Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
tlh2865, mdcoblentz, frederjj, Fivealive, Matt Roberts
14949 Registered Users
Forum Stats
14951 Members
36 Forums
34598 Topics
473008 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 23906
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18868
Dave Davidson1 13031
Theo Gallus 12327
Who's Online
8 registered (Shorty, TGW1, Mike Schmitt, sprkplug, Jim Wetzel, SetterGuy, xraytrapper, Alamoses), 91 Guests and 396 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: Caught a few fish Friday night by TGW1 @ 10 minutes 9 seconds ago

If concerned about the noise and considering the distance to the pond. I would suggest (based on the noise of my two Kasco pumps) I would run some elec to a new small built shed or something like a well house (away from the bedroom window) where I w
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Sediment pond by TGW1 @ 19 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: esshupI'd throw in 10-15 pounds and see how things go. Thank you sir
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Reconyx trail cam error by TGW1 @ 22 minutes 1 second ago

Nice Dr Luke
Show off your catch
Jump to new posts Re: SMB this morning by TGW1 @ 43 minutes 19 seconds ago

4# smallies would be nice to have in a pond. And nice res too Nice one shorty
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Breeding Bluegill In A 400-gallon Stock Tank by Jim Wetzel @ Today at 07:09 AM

We are actively looking for Spotted Bass and may seek to be a supplier ourselves. We need to have lots of Spotted Bass for a food-fish trial where they will be compared to LMB used to supply the live-fish market. It is fun wading through the legal
Feeding
Originally Posted By: Jim WetzelHSB splash pattern differs markedly as a function of temperature. Watch for it. Would you mind explains this a bit more? In what ways will the splash patterns differ, and at approx what temps? Thanks Jeff
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts You see a beautiful ( 6-week old koi fry) here for by Giovanni Carlo @ Today at 05:20 AM

Hello, guys, here's a video of my 8-week old koi fry https://youtu.be/Vegg_AGyV9M
Selecting a site
Jump to new posts Re: Need ideas for covering up pond liner by bdog @ Today at 12:05 AM

I used 40 mil HDPE. 60 mil was an option at almost double the cost. 40 is thick and I don't see it wearing out anytime soon. Lots of the oilfield frac ponds are built with 20 or 30 mil. The best way I can describe this liner material is it is like th
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: CC Recruits! by John Fitzgerald @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

With feeding, they should be 12 to 14 inches in a year from spawn, from what I have researched. Even bigger is likely with satiation feeding. That six incher could be a stunted one from a late spawn last year, or a shooter from an early spawn this s
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Help! Canít catch my pond trout. by Fyfer123 @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

I stocked my 1 acre pond with 80 8-10Ē brown trout about 3 months ago. I know they are alive because I have seen them splashing and swimming recently. I tried for 2 hours this afternoon and 2 this evening to try and cacth them to check up on them. I
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts Re: Sexing Redear Sunfish? by Shorty @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

I have several hundred photos of RES all from my pond, taken from early spring in February to late fall in November located on two different Photobucket accounts. I still haven't figured out how to catch them through the ice yet. Those pictures show
Types of fish to choose
Jump to new posts Re: Very Small Spring Fed Pond Fish & Forage Options by tlh2865 @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

Certainly makes sense that cutting out as much of the middle man as possible so to speak would be the most efficient usage of resources. That in point of fact was my original intention, to try letting the system sustain itself, without my input. I ju
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: restoration-restocking of strip pit by ThePondDragon @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

If I were you I wouldn't buy it. If it has sentimental value though the money for fixing the pond would be worth it. First off tell all other people to stop stocking! This will ensure no more future problems. Second, kill the carp. Either get a fi
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering George Glazener by ewest @ Yesterday at 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: cheyenne19I've been gone for too long. I didn't know about his passing. Swapping stories on HSB was one of the most enjoyable things to me on this site. Yes you have. How are things ? George was the best !!!
Today's Birthdays
JTH
Recent Posts
Caught a few fish Friday night
by TGW1
0 seconds ago
Sediment pond
by TGW1
8 minutes 51 seconds ago
Reconyx trail cam error
by TGW1
11 minutes 52 seconds ago