Thanks Sunil, that will help I'm sure. So here's the story. I picked up the scuds about noon yesterday. I drove home and had them in the water by 4:30 pm. Kyle had several tanks full of scuds. He claimed this was a drop in the bucket compared to some years. I bought a gallon of them. I figured how many could you possibly fit into a gallon, several hundred maybe if you left room for them to swim around. I was surprised that a gallon of scuds is a gallon of scuds before the water is added. And Kyle was generous with the gallon. I would say I got between 1 and 2 gallons of critter. This was a solid mass of living stuff. He then added some water and sealed it up. I don't know how many there were but judging by how many fit into a cup as I scooped them into the pond there surely were 10's of thousands. I was surprised that they can survive this way. In the 4 hours it took me to get them into the pond I maybe lost 50 or so but the rest swam immediately down under the ice. See the pics below. First one is of the aerator near where I installed. I drilled 5 holes around the perimeter of the pond close to shore right in the weeds. I put some scuds down each hole.

Next is picture of the bag of critters.

Next is picture of the bag in the water getting temperature acclamated.

Next is picture of a few scuds in hand.

Kyle gave me plenty of advice on how to "install" them as he calls it. He also emailed me today just to see how it went. I was impressed with Kyle, he seems to really know his stuff. You can't imagine the contraption he invented for harvesting these buggers. I'll tell more later.

Gotta get back to fishin!