Pond Boss Magazine
http://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
WDD, GeorgeP, LD1, Dsatter84, djwoodman
15030 Registered Users
Forum Stats
15031 Members
36 Forums
34778 Topics
475499 Posts

Max Online: 1039 @ 03/28/13 02:44 PM
Top Posters
esshup 24001
Cecil Baird1 20043
ewest 18942
Dave Davidson1 13088
Theo Gallus 12332
Who's Online
6 registered (snrub, Acoursey, Mal, John Fitzgerald, optimalfishfood, hobbyman), 130 Guests and 390 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: algae and weed help needed by Acoursey @ 54 minutes 25 seconds ago

I canít be 100% certain without being hands on but looks like floating leaf from the photo. Is the floating green stuff on the surface or slightly submerged? Can you get a handful? Up close se pictures would help.
Building a dam
I just finished another pond with this same design. It is a small 1/3 acre pond. It has a watershed around 3 acres. So two 4 inch pipes should be enough. I just finished it mid September. So here are some pictures of that install with a little descri
Questions & Observations
I would add a pile from bottom to about 2 feet below the surface in the deepest part of the pond. That will allow fish to move up and down in the water column as temps and O2 change. Have some thick stuff and some open stuff in the pile.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Raising water level by scott69 @ Today at 07:59 PM

could this be connected to the pipe on the backside of the dam and accomplished the same thing? then you wouldn't be losing fertile surface water, but pulling less desirable water from below?
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Jump to new posts How I fish for BG by John Fitzgerald @ Today at 06:50 PM

I use a Mr Crappie pole, usually a 12 footer, but I have a 10 and a 13 in addition to two 12's. A small spinning reel either open or closed face is attached. I use 4 or six pound test line. A 1/64 ounce lead head jig is the preferred bait, usuall
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Feeding and water temps????????? by John Fitzgerald @ Today at 06:41 PM

I'll explain how I fish for BG in the fishing sub forum on a new topic.
Renovating a Pond or Lake?
Jump to new posts Re: Old Pond by snrub @ Today at 05:03 PM

Farmallsc my wife usually fishes for CC conventionally with a baited hook laying on the bottom (she likes to knit better than she likes to fish, so she can knit while she fishes for CC that way). I rarely do that type of fishing because it is way too
Questions & Observations
Jump to new posts Re: Walt Overton is a mensch by farmallsc @ Today at 03:21 PM

Their whole staff is great! I always text Shannon and tell her I'm on my way just to make sure they are open.
Systems questions
Jump to new posts Re: When to clean diffusers by wbuffetjr @ Today at 10:43 AM

Tracy, It is very interesting how every pond is different. For whatever reason, my diffusers seem to have quite bit of "gunk" on them after one year.
Sunfish-Including Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Wisconsin Fish has great photos of many fish along with very good data. http://www.seagrant.wisc.edu/home/Default.aspx?tabid=604 Take a look at Warmouth http://www.seagrant.wisc.edu/home/Default.aspx?tabid=605&FishID=157
Soil questions
Jump to new posts Re: Pond Mission Impossible? by snrub @ Today at 08:25 AM

You have quite an interesting pond Perry.
Creating habitat
Jump to new posts Re: What size tires? by Steve12805 @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Thanks John, I will definitely incorporate some of your ideas. The fish highway and additional piles are definite musts. Will also prop open tires more.
Today's Birthdays
John1944, Lake Vilbig - Al Kohutek, northernguy
Recent Posts
algae and weed help needed
by Acoursey
Automatic syphon system in northern climates
by DC70
08:41 PM
Structure/Habitat question, 3/4 acre pond filling
by ewest
08:21 PM
Raising water level