When bass fishermen realize you can keep a big bug in the strike zone longer and can horse a bucketmouth out of heavy cover -there will be a market for these rods.

Sage Launches New Bass Fly Rods! (Press Release)
danblanton.com

Posted by John Sherman (Sage Sales Rep) on 2007-09-05 11:53:01

With a growing interest in Bass fishing with fly rods, Sage launches two tournament legal fly rods available in 2 models; a Smallmouth and a Largemouth Bass fly rod. Both of these models are now available at your local Sage dealer. Both rods will come with a Sage rod and reel case and a Sage Bass Taper fly line and will retail at $350!

These two new rods and matching fly lines are designed with multiple use applications. The first priority of these specialized rods and lines are meeting the requirements of BASS tournament length restrictions that all rods measure no longer than 8’ whether they are casting, spinning, or fly rods.

Sage BASS rods are 4pc. 7’11” and will qualify in all BASS tournaments.

The use of the names Largemouth and Smallmouth (they are not designated as a specific line weight), while species specific in the literal sense, should be purveyed as Heavy Duty and Light Duty in the uses and purpose of each model. As such, the Largemouth version has been put to use in backcountry mangroves for snook, redfish, and small tarpon, and in freshwater for Bass, Pike and Muskies. The Smallmouth BASS Rod is perfect for Smallies, White Bass, as well as Largemouth Bass where moderate size bass bugs are put to use. Kayak anglers will find either 4 piece rod easy to stow aboard their craft and the shorter angling lever will make landing fish alongside the craft an easier task than with longer rods.

Each rod and line has been designed for easy casting and fishing pleasure for all fly anglers or anyone who has ever wanted to catch a bass on a fly rod. The specialized WF floating lines are identified using the grain weight of the first 30’ of line. These bulky lines are designed for aggressively turning over stocky leaders and the most wind resistant flies and bugs. The running line is oversized for easy handling in all weather conditions. Experienced anglers will find these rods adaptable to all casting styles. Sinking lines used with these rods should approximate the grain weights silkscreened on each rod.

These rods have been field tested extensively over the past two years in waters both fresh and saltwater all over the world!

"For years I have watched fly anglers struggle trying to throw air resistant bugs. I honestly felt as exhausted as the casters themselves, and I WAS ONLY WATCHING! I couldn't stand this anymore...! I had to create a better way, and now the work is done. Today is yesterday's tomorrow. The future is here. Go now and fish with ease, and let me rest my weary eyeballs."
~ Jerry Siem 8-28-07

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)