Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mark Hopper, ValleyLake, JB2, VCooper, Lando
15282 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15282 Members
36 Forums
35264 Topics
481513 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24018
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19219
Dave Davidson1 13264
Theo Gallus 12352
Who's Online
2 registered (Dave Davidson1, TGW1), 63 Guests and 454 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: BING ALERT!!!! by Dave Davidson1 @ 51 seconds ago

Fred, hope for a speedy recovery.
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday Theo Gallus by Dave Davidson1 @ 3 minutes 23 seconds ago

Enjoy today Steve
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Excited to be a new member by snrub @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

Welcome to PBF!
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Water test numbers by Mark Hopper @ Yesterday at 09:40 PM

This is my first post here and maybe a little lengthy. I fish in a private lake, 130 acres. I pretty much have it to myself. It was drained and restocked in January of 2013. At that time all remaining fish were killed for a true restart. It was
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Tea colored water by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

They swim like Daphnia (aka water fleas).
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Need aeriation system by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

FYI a 3/8" threaded nipple can serve as a 5/8" hose barb because the OD of a 3/8" nipple is 5/8".
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: Finally managed to clear my pond using Alum by BigSteve @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

Good to know. Maybe I could have gotten away with 50#. My intention is to not worry about it for a couple years, or until the water becomes an issue again. The big plus right now is tonight the fish fed normally after a few days of being 'off'. I
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Tagging fish by CMM @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

That is the part of the tag that has the number on it.. If cut off, a person would not have information on individual fish.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: When do I increase pellet size? by FireIsHot @ Yesterday at 05:07 PM

Not real scientific, but I test throw fish food to find the current preferred food size. IIRC, a red plastic solo cup holds 7oz (give or take a few grams) of Cargill fish food regardless of the pellet sizes. I'll mix 2 sizes in the cup, throw the fo
Water chemistry
Jump to new posts Re: What Pond Parameters do you Test? by ColdSpringsFarm @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Quarter AcreWater hardness, got it. Is that KH and GH? or just KH? I'm no expert, but I've done a lot of reading the last few months. I think that makes me a "know it all". ;-) KH = Carbonate Hardness, which as I und
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: GBH by John Fitzgerald @ Yesterday at 04:51 PM

Our border collie will happily run them off, but the pond isn't inside the fenced yard. She almost always goes with me to the pond, and had some fun the other day running off some determined geese.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Another Pond Sealing Situation by Bobbss @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

DrewG,I'm kind of in the same boat as you.My pond was built last August and we went straight into a 6 month long draught, before I got any real rain.Mine has never been anywhere near full yet and doesn't drop as fast as yours but drops to fast to sto
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Popeye problem in bream? by Quarter Acre @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

"Popeye" is actually the common name for exophthalmia (from my old fish aquarium days). I assume you know this or you accidentally guessed it by the fish's appearance. I don't think it is actually caught or contagious, but more of a sympt
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Cormorants discouraged...for now by ryjohn @ Yesterday at 01:57 PM

We're probably nearing (or at) the day where you could program one to do it automatically and return periodically to its charge pad
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: HBG lifespan by canyoncreek @ Yesterday at 01:09 PM

photobucket works fine, post away!
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Dreams Crushed...Now What? by ewest @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

I am not at all sure HSB can control hybrid crappie. The are not like HBG in reproductive ability. See yellow below. Evaluation of F1 Hybrid Crappies as Sport Fish in Small Impoundments MICHAEL L. HOOE and D. HOMER BUCK Illinois Natural History Sur
Building a dam
Jump to new posts Re: New Pond Construction In Jefferson Co, Mo. by Bobbss @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Thanks Guys!I sure haven't seen as much rain this Spring as I thought I would so far. I don't want to spend to much on this, if I do it, since I can only get so much water out of the old pond.I also can't set up anything to permanent right now becaus
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Re: Hunting 2017/2018 by RAH @ Yesterday at 08:44 AM

Not sure if I ever posted on sighting in the 270 Tikka T3X that I bought. Actually, a good buddy came over and did the break-in, cleaning, and sighting in with 14 shots. After he was done, I took 6 shots at 100 yards with non-premium ammo. I pulle
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Pelicans in Northeast Missouri on a 40 degree day? by Shorty @ Yesterday at 06:35 AM

We have a bunch of them at a local lake right now here in Nebraska, check out their breeding range. https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/American_White_Pelican/maps-range
Today's Birthdays
CLB, jandwlafrenz, npaden, sprkplug, Theo Gallus
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Theo Gallus
by Dave Davidson1
1 minute 26 seconds ago
Excited to be a new member
by snrub
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
BING ALERT!!!!
by catmandoo
Yesterday at 10:14 PM