My buddy Nick and I spent Saturday morning in the woods searching for morels. The season is just starting to get good here.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

After we got back we pulled out the fishing rods and spent an hour collecting some fish to cook with the morels.
We pulled two more HSB, which makes 12 harvested of the 20 that were stocked. Both were <85% wR. Until the middle
of last summer I'd been seeing >100% wR from every HSB that was caught. My theory is that they were thriving up to the
point most of the crayfish in the pond were gone. We've been in an extended drought here. Most of the riprap on my pond
dam has been high and dry for over a year. By the middle of last summer it was becoming unusual to pull more than one
or two crayfish in an overnight trap soak. So it may be a lack of preferred forage that's holding them back.

The BG seem to be doing quite a bit better than the HSB. I haven't been taking weights and measures on the over-slot
BG that were released immediately after being caught, but they are clearly in good condition with nice fat bellies. We're
waiting on water temp to align with free time to deploy the fyke net. I'll make sure to get a good sampling of all sizes
when that happens.