Hi Tony , I was able to stock Rainbow Trout here last fall ( November 17th ) , 2 acre pond ( bottom diffused ) and it was the end of its first year of life for my new pond, I loved the Trout , they readily fed on Aqua max MVP and were a GREAT winter fish to cultivate , they were easy to catch and provided many meals and fillets for the freezer . I stocked 200 pounds of Trout as they were sold by the pound delivered here in Missouri ( about 200 1 LB trout ) . PROS were they were and still are A Lot of fun for the grand kids and ME , almost sure they fed HEAVY on the BABY LMB that i seen all over the edges last fall , another PRO was that feeding these Trout Daily I could also catch and see HBG and BG AND my feed trained LMB over the winter and knew they were eating and growing and feeding along with the Rainbow , the rainbow Doubled in weight almost every one of them is now 2 LB range 5 months later , I have kept track of EVERY trout caught and as of right now have 80 left. AS for Cons , the Price was a factor but not terrible but came in at 8.50 per pound delivered ( 1700.00 ) , you know as i sit here and type this i am asking myself if we got 1700.00 worth of enjoyment and the answer is YES SIR so don't let that be a deciding factor , REALLY the only Con I can think or come up with is anything that eats in our ponds will poop that right back out , so 200 trout feeding heavy AND along with all my other LMB,CC and BG created a lot of nitrogen so soon as it warmed up here in Missouri i had a heavy FA issue , i was able to correct it by Dying the pond and turning on my bottom Diffusers . I feel pretty comfortable I have until about first part of May here to get them out before they start to die out but that wont really be an issue as they are " THAT EASY " to catch and what a HOOT !!! SO to answer your questions, FOR me it was a great idea to stock them as I enjoyed everything about them , catching and watching them and it made me " get out " to the pond ALMOST every day , how many to stock ? I did 200 trout and IMO that was A LOT for 2 acre pond , WILL THEY TAKE PELLETS ? , they feed ALMOST from your hand and will WAIT all day for the feeder to go off so YES they LOVE the pellets , DIFFICULT to CATCH ?? nope again they are " feeders " and will eat almost anything that gets within a foot of their mouth BUT don't " Educate" them with catch and release, if you catch one take him out because they get real " smart " real fast over and around a feeder , as for growth , I pounded the feed to them EVERY DAY since November except for about maybe 5 total days the pond was iced over and they doubled in weight and still have 2 months left , hope this helps and this is just MY experience ( first year pond owner and as GREEN as they come )