Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
caitlin, Christopher Harm, mcbzx225, OhioDarin, HTNFSH2
16358 Registered Users
Forum Stats
16359 Members
36 Forums
37373 Topics
509459 Posts

Max Online: 3583 @ 01/15/20 02:21 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24219
ewest 20066
Cecil Baird1 20043
Dave Davidson1 14205
Bill Cody 13148
Who's Online
9 registered (ar_confederate, RStringer, Dave Davidson1, Flame, RSF, Shorty, KneeDeep, highflyer, RAH), 168 Guests and 592 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pond Boss
Jump to new posts Re: Get together in East Texas by Dave Davidson1 @ 31 minutes 13 seconds ago

Me too and Iím working on an empty rent house
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Chronicles of stocking Hybrid Striped Bass...... by Dave Davidson1 @ 44 minutes 33 seconds ago

JPS, yep, in a high water event you can expect to lose some of all types of fish. I have a small water hole below my dam. It has BG and GSF
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Pros & Cons of Spring Fed Ponds by Dave Davidson1 @ 47 minutes 54 seconds ago

The only potential issue that comes to mind: If the spring is below the water line, it can give but also take water.
Evaluating and adjusting fish populations
Jump to new posts Re: Overstocked by Bayard Hollins @ Today at 03:55 PM

Thanks for the pickerel info. Someone a long time ago must have dropped them off into there and I think they survive off frogs, their own fry and whatever else falls in. Iím almost positive thereís nothing else and the fact that there doesnít seem to
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: Should I stock tilapia? by Bill Cody @ Today at 03:51 PM

If the tilapia get to where you are seeing significant submerged vegetation loss you can do at least two easy things. 1. feed the fish more often so tilapia eat more pellets than plants. 2. Rremove some tilapia by fishing for the tilapia with Stubby
Property Projects & Construction
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do at your pond today? by RStringer @ Today at 01:03 PM

Love tht when family can get together and have a good time. If they thought it was 8 lbs who else really cares IMO.
Feeding
Jump to new posts Re: 3-5" BG...Optimal BG or Jr? by NEDOC @ Today at 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: optimalfishfoodYeah, that little feed can be pretty messy. I am constantly amazed by all the different modifications to feeders people have come up with to feed their fish. So the safe answer would be, with enough ingenuity (a
Muddy water
Jump to new posts Re: How long does it last (treatment) ? by TGW1 @ Today at 07:09 AM

After adding your alum/lime the water should clear up. When it clears up the sunlight will hit the ponds bottom in some areas of the pond. And when that happens the veggies will show up on their own.
Creating the food chain
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Stocking a large body of water by anthropic @ Today at 12:11 AM

See the minimum amount of gypsum necessary to clear a set volume of pond water, then multiply that by your estimated total pond volume. If it takes .01 pound of gypsum to clear 1 gallon, and your pond has 1 million gallons, then 1 million times .01
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: Do we have enough structure/any recommendations? by rrroae @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: TGW1When I had no veggies in the pond and after doing an e survey showing few 2 to 3" Bg, I was told to build brush piles in the shallow shoreline water. I built 9 brush piles and by spring I had a boom of 2 to 3" Bg.
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Will the real MVP please stand up? by anthropic @ Yesterday at 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57I quit using Purina products 3 years ago due to consistency issues. Never looked back. Purina is more convenient and cheaper to buy for me. Fish like it, too. But I gotta say the MVP has disappointed me, maybe I'll
Today's Birthdays
edwin strickland, mikesavage, Mobley HVAC
Recent Posts
Get together in East Texas
by Dave Davidson1
17 minutes 5 seconds ago
Chronicles of stocking Hybrid Striped Bass......
by Dave Davidson1
30 minutes 25 seconds ago
Pros & Cons of Spring Fed Ponds
by Dave Davidson1
33 minutes 46 seconds ago
Overstocked
by Bayard Hollins
Today at 03:55 PM
Should I stock tilapia?
by Bill Cody
Today at 03:51 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by RStringer
Today at 01:03 PM
3-5" BG...Optimal BG or Jr?
by NEDOC
Today at 11:23 AM
How long does it last (treatment) ?
by TGW1
Today at 07:09 AM
Question about Stocking a large body of water
by anthropic
Today at 12:11 AM
Do we have enough structure/any recommendations?
by rrroae
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Getting photos on this forum is a PITA!
Retreat
I Subscribe Permanent Link
Need Plants Identified - Texas Pond - Lily Pad ...
Personal Record BGxRES
Harry's Pond

© 2014 POND BOSS INC. all rights reserved USA and Worldwide