Quote:
Just exactly how much do you think a 3 acre "lake" adds to the value of your property, would you believe $70,000 ?
You would not have to line up a whole bunch of planets for that to be realistic. Heck, location, location, and location would be the only 3 necessary planetary triplets required to get there.
I have always kept my eye on other options for our project. I am a firm believer that everything is for sale. I laid out the entry drive and some other logistics to allow for 3 - 4 prime, estate vacation building sites on a 5 acre pond. Never say never. Show me da money.
My parents did this a number of times. They would buy a small acreage piece of nothing, cobble together (with their own hands) a little vacation home package that they were sure would be their retirement home....then sell it. My Dad says there are 2 basic elements to remember if I follow in his shoes. Make sure you are near a good hospital and you better be where ya wanna be in the end by the time you hit 60. I still have a few more years to maneuver.