BigMac,
My own post got me to thinkin' about the changes. I have a page on the website dedicated to before/after shots, but it hasn't been updated since we cleared the site.
The following 3 pic chronology is the kinda stuff you're gonna want to document for posterity. All these shots were taken from an area within 50 ft of each other, looking in the same direction:
-
-
This is the first day of clearing the 6 ac site of fairly dense timber. This particular area was thinner since it was the low spot that collected water...the part that attracted me in the first place. About 1/2 ac clear so far.

-
-
This is a couple weeks later; a little over 6 ac is cleared and burned. Only a couple of root ball piles remain, smoldering well into Winter. We quit for the year at this point last September. It allowed us to spend quality time in the site, dreaming and scheming.

-
-
This is where we are today in July, some 9 months later. The dreaming and scheming paid off big. We changed a number of facets over the Winter. We have made a good decision in waiting and thinking.