Except for certain flowing-water loving species (GC come to mind), only little fish are likely to be lost to an overflow. So I bet few if any CC got washed out; I'm sure they hunkered down deep, riding the storm out.

I don't think GBH would have much chance at CC, unless they spend more time in the shallows than mine do. They're only there when there's fish food to be eaten.

OTOH, you have broken the bad news to your cats that the world is not always a friendly place for them by catching 15 of them. Catching a CC (returned or not) depresses feeding by the rest of the population for a while. It has always lasted a day or so in my pond, but other PMs have reported longer CC feeding suppression intervals. The variation may have to do with how dependant the cats have become on pelleted feed.

How are your Coppernose doing? What is their current size vs. size when stocked? Any signs that they spawned this year? What are your LMB stocking plans - numbers & size?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]