Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
jpsdad, RMorgan, K Caddenhead, DavidS, skipetejohn
15350 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15350 Members
36 Forums
35409 Topics
482969 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24026
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 19286
Dave Davidson1 13312
Theo Gallus 12356
Who's Online
5 registered (RAH, Dave Davidson1, Arkie, dreams of ponds, Clay N' Pray), 86 Guests and 467 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Save big BG by discouraging spawn? by anthropic @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: snrubIf the females are not allowed to spawn will they just reabsorb their eggs? Will this be more stress than letting them spawn? I don't know. Just asking. Good point! I don't know either. Seem to recall experts saying th
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: Help Please! Fish Kill by snrub @ Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Thanks for the update. I hate it when I read old threads and they just leave you hanging on what ever happened. Thanks for coming back and letting us know.
Building a dam
Jump to new posts First cast of the cast net tonight by snrub @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

This was the contents of the first cast of the cast net tonight. 9 RES and 11 or 12 GS. No GSF (yea!) Biggest RES in the picture about 4-5". Second cast I got about a 6" RES. All came out of this pond and went into the sediment pond. Afte
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Simple goose observations by anthropic @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Based on my experience, I'd recommend discontinuing any fish feeding while geese are on the lake. Tough to do at a remote site, however.
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Catfish as predators on bluegills etc. by snrub @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Norm KopeckyI never grew up fishing for bass but rather fishing for catfish and have always liked them. It seems like catfish should control bluegills easily. The only problem with this combination is that the catfish wouldn't
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Sinking vs floating food by snrub @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

Same here. I have a road all the way around the main pond and any time I drive the Polaris UTV around it you can see wakes coming at it all the way around. The UTV is the fish "dinner bell".
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Kasco Robust aire Diffuser by KENZ @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Thanks for the advice.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Stocking and growth rates by cheyenne19 @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Thanks for the advice guys.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: TH feeder question by anthropic @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: mbj4ksuPat, it is a TH. I suspect it is bugs. I either left the lid ajar or I had a visitor tamper with it. It was about half full today so I didn't have much luck digging to the bottom. I'm gonna let it run empty and investigat
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Wels catfish as alternative for channel catfish by matija @ Yesterday at 08:15 PM

I can get or them or northern pike or zander (european welleye)and i think nobody of them eats pumkinseed sunfish and bullheads that infested my pond
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: BG - Which gets bigger, male or female by Mike Whatley @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Today my pond has a new resident. A nice little 10" LMB. I was hoping to have a couple more but they just weren't cooperating today and I had a heck of a time with the bowfin....dang they can fight. Anyway, it's got full run of of the joint for
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning feeders? Tricks & tips? by anthropic @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Just be careful about leaving feed on the ground around the feeder. Ants are drawn to the area, and then you may find unwanted guests the next time you open the feeder. I speak from personal experience, unfortunately...
New Forum Member Introduction
Jump to new posts Re: Never been much for fishing but by snrub @ Yesterday at 04:57 PM

Been dang busy around the farm this spring but have had a chance to do a little fishing the last few days. Good news on this main 3 acre pond is that I caught a couple of LMB on the 12"+- range. Picture of one below. Was fishing for small to me
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: LMB fry by Pat Williamson @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Thatís good news John, renewal yearly. Or yearly renewal
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts sediment pond doing its job by snrub @ Yesterday at 04:34 PM

I'm so glad I built this sediment pond to take the brunt of runoff from my main pond. Although it does not catch and settle out all the sediment from the agricultural land runoff, it catches a lot of it keeping it out of my main pond. Pictures below
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: Aeration turn over rate by Bill Cody @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

The food in the aeration boil is zooplankton brought to the surface from the deep zone.
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: On the male bluegill only scenario by jpsdad @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Thank you John, The CC have been relatively small with relatively poor growth. That said we've caught and released CC up to 4 lbs which I think are about 10 years old from the first stocking. I saw evidence that the pond was fished for catfish las
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Renovate possibilities? by snrub @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

Agree with the first two replies. I have had experience cleaning out three old ponds and building three four new ones doing the work myself or with the help of some of my hired farm hands running the machinery. I actually did all the clean out of th
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: food chain for small turtle pond by CMM @ Yesterday at 08:40 AM

Bullfrogs eat small fry size fish, as will small water snakes, and of course, bigger fish.
Today's Birthdays
JB Askew
Recent Posts
Save big BG by discouraging spawn?
by anthropic
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Help Please! Fish Kill
by snrub
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Building new forage mini pond
by snrub
Yesterday at 10:53 PM