Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
wannapond0001, gameP, Oddo, Marizanne, JPL
15701 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15701 Members
36 Forums
36150 Topics
492050 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24029
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19619
Dave Davidson1 13629
Bill Cody 12550
Who's Online
1 registered (dreams of ponds), 67 Guests and 379 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Help finding TJ's SMB spawning structures? by Snipe @ Today at 12:18 AM

WoW!!!! Thanks Shorty! That was fast.. Appreciate that. I'm only 4-5 months into this and it seems my 3-5" rubble is "blending" into bottom.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: PB Magazine arrived! by Bing @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

My November / December issue just arrived yesterday. I understand it was mailed on November 5. Five weeks ago.
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Oily Surface on Pond by Bocomo @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Try feeding the ducks in a tray OUTSIDE of the fountain. That will reduce the nutrient load somewhat.
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Using tarp for structure? by Quarter Acre @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

I see where your trying to get to and I do not think that tarp strips would be all that great compared to other non-natural items like rolls of old hog-wire fencing, sunken pallets, and cinder blocks, But, IF you could come up with a tarp that is ma
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Contractor in Dayton OH area recommendation by wannapond0001 @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

I guess they use the dig and pray method. I read about the guy that build his 2.5 acre pond with his skid loader. I might be in the market for one soon at this rate.
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday DonoBBD! by Bob-O @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Hey man, wanted to be sure Dono got the point. Also some folks(Sunil) are a bit dense and have to be told twice. You didn't need two commas, skip the one, behind jeez,
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Contractors in the Houston Area by LeighAnn @ Yesterday at 10:16 AM

Contact Clint Steffens at Conservation INC. He's located in Sealy TX 281-435-1667
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Non fed ponds by anthropic @ 12/10/18 10:44 PM

Aside from the advantages for the fishery, feeding is incredibly entertaining. My wife & grandkids have a blast watching the fish do their thing right next to them on the dock. So do I!
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Aeration - Do I need it if fed by a creek? by 4CornersPuddle @ 12/10/18 10:07 PM

JJB, how thick is your ice? Are you eager to get out there for some hard water fishing?
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Help me build a 4 acre pond! by Bham @ 12/10/18 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: anthropicOriginally Posted By: Bill D.I know turtles will use floating islands but will geese? I have four floating islands and rarely see geese use them. No nests, either. So tell me about these floating islands
Fly Fishing & Other Fish Species
Jump to new posts Re: Long-time stocked rainbows by 4CornersPuddle @ 12/10/18 10:03 PM

Fivealive, my trout experiences are similar. I've added 10 to 20 RNBT, BRNT, and TT (acronym for tiger trout?) for several years. After some harvest, there then may only be 1, 2, or 3 left alive and on 1 or 2 floaters. I don't know where they go. Osp
Hall of Fame
Jump to new posts Re: Hall of Fame 2018 by Pond Boss @ 12/10/18 07:29 PM

Lovnlivin!! Thank you very, very much for SECOND time this year!! Your support of the Pond Boss Forum is greatly appreciated!!
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: Alum Kicks Clay Butt! by Rainman @ 12/10/18 04:56 PM

Contact Bill Cody here on the forum...He is an expert on algae and can tell you how to send him a sample for analysis.
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: Concrete tailings?? by Snipe @ 12/10/18 02:39 PM

I went and got a gallon can to let my extension guys get me a sample. All good points guys. Thanks.
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: Leak in pond by Carpman @ 12/10/18 02:00 PM

OK I figured that was the solution. I'm just going to rent a mini and do it myself. I need to cut down the 2 trees in question also. Thanks for the help.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Surprise by Bob-O @ 12/10/18 12:27 PM

Bill D, I DON'T!!! There are enough lurkin around the pool. I have had to retire ye ol camo speedo. Wearin that thing made the BH more pesky than Mosquitoes in December.
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Restoring a bluegill pond by snrub @ 12/10/18 10:59 AM

Good luck with the fishing and be careful.
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: 1st full pool since 4/13/18 by Mike Whatley @ 12/10/18 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1Mike, it is said that bigger fish try to go upstream in an overflow. I've always thought that some will go out but not a noticeable amount. Guess I'll have to start watching the neighbor's yard then. That's wher
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Posts
Help finding TJ's SMB spawning structures?
by Snipe
Today at 12:18 AM
PB Magazine arrived!
by Bing
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Oily Surface on Pond
by Bocomo
Yesterday at 03:17 PM
Using tarp for structure?
by Quarter Acre
Yesterday at 02:20 PM
Contractor in Dayton OH area recommendation
by wannapond0001
Yesterday at 02:05 PM
Happy Birthday DonoBBD!
by Bob-O
Yesterday at 12:37 PM
Contractors in the Houston Area
by LeighAnn
Yesterday at 10:16 AM
Non fed ponds
by anthropic
12/10/18 10:44 PM
Winter Aeration - Do I need it if fed by a creek?
by 4CornersPuddle
12/10/18 10:07 PM
Help me build a 4 acre pond!
by Bham
12/10/18 10:05 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Pond site
Pond dig
My recent haul
Hello From Lufkin Texas!
Cant seem to Identify what this is.  Any thoughts?
Evaluating and adjusting Fish populations and ID

2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide