I have been searching through so many posts and looking at as much information as I can possibly find and I am absolutely intrigued by the options available for forage.

When I read through a ton of these posts about your typical forage species I thought that I had my food chain all picked out. I figured that I would go with something pretty traditional.

Fathead Minnows
Golden Shiners
Lake Chubsuckers
Mississippi Grass Shrimp
Crayfish (species to be determined)
Threadfin Shad
Red Ear Sunfish
Bluegills
Largemouth Bass

I figured I would try my hand at breeding Tilapia to add to the pond every spring and had considered stocking Rainbow Trout over the winter, but only if it became necessary.

Then I started coming across things that were less common, but started making more sense.

Bluntnose Minnows
Spotfin Shiners
Eastern Mudminnows

What other species are there that would do well in a South Carolina pond that are maybe not as common or discussed as frequently. I've been trying to use the search function and also tried looking for some kind of list of native forage species to South Carolina on the internet, but it has yielded poor results.

Does anyone have any resources?

I don't even mind having to source them from the wild and attempting to breed them up in a small forage pond myself IF they are not available for purchase.

Thanks in advance.