Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
nogoer, Jillayne, Jack Sasquatch, Drake1028, Michael78
16027 Registered Users
Forum Stats
16027 Members
36 Forums
36758 Topics
500473 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24033
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19847
Dave Davidson1 13875
Bill Cody 12817
Who's Online
3 registered (Clay N' Pray, wbuffetjr, dreams of ponds), 67 Guests and 539 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wildlife Management
Jump to new posts Oversized Cloverleaf trap? by Clay N' Pray @ 1 minute 19 seconds ago

My CC are near harvest size (1.5-2lb) and I am contemplating ways to harvest them without R&R. I'd like to trap them so they are waiting when I get home. Has anyone ever used a big cloverleaf? I have a normal sized cloverleaf perch trap that wor
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Young YP..Is this possible??? by Snipe @ Today at 02:30 AM

I can understand the possibility of 1-2 females having the urge to fill a gap. Something has to trigger that. It also has to simultaneously trigger the males to the same condition. In WAE, I've seen at least 2 instances where an unbalanced population
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: Wetland/forage pond and mosquito management by ShortCut @ Today at 01:22 AM

Observing FH in the entirety of the 2ac wetland/forage/sediment pond. Catching lots of BH YOY that washed in from neighboring ponds. No mosquito larva though! Our valley has incredible topsoil that our dirt guy loves since his yard is only 5mi away.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Length, weight, and age of SMB by 4CornersPuddle @ Today at 12:59 AM

Thanks, Snipe, for posting this smallmouth link. Fantastic stuff. I'm mentally ready to eliminate the last few LMB in my pond and switch to smallies.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Mudcat Problem by ShortCut @ Today at 12:24 AM

The new cloverleaf with smaller openings is catching many more YOY BH. So far I've removed 17 adults and 35 YOY. 12 tonight in the forage pond/wetkand/sediment trap in just a few hours. Also catching GSF that are 3-6in, golden shiners and a few more
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Overpopulated Bass, Few Bluegill and Giant Catfish by 4CornersPuddle @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Welcome back to posting SWMO 2. I've just reread your entire thread, and agree you have a difficult and very interesting road ahead of you. Those big (20+ pounds-yikes!) catfish seem to me to be the first problem to address. You have been going at i
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: How hot is too hot? by Mike Whatley @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

If it keeps going the way it has been, QA, I may have to shut my bottom aeration down completely myself. Just go with my surface fountain and let the deep stratify until it cools off again. A little DO is better than none at all. JKS...Last year, be
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Pig pen contamination by Joey Quarry @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Four pigs and 250', I don't think you'll have many issues other than phytoplankton and algae. If it was a "hose" that ruptured, chances are the flow rate was low, probably 5-25 gallons per minute. Max, that is 9,000 gallons if it leaked f
Soil questions
Jump to new posts Re: Waited 14 years by Tony K @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

We had 3.3 inches of rain last night, pond came up about 2 feet and still rising so the results of soilfloc treatment will be on hold until pond stabilizes.I am thankful for the rain, I was getting worried about making it thru the summer. Of course I
Jump to new posts Re: My front yard cow pond by Augie @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

The fishery outfit my local guy works with has been too far behind to get to my piddly order, so I took matters into my own hands today. Called NEMO to see if they had any RES. "Yes, we do have RES. How many would you like?" So I jumpe
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: 2 acre pond aeration questions by Quarter Acre @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

Something else I added as an after thought was a dump valve. I only run one of my three diffusers during the winter and I thought my pump might over expand just one of the diffuser if all the air was sent to it. The dump valve exhausts air from the
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Add Floridas? by jpsdad @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

You've got a pretty good BOW already. The F1's 'could' help but it won't be as easy as stocking some F1 fingerlings. If they are to be 2-3 in fingerlings or advanced fingerlings on feed ... I would just save the money. The former may not survive t
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Hypolimnetic aeration by Joey Quarry @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

I joined this forum because of the discussion on hypolimnetic aeration: http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=225862 I don't think many pond owners have the need for this type of aeration, but I do. However, I could nev
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: Tilapia farm (indoor tanks) for sale, Central NC by Clay N' Pray @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Anyone want to bankroll me? This is my dream job.
Raising Forage and Bait
Jump to new posts Re: Raising Black Soldier Fly Larva by Mike Whatley @ Yesterday at 05:08 PM

Pics of the generator The main container and lid [img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/epSMjhYLvvknfL9S7[/img] The feed tray and collection bin [img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/5oSyEVxq8i1LiLeD7[/img] The feed tray rests inside a cutout in the collecti
Jump to new posts Re: Design Feedback on Pond Renovation by RStringer @ Yesterday at 03:30 PM

What you got going on so far looks beautiful. The more spawning area and cover the better you are I think. Looking forward to some pictures from the ground.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else having issues getting TFS? by anthropic @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Eric, I hate the idea of paying for TFS in October that end up dying in January cold snap.
Muddy water
Jump to new posts What’s the best way? by bassman_67 @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

Well I know I have posted about my dads pond and how muddy the water is. Well we thought we have fixed it by my cousin putting in a silt dam just north of our pond which in turn feeds into the pond. Now it seems the run off of water coming from the s
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: over night fish kills by swampsnyper @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob LuskFeed your fish and see what the response is. Then, let's talk about it. Better, pm me with your number and I'll call and we'll talk. Great, done.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: YP Can Eat Decent-Sized BG by Matzilla @ Yesterday at 02:05 PM

YP will hit anything. 5" stick baits for example. An 8.5" YP isn't afraid of anything you have in your pond. In my pond, if it moves, something will eat it lol
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Getting control of algea by nogoer @ Yesterday at 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike WhatleyYou're going to zip them tight on the rope. They shouldnt spin and that little tag you leave hanging will help grap the scum. I suggested spacing them 2", but you can put them as close as you want. I wouldnt go
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: New to forum by Bob Lusk @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

Bill Cody is right on!
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Built it and they will come by ewest @ Yesterday at 11:07 AM

Harvest is necessary just like with a pond. I just hope no one decides all us old guys need to be harvested !
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: Time to take a look at muddy waters by roundy @ Yesterday at 10:46 AM

CP - that is my next angle of attack if the water doesn't continue to clear. I plane to ramp up to the full-on alum treatment option, hopefully, that won't be necessary. Thanks for the visual.
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by roundy @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Trex is a bit over 2X as heavy as 3/4 marine plywood when both are dry. Trex doesn't absorb water but plywood tends to get much heavier if continuously exposed to moisture. Add carpet and I don't think there would be a huge difference after a few sea
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Posts
Oversized Cloverleaf trap?
by Clay N' Pray
0 seconds ago
Young YP..Is this possible???
by Snipe
Today at 02:30 AM
Wetland/forage pond and mosquito management
by ShortCut