Thank you, FishinRod and Anthropic! I was thinking the same thing about cover for the fish, as well as the frogs. It really doesn't bother me so I will probably just let it be. I sent some pics to the prior owner; he would get rid of it from time-to-time when it would start to take over the pond or if it was combined with occassional duckweed... I tested the water a week ago for copper and it's basically nil. The prior owner made sure to hand it over in a healthy state to make sure I was off to a good start.

My goal for the pond is to continue to allow it to thrive so all of the wonderful wildlife continue to be able to enjoy it, which is enabling me to enjoy it so much. I currently have ducks, egrets, blue herons, geese (of course), frogs, and turtles that visit (I'm sure some of the frogs and or turtles actually live here). The prior owner stocked the pond several years back with bass and bluegill. The pond and many flowers and plants surrounding it also attracts butterflies, dragonflies and my FAVORITE: Hummingbirds!!!

I'm looking forward to learning more and more from everyone- Thank you again!!!