:42 PM

North American Journal of Fisheries Management 28:516522, 2008 Copyright by the American Fisheries Society 2008 Physiological and ecological differences among FLMB, NLMB, and their hybrids have been documented. For example, they exhibited differ
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo. by Bobbss @ 02/14/19 01:14 PM

Jeff, glad to hear your pond is full!I hope I can say the same one day. Lol! I'll be glad when all this ice stuff is over. Lol!
Today's Birthdays
BrimBoy, Kelly Duffie, STRIZZO
Recent Posts
catching crawfish in traps
by Snipe
3 minutes 33 seconds ago
ODD thing:
by Snipe
28 minutes 46 seconds ago
Large Hoop Earrings
by Abadonger
Today at 10:19 PM