Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Jtparker779, JohnR, brisket, Snicholas, kevomania
15890 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15891 Members
36 Forums
36500 Topics
497156 Posts

Max Online: 1210 @ 08/23/18 11:01 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24033
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19773
Dave Davidson1 13776
Bill Cody 12767
Who's Online
12 registered (Mike Whatley, Lovnlivin, nvcdl, Sunil, JohnR, roundy, DrLuke, sprkplug, bigbambo, JWF, Shorty, mbunimog), 206 Guests and 639 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: My ponds seem to be fishless.... by nvcdl @ 24 minutes 15 seconds ago

Looks like I was pre-mature in my judgement. Used a small beatle spin and caught several bluegills about 7-8" and several small bass. Lost one bass that looked like a two pounder when he threw the little hook. Caught a couple that were around
Should I aerate?
Jump to new posts Re: Should I turn off daytime aeration? by DrLuke @ 58 minutes 33 seconds ago

Do you have a way of measuring the water temp in your pond? Daytime aeration in warm weather can raise the average temp of your pond, and cooler water preferring species like WE and YP can get stressed (or potentially die) in too warm of water.
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from Maryland by mbunimog @ Today at 07:10 PM

Thanks. The old pond on the property is very old and has 100 ft trees growing on the dam slope some of them dead. The overflow pipe buried in the dam is corroded and shortened by several feet. The trees will have to come out to restore the dam int
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Construction Cost by Snicholas @ Today at 06:42 PM

Thank you all. Thatís very helpful. Gives me a general idea.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: One and done game feeders by teehjaeh57 @ Today at 06:20 PM

I have no experience with this feeder, however I've tried multiple feeder manufacturers and my original TH continues to run without fail going on season 10. I've purchased or been gifted 5 other feeders during that time for half the cost of a TH uni
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: A couple questionable fish by GAPRanch @ Today at 05:33 PM

Thanks. I think that's good advice. They're fun to catch. haven't cooked any yet but when I manage to catch enough in one sitting I am looking forward to it.
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by DrLuke @ Today at 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: canyoncreek You would probably know, as long as I have a mallard duck pair on the pond will I not get a wood duck pair to join them? I know people wait many years to get wood ducks and my pond is a long shot due to activity aro
Identifying plants
Jump to new posts Re: Plant Identification by bobbyc @ Today at 04:41 PM

Thanks for the AquaPlant aquatic plant id site "ewest"! I have something that I've never seen in my pond and I've had it for over 20 years. From the pics on the link to the AquaPlant aquatic plant id site, I assume it may be "Common S
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Stocked Bream pond. When to add Bass?? by Jtparker779 @ Today at 04:39 PM

What size bass would you add and when? Again, the BG are 2-4Ē right now.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Feeders and bears by Dave Davidson1 @ Today at 04:05 PM

I remember a picture somewhere showing a feeder hanging on a big rope or cable over a pond. Next pic showed a bear hanging by all four feet at the feeder.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration questions by blkandst @ Today at 03:36 PM

I figured out my pond is about 5,186,160 gallons. 3 regular vertex diffusers will give me almost that (8ft average) in a 24 hour period. So 6 diffusers should put me turning my pond over twice in a 24 hour period. Is my pump enough to handle that?
Jump to new posts Re: Other Hobbies by RStringer @ Today at 03:25 PM

Now that wud be pretty damn coo to look thrur
Jump to new posts Re: Pond Redo LOL by RStringer @ Today at 03:22 PM

This is the tractor i'm using. It might take me a little while but it will get done. The wife left for the weekend with a full tank of fuel LOL. She got a surprise she she got home.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: 2.35 acre pond aeration by blkandst @ Today at 03:17 PM

Hey quarter acre. Would a gast 1022 be good enough for his pond? I just purchased a gast 1022 3/4 horse and my ponds a tad bigger than his. Looking to see if it would work. Thanks
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Stocked bream pond. When to add Bass? by Jtparker779 @ Today at 03:00 PM

3/4 acre pond. 5 foot deep. Just put 500 3Ē Coppernose bream in it. My goal is to manage for large Coppernose. I have been told and Iíve read that bass are the key to achieve this goal. My question is when to add them, how many, and how large? Iím ne
Help
Jump to new posts Re: Lost 4 large carp in the past few days by Spicelanebass @ Today at 01:11 PM

Congratulations. Wish I could get rid of mine.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Minnow species? by roundy @ Today at 11:30 AM

I have stocked 5# of FHM twice. Once about 18 months ago and then again last fall. I stocked GSH last spring if I remember right. Finally getting 2-acre pond full and bare earth covered in grass. Hopefully, water will clear some in the coming year. T
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Removing or treating FA by Bill D. @ Today at 10:42 AM

I compost our FA and also use it "green" after it has dried a couple days on the pond shore as mulch/weed barrier straight into the garden.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Deteriorating overflow pipe by Rainman @ Today at 10:13 AM

JohnR...that "low spot" in the corner of your dam is, in all likelihood, your emergency spillway in case a huge rain event occurs that the primary drain can't handle. You will need to lower your pond level and build a coffer dam to get in
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday Theo Gallus! by Sunil @ Today at 09:40 AM

Ah yes...59 is such an innocent age!!! HBD, Theocity!!!
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: TFS time? by TGW1 @ Today at 09:08 AM

My experience with threadfins is all positive. I have not seen any downfall yet and most likely will not see any until we get one of those freak cold winters that we have not seen in the past 4 and a half yrs. Now after saying all that, I don't bel
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: What kind of fish is this? by Snipe @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

I'd say you are correct Bill.. Looking back at picture with screen turned sideways. Incredible how secluded I am!! Looks very "Crappie-ish". Cool!
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: HBD Sprkplug! by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Have a great Indiana Birthday - great update about what has been happening with you and your family. Miss you.
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts An epiphany regarding crappie in my BG pond by Mike Whatley @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

I have spent hours today reading theories regarding raising large BG. In doing so, I have come to believe that crappie may not be a bad predator fish to have if big (10"+) BG are the goal. Even to the point of letting them as well as all other p
Today's Birthdays
acmbusiness, Dantheman
Recent Posts
My ponds seem to be fishless....
by nvcdl
1 minute 7 seconds ago
Should I turn off daytime aeration?
by DrLuke
35 minutes 25 seconds ago
Hello from Maryland
by mbunimog
Today at 07:10 PM